ADVERTISEMENT

Is Eastern Fibbing?

Sure , Because you are able to predict what would of happened in the BIG and all other Conf tourneys. Those tourneys always play out like we think. LOL. Bubble team at best. And we will never ever know. So the streak continues !!

You are correct, we will never know.

This type of comment would get you banned on the IU board. Wish our moderators would kick out IU fans for the same criteria...

Then don’t ’t be an idiot and you wouldn’t get this kind of backlash. You’re actively putting words in my mouth and I don’t appreciate it.

Still haven't been in the tournament since 2016...have I mentioned that before?

And you still haven’t won an NCAA title since well ever. Is that how this works? Is that some kind of insult? IU could miss the tournament for the rest of this decade and Purdue still wouldn’t have as many appearances as them.

Then don’t ’t be an idiot and you wouldn’t get this kind of backlash. You’re actively putting words in my mouth and I don’t appreciate it.
I can't wait until school gets back. These kids have nothing better to do then do exactly this. What a mess of a fan or supposedly a coach.

To your argument on your board. Don't forget your beloved coach spent many hours trying to get Morton your way and it didn't happen. Now you see how it works.

Lol.

So time/place/setting dictates how objective one can be?
Yes, because your argument about Morton on your board is based on IU not getting him. Your coach spent many hours trying to get him. This is why you're trolling and that's it.

Do all Purdue fans look at things without context? In 2018 only 4 Big Ten teams made the tournament. It was one of the weakest Big Tens ever. This year 10 teams would have made the tournament. It was the strongest Big Ten ever. If you think the 2018 team was better than the 2020 team simply because they finished higher in the Big Ten, I’m guessing you are one of the few Purdue fans who didn’t actually attend Purdue.

As for recruiting rankings leading to success, Tom Crean is not a good coach, yet Lansing too talent allowed him to win 2 Big Ten championships and make 3 SSs. His talent covered up a lot of his flaws. His issue is that he would only recruit top talent. He would land some, but miss on a lot. He would then panic and sign garbage players just to fill out the roster (ie. Priller, April, Gelon, etc). The Cody Zeller teams and the 2016 had solid depth, and were really good teams because of it. His other teams only had stars and no depth. They sucked. Archie now has stars and depth. We will see what he does with them.

Do all iu fans lack comprehension skills? Show me anywhere that i claimed that the 2018 team was better than the 2020 version. Guess you just needed to create a false argument.

I'll type slow in an effort to make it simpler for you to understand. Your coach's best conference finish(6th) was in his first year, in a conference that I agree was down. So, in year two as the conference improves he finishes lowered in the standings(9th) after bringing in a top 10 class(2nd in conference) that included a top 10 individual recruit. Year three sees increased conference depth and an even lower(11th) place finish. That trajectory has to make you feel all warm and fuzzy. Please keep lil' archie, though, its entertaining.

6th ~ 9th ~ 11th

Yes, because your argument about Morton on your board is based on IU not getting him. Your coach spent many hours trying to get him. This is why you're trolling and that's it.

I would have gladly taken Morton, I just don’t think he’s going to have the impact as a freshman that the Purdue fans posting on the IU board seem to think he’s going to have in comparison to losing Nojel. Context helps in these kind of situations.

To your argument on your board. Don't forget your beloved coach spent many hours trying to get Morton your way and it didn't happen. Now you see how it works.

I was disappointed when Archie initially missed out on Morton. But he was able to compensate getting players in Leal and Galloway. I think all 3 players will have similar 4 year careers although in different fashion. But Archie not only landing Lander, but getting him to reclassify to the same class now makes Morton an afterthought.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer gets fired from the job he didn't actually have.

Lol. Sheena Easton “9 to 5 Morning train” playing in background while showing him going to work. Good episode

Wasn't that George Costanza, not Kramer? :)

Approx. @ 1:01 for Sheena and Morning Train.

Kudos to Trojan, Coach, and Triangle for their Herculean efforts to get in the last word on this and other related threads. I say "Good Show, old Chaps.....Jolly good show!"

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I was disappointed when Archie initially missed out on Morton. But he was able to compensate getting players in Leal and Galloway. I think all 3 players will have similar 4 year careers although in different fashion. But Archie not only landing Lander, but getting him to reclassify to the same class now makes Morton an afterthought.

Leal and Galloway aren’t on the same level as Morton. Lander will be good but Ivey and Morton are better than Leal/Galloway by a good amount.

Reactions: ThisIsTheWay
We finally agree on something.

Still super early in the process, but I would guess Kaufman, Wesley, and Louis Lesmond.

Lol at thinking Morton is a horrible fit in Painter’s offense. You don’t honestly believe that do you?

I’ve been on this board less than a week and am laughing/shocked just how obsessed these fans are with us. Bout to try and find a sublet for my apartment cause we are living rent free in their heads right now. Hilarious.

Not that such a 'great kid' would be lying, but regardless of whether he goes pro, gets a waiver, or whatever:

What evidence do you guys have that Nojel Eastern has actually been oferred a scholarship by Michigan, other than Nojel Eastern saying and tweeting it as so?
Next man up

And you still haven’t won an NCAA title since well ever. Is that how this works? Is that some kind of insult? IU could miss the tournament for the rest of this decade and Purdue still wouldn’t have as many appearances as them.

And IU still hasn't won a BIG Tournament in since, well ever.

this forum is getting almost unreadable. just about every thread gets hijacked by a couple guys arguing about something completely unrelated to the topic.
most probably don't care at all about what they're arguing about. having the last word must make you the winner...smh

IMO the reason Michigan has not announced Eastern is they are waiting for him to pull his name back out of the NBA.

Once this happens then they will announce......makes no sense to announce and then for some odd reason he stays in the draft or goes overseas.

We will know more soon......either way, not our issue anymore.

Let's cheer and support Purdue student athlete's and don't worry about Eastern or IU trolls for that matter.....

Remember use the mute button as soon as they speak up.

Cheers and Boiler Up!

This thread is a good summary of this board recently. Let's start a thread about Nojel, then get distracted by some random IU fan who wants to argue. It's amazing how easily distracted people get by trolls.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
How were Teague and Landry rated coming out of high school? I doubt they were five stars.

No. Landry wound up at Vincennes JC I think. Both were coming off knee/ACL injuries the year they played under CMP.

As noted above, Jeff Teague and Carl Landry didn't play in Painters 1st year as Coach, due to injury.

How were Teague and Landry rated coming out of high school? I doubt they were five stars.

Neither were "highly rated" (at least from recruiting services) IIRC, although I think Carl Landry was considered a better prospect (perhaps a 4* in some early ratings?). He went to Vincennes prior to joining Purdue for two full seasons (and a very small portion of a season in 2006 - CMP's first year). I'm assuming BoilerJS meant David Teague who missed all of 2006 due to injury. He also spent a year at Bridgton Prep before coming to Purdue IIRC. So yes - in a roundabout way - one season together - '06 - '07, where Purdue finished 22-12 (5th in the Big Ten) and lost to eventual NCAA champion Florida (74-67) in the second round of the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: ejs1111 and TX4GB
George did show up and "worked" on the Pensky file for a week even though hadn't been formally hired. This was in the episode "The Barber."

Some classic lines in that episode --

George: I enjoy understanding.

Jerry: I want you to have this job, of course sodomy is a prerequisite.

George: Mr. Pensky. I was just working on your file. I was transferring the contents of the file into this flexible accordion-style folder.

George: Well bear in mind I am in the smaller office.
ncaHgN.gif

ADVERTISEMENT