ADVERTISEMENT

Is Eastern Fibbing?

HoosierfanJM

Senior
Feb 7, 2013
Not that such a 'great kid' would be lying, but regardless of whether he goes pro, gets a waiver, or whatever:

What evidence do you guys have that Nojel Eastern has actually been oferred a scholarship by Michigan, other than Nojel Eastern saying and tweeting it as so?

Not that such a 'great kid' would be lying, but regardless of whether he goes pro, gets a waiver, or whatever:

What evidence do you guys have that Nojel Eastern has actually been oferred a scholarship by Michigan, other than Nojel Eastern saying and tweeting it as so?

there was a Michigan poster who said Eastern may have jumped the gun announcing going to Michigan. He may be going as a walk-on.

I'll applaud the effort on the conspiracy theory. Indeed, I haven't seen a single statement from anyone associated with the UM basketball program. And that pic of him in the Michigan jersey was obviously photo-shopped. And a mom who isn't shy about using social media to promote her son. Maybe they are trying to strong-arm their way in? Or perhaps gaslighting Howard into believing he offered? I kind of wish this was true just for the spectacle.

my son wanted to go to Michigan. it's expensive for out of state students, unless a friend is paying the bills. . I highly doubt he could afford to go there as a walk-on. From what I read he would go there and sit out a year and play the following year. I can't imagine he would go somewhere and sit out a year. if the g league comes calling, I believe he's gone.

I was also wondering if anyone remembers how Eastern played at the end of that close overtime loss in Ann Harbor?

Hmmmm...

I'll applaud the effort on the conspiracy theory. Indeed, I haven't seen a single statement from anyone associated with the UM basketball program. And that pic of him in the Michigan jersey was obviously photo-shopped. And a mom who isn't shy about using social media to promote her son. Maybe they are trying to strong-arm their way in? Or perhaps gaslighting Howard into believing he offered? I kind of wish this was true just for the spectacle.

This would be great. Since The Last Dance is over I need some new entertainment.

Have seen some premium Purdue posters on the national board saying Brian of gbi is reporting its very unlikely nojel will ever play for Michigan. Sounds like he really might not have been offered a scholarship or at the least something else is going on that will prevent him from playing there. This whole situation is so odd. Has "treed" written all over it.

I read a statement on another blog that seemed to be quoting Mom saying that if he doesn't get a waiver he would keep his name in the draft. Didn't see that anywhere here unless I just missed it. Of all people to get waivers, his name would be at the bottom of that list. Unless they're just counting on the new rules passing right away, which is doubtful.

Well..

Would comments like this from Painter pissed someone off,
and dr'ed this claim of going to UM?
"Jelly is walking out of here without his degree. That's not smart."

Esp., in light of no NCAA transfer rule change likely and
not withdrawing his name from NBA draft?

That is for someone to know, and us the curious folks to find out shortly..

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I read a statement on another blog that seemed to be quoting Mom saying that if he doesn't get a waiver he would keep his name in the draft. Didn't see that anywhere here unless I just missed it. Of all people to get waivers, his name would be at the bottom of that list. Unless they're just counting on the new rules passing right away, which is doubtful.
I too will be keeping my name in the draft for the 15th straight year - pretty sure this is my year to shine.

Is it out of the question that he graduates if he takes summer courses? These players are on campus nearly year round and take credit hours during the summers. I do get the feeling that without a waiver we’ve seen the last of Nojel at the collegiate level.

Reactions: indyogb
It appears to be sh*t-stirrin' time here, boys.

Might be more merit than you think. No official word from UM athletic site or Twitter account. Same Twitter account has acknowledged former Wolverines transferring out as well incoming transfer Mike Smith.

Reactions: Andy2
I sincerely congratulate Nojel and Meatchicken on their recently announced marriage. It's about damned time we've been able to count on a couple of games where we can play 5 on 4 defense.

It appears to be sh*t-stirrin' time here, boys.

Might be more merit than you think. No official word from UM athletic site or Twitter account. Same Twitter account has acknowledged former Wolverines transferring out as well incoming transfer Mike Smith.

Could be another thread that gets trashed but ends up being true. When was the last time there was a P5 commitment with no official acknowledgement from the coach or anyone affiliated with the program.?

Time will tell - soon.

Could be another thread that gets trashed but ends up being true. When was the last time there was a P5 commitment with no official acknowledgement from the coach or anyone affiliated with the program.?

Time will tell - soon.

Ifs a buts...

If there was one message you should have ...!.... received, is that most people here don't care about your theories. In fact, most are on the path to wash their hands of the issue ... or have already done so.

Stir on...

Reactions: JRowdy20
very few give a d@mn.

right now it's just troll material.

There’s 10 current threads regarding Nojel’s transfer on the front page. I think more than a few give a damn. You’ve commented in just about everyone of them. Naturally, like always, you just can’t help yourself.

I don’t think there’s any conspiracy or shit-stirrin’ going on, just think it’s slightly odd that there’s been zero acknowledgment or press release from the University or Juwan Howard, regarding Nojel’s transfer. Perhaps he’s not yet enrolled or hasn’t been admitted into Michigan and therefore member officials cannot yet make comment, that would be understandable.

But stop saying people don’t give a damn because you don’t want to hear it. You went out of your way to open up yet another Nojel thread only to comment...again. But hey thanks for letting the rest of us know.

There’s 10 current threads regarding Nojel’s transfer on the front page. I think more than a few give a damn. You’ve commented in just about everyone of them. Naturally, like always, you just can’t help yourself.

I don’t think there’s any conspiracy or shit-stirrin’ going on, just think it’s slightly odd that there’s been zero acknowledgment or press release from the University or Juwan Howard, regarding Nojel’s transfer. Perhaps he’s not yet enrolled or hasn’t been admitted into Michigan and therefore member officials cannot yet make comment, that would be understandable.

But stop saying people don’t give a damn because you don’t want to hear it. You went out of your way to open up yet another Nojel thread only to comment...again. But hey thanks for letting the rest of us know.

You just don't get it.

Most want this to go away.

But, we get IU fans stirring the sh*t, and you just can't help yourself. Telling.

You just don't get it.

Most want this to go away.

But, we get IU fans stirring the sh*t, and you just can't help yourself. Telling.

How is the sh*t being stirred? By pointing out it’s odd that not a single official member at Michigan has acknowledged or confirmed Eastern’s transfer? 5 of the 7 top threads on GBI are about Nojel Eastern with maybe 2 or 3 IU posters adding input. That surely equates to “most wanting this to go away”?

We get it, no thread is complete until the arbitrator himself has something to add. But for someone who wants this to go away, you sure do have an odd way of showing it.

Reactions: BabyBoilerBilly2

Interesting theory. The only evidence I’ve seen is the article on the UM rivals site talking about their new transfer, Nojel.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Michigan is actually getting Wake Forest transfer Chaundee Brown today. Sit one play one at this point. Same size as Eastern. Much better player. Doubtful that they would take two who couldn’t play without waiver.

Reactions: IUhaterade
Thinking more about Eastern leaving...

• Someone connected with Nojel has the ear of Howard.
  • This move was discussed with Meetchicken long before Nojel made the announcement.
  • I believe the staff and the AD were complicit in Nojel to Michigan.
  • Mama knew about this three/four weeks ago based on re-reading her posts
  • Nojel has been promised free reign of his offense....drive, dish, shoot when open.
And I will say it now, I believe based on the timelines, though it might never be proven, there may very well have been tampering in this situation.

Michigan is actually getting Wake Forest transfer Chaundee Brown today. Sit one play one at this point. Same size as Eastern. Much better player. Doubtful that they would take two who couldn’t play without waiver.

Lol

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT