ADVERTISEMENT

If you're from IN, list your hometown here...

Richmond

If not from IN, but living here now, of for most of your life, please feel free to list that city.

OK, feel free to list any city you rep from IN in this thread.

Sheesh. Thx.
Born and raised in Indy. Living in Lafayette.

Graduated from high school in Bloomington (University High) and had the good sense to get to get myself out of town and up to Purdue. After stops in State College, PA, Madison, WI, and Los Angeles (USC), plus brief stays in in Philadelphia (Temple) and Iowa City, I've been back at Purdue for 32 years and living in rural Tippecanoe County (closest town is Stockwell).

I guess we could, lol. I think there quite a few other guys living in the Fort on here (PU pit bull, Dryfly88, Boiler Bulldog, I think Schnelk might live in New Haven (which we know is almost like an extension of FW).

Unless I'm at one in person, I actually like to watch the games by myself so that I can't be influenced and distracted by others around me (and so I can hear it), but I can make exceptions. Do you want to host get-togethers for road games we're not likely to attend? You could start a Fort Wayne Purdue Men's Hoops Fans page on Facebook and then start listing those games as Events for others to attend .
Feel the same way about watching the games, but it would be pretty cool to get fans together once and awhile to put a name with a face. I would be open to the idea...put me down if someone wants to start something up.

Reactions: nagemj02
Logansport LHS 1951-P56-Purdue fan for 74 years.Attended my first football game in 1943(we were undefeated)-First Basketball game in 1945(Started Haag-Hinga-Hoffman-Anderson-Goswier

Reactions: tjreese
I see a couple of Redkey responses - I grew up other side of Jay County near Bryant. Purdue BSEET in 90, Phx, AZ now.

So, as I said earlier I'm from Goshen (my parents still live there) but I've lived in Boise for 33 years, after Chicago and Denver stops earlier. That said, both of my daughters have degrees from Boise State. Funny how stuff can make you smile but both of my girls ask for Purdue t-shirts for Christmas and NEVER have asked for Boise State ones. Respect!.

So, as I said earlier I'm from Goshen (my parents still live there) but I've lived in Boise for 33 years, after Chicago and Denver stops earlier. That said, both of my daughters have degrees from Boise State. Funny how stuff can make you smile but both of my girls ask for Purdue t-shirts for Christmas and NEVER have asked for Boise State ones. Respect!.
Went to Goshen Rubber a few years ago when they closed the doors. I had to go on a Saturday to ensure some tooling made it on the truck to keep production going. It was quite an eerie feeling knowing that hours before nobody knew it was shutting down and so many lives would be affected. Pictures of families remained on the walls and signs of life everywhere, but no life other than one person on a 6 month contract to help the buyer out with some things... :(

Reactions: GemstateBoiler
Went to Goshen Rubber a few years ago when they closed the doors. I had to go on a Saturday to ensure some tooling made it on the truck to keep production going. It was quite an eerie feeling knowing that hours before nobody knew it was shutting down and so many lives would be affected. Pictures of families remained on the walls and signs of life everywhere, but no life other than one person on a 6 month contract to help the buyer out with some things... :(

Yeah I hear that, even though Elkhart Co. is the travel industry producer of the world, Goshen Rubber was an establishment and a longtime employer with locals. I had two uncles that worked there and luckily they were close to retirement when crap happened. Reminded me of the Pittsburgh Steel workers exits with the close-downs and sorrows. Sad stuff.

Live in Scottsdale AZ but went to high school in Connersville.
1961 thru 1965 at CHS. Last time back was for 50th class reunion. It is the junior high school now. if you want to be depressed about C'ville, read the recent Atlantic article about the poorest county in Indiana.

Really a neat start up company in Goshen. Called Janus Motorcycles and if you're into "automotive" type endeavors stop by and check it out. Great bunch of guys trying to make a different motorcycle.

I don't want to see you complaining about anything on here in the future if you're unwilling to respond to a simple question. Either don't post a reply in the thread or just answer Cleanface's question. Saying "no" makes you look like a little kid that just wants to be a contrarian for the spite of it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT