ADVERTISEMENT

If you're from IN, list your hometown here...

I have lived all my life in Muncie except for 4 years in college at Miami (O). I am a season ticket holder for Purdue basketball and Notre Dame football. I have been a big fan of Purdue since 1967.
Can you get a reversible jacket for that combination???

Madison, still live fairly close.
Hometown is Tipton but I've lived in Madison the past seven years. I was a US Army officer for 28 years and went from Tipton - Purdue - Stockton CA - Miami FL - Philippines - Munich Germany - Purdue grad school - Boston - Vicenza Italy - Fort Lee VA -Philly - San Antonio - Detroit - retired in Madison, my wife's hometown.

Last edited:
I believe you are right sir!!!
I am unsure if Cloverdale is a consolidation "after" Bainbridge had its own team. Teh 1959 team from Bainbridge was my brother-in-laws team. I can't recall if Larry is a cousin of his or not, but remember sitting with my brother-in-law and watching larry play in the tourney for Kentucky. My seats in mackey are right beside either a sister-in-law or sister..some relation to Larry...

http://www.thecouriertimes.com/sports/article_4eb0327d-0de1-566b-8910-c9315a755059.html

That Tipton Team mentioned was coached by Dick Barr (had Kreigh Smith that went to IU in 84, Valivicous? from Hammond that went to IU in the 70s) and on that team would be Donnie Curnutt (Florida) and Terry McIntosh (Georgia) as Tipton beat both teams in teh state final that year during the season if memory is correct. Dick also coached the prosecutor at Tipton today ...Jay Rich who was a VERY good high school player ...and brother-in-law to Matt Waddell

Last edited:
I have lived all my life in Muncie except for 4 years in college at Miami (O). I am a season ticket holder for Purdue basketball and Notre Dame football. I have been a big fan of Purdue since 1967.

Can you get a reversible jacket for that combination???

A rare combination. I think it would have to be specially made or forged like "Mithril Mail" or something like that.

Welcome, Owl73.

Richmond

If not from IN, but living here now, of for most of your life, please feel free to list that city.

OK, feel free to list any city you rep from IN in this thread.

Sheesh. Thx.
West Lafayette, but I moved to Birmingham, AL 4 years ago.

I am unsure if Cloverdale is a consolidation "after" Bainbridge had its own team. Teh 1959 team from Bainbridge was my brother-in-laws team. I can't recall if Larry is a cousin of his or not, but remember sitting with my brother-in-law and watching larry play in the tourney for Kentucky. My seats in mackey are right beside either a sister-in-law or sister..some relation to Larry...

http://www.thecouriertimes.com/sports/article_4eb0327d-0de1-566b-8910-c9315a755059.html

That Tipton Team mentioned was coached by Dick Barr (had Kreigh Smith that went to IU in 84, Valivicous? from Hammond that went to IU in the 70s) and on that team would be Donnie Curnutt (Florida) and Terry McIntosh (Georgia) as Tipton beat both teams in teh state final that year during the season if memory is correct. Dick also coached the prosecutor at Tipton today ...Jay Rich who was a VERY good high school player ...and brother-in-law to Matt Waddell
Bainbridge is part of today's North Putnam HS.

Yorktown

Confirmed Larry played at bainbridge...four or five other Steeles played at cloverdale
I know Jim Steele played for cloverdale. Passed away a year or two ago. Very well known in the area. The most remembered player from cloverdale before Chad Tucker would be Rick Ford I would say..

Richmond

If not from IN, but living here now, of for most of your life, please feel free to list that city.

OK, feel free to list any city you rep from IN in this thread.

Sheesh. Thx.

Born and raised in Kentland then lived in Plymouth 20 years. Live in Des Moines, Iowa now.

If I could live in Indiana, it would be Shipshewana/Middlebury area, love visiting there, and my wife loves dropping lots of $$$. in their local economy......
LOL
The food is out of this world!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT