ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State (5) v. Purdue (4) Game Thread (NCAA Tournament Midwest)

When you don't play defense and against a team that can score like Iowa State can, no lead is safe. Besides this isn't even remotely unique to us.
Absolutely. This tournament isn't fantastic because no one battles and has comebacks. This is why it's great!

Think I'll go rebuild the truck engine since I won't be sleeping tonight.
national-lampoons-christmas-vacation-5.jpg

Reactions: Schnelk
Carsen is shining and Cline is cold as ice... I don't know why he wasn't out there with Biggie. Every time he and Biggie are on the floor together the team looks so much more confident... AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN WE STOP MISSING THE FRONT ENDS OF 1 AND 1'S TO ICE GAMES!? I'M LOOKING AT YOU VINCE (FIRST GAME) AND YOU TOO DAKOTA! Swanigan and PJ were not going to let us lose this game. PJ made huge plays down the strech with the 3 then the FT's... I wouldn't mind revenge for Robbies last game... Bring on the J-hawks...

Cline shot 20% from the floor and CE shoot 50% - how is Boiler Special wrong?
I guess you're referring to his 4 assists and 2 steals? While I think hes trying to let the game come to him he has looked less than comfortable in the tourney thus far. Guys he is defending are doing work and he has made some poor interior passes. Cline has a stat line of 3 points on 1-5 shooting, 4 assists, and 8 rebounds in 41 minutes played for the tourney. Meanwhile CE has a stat line of 21 from 7-16, 2 assists, 5 rebounds in 39 minutes. He hit a huge 3 and got a big layup in 2 of Vermont runs and tonight missed a 3 but got a steal and layup in one of Iowa St's runs... Cline isn't forcing much but he also is a liability defensively, isn't a reliable ball handler, and has made some poor entry passes. CE has made some bad passes as well but has a knack for being in passing lanes and can take it coast to coast... I'm not unhappy with Cline as much as I am impressed with Edwards. Right now he is bringing it and really helping the team. I don't care who starts but right now Edwards looks better all the way around. If clines 3's start falling then awesome. Right now CE is giving us a bigger impact though.

Reactions: bappylee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT