ADVERTISEMENT

I thought Herschel Walker was a valedictorian.

Right for people that work to pay for stuff for people that don't. You want healthcare then get a job.
There are a lot of folks that work independently that do not have access to employer based health care. They need and it most love it.

I hope you’re right.

I’d have to look into her more, TBH. Back a few years ago she was impressive. Not sure she’d be my first choice for a Republican ticket… obviously better than Trump

Nikki Tulsi '24

Let's Come Together

Reactions: BSIT
There are a lot of folks that work independently that do not have access to employer based health care. They need and it most love it.
I am one of them except its not affordable, I dont have it and hate it.

You talking about independent folks working street corners picking up johns and selling drugs?

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG
I am one of them except its not affordable, I dont have it and hate it.

You talking about independent folks working street corners picking up johns and selling drugs?
Nope, I’m talking about independent truck drivers and any other self employed folks that never had health care before. Like I said it did fall short in getting the young, healthy folks to get in it. That would have offset the cost considerably. Disinformation from the right didn’t help.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Nope, I’m talking about independent truck drivers and any other self employed folks that never had health care before. Like I said it did fall short in getting the young, healthy folks to get in it. That would have offset the cost considerably. Disinformation from the right didn’t help.
Yeah, blame the right for a bad policy from the left. You make the folks in Chumptown look smart and open minded. So sad to see a brother like you so programmed.

Why the hell in any real world would young healthy people sign up for such a horrible plan as this? Disinformation from the right? You mean like you will be charged more for something you dont need so lazy unhealthy person can go to a doctor for free when their nose runs? Man, you are just stupid . Your English did improve greatly in that post so there is that at least. You like it because of who instigated it pure and simple.

Dude, the policies I listed are areal policies that are the best interests of the US.
You seem to be agreeing with me that the Trump policies you listed were in the best interests of our nation.

Then why did you dislike them?

You seem to be agreeing with me that the Trump policies you listed were in the best interests of our nation.

Then why did you dislike them?
Chump policies? What are you talking about? Chump loosened EPA regulations. Tried to get rid of Obamacare. Tax cuts for the rich etc.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Apparently I wasn't clear in my conclusory question:

I did not ask if you would prefer Trump to Biden.

I asked if, given how Trump has behaved as a national leader and as a Chief Executive, if it is worth it and a good idea for him to ever be President again. That would mean that it is entirely possible that a different candidate would have many of the exact same policies (and many do).

As an iu fan, did you care that Bobby Knight was a complete a-hole during his heyday, or just that he won national championships?

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
As an iu fan, did you care that Bobby Knight was a complete a-hole during his heyday, or just that he won national championships?
Interesting and excellent analogy!

First, when he was 'on my side' I very much did not want to believe the evidence of him being an asshole. I very much wanted to believe he was a good guy and held on to any evidence that supported it.

Also, for the most part I didn't know how big an asshole he was. The worst stuff largely (though not entirely) came out in the late 90's. When the Reed video came out it turned the tide for me. The Jadlow stuff was just as bad or worse in my opinion.

Another point worth noting: while Knight was also an 'extremely flawed guy that many think did good things' he was a basketball coach. His ass-holery was limited to nasty interactions with players, fans, media, and University staff. He was not the President of the United States, who was grabbing at and lying about possession of SCI materials, drumming up supporters into storming the US Capitol, and regularly attempting to destroy public faith in government institutions and leaders.

Last edited:
Seriously, is the country worse off with Biden than when Trump was POTUS?. This isn't even a subjective question.
You are right; it isn't even a subjective question.

The answer is objectively (and supported by objective data) "hell no!' to the majority of the American public. The majority of the American public, and the overwhelming majority of Americans with a college degree think that Biden is past his prime, but that Biden is a far better choice than Trump, who is thought of as the worst, most dangerous President in the nation's history.

Now Republican policies? Most people think those are better.

If the Republican Party would completely distance themselves from this horrible person, the primary voters would be forced to choose an anti-Trump, Republican policies candidate, and the results would likely be brilliant. It would also force the Dems back toward the center and make the country a better place in whole.

Last edited:
You are right; it isn't even a subjective question.

The answer is objectively (and supported by objective data) "hell no!' to the majority of the American public. The majority of the American public, and the overwhelming majority of Americans with a college degree think that Biden is past his prime, but that Biden is a far better choice than Trump, who is thought of as the worst, most dangerous President in the nation's history.

Now Republican policies? Most people think those are better.
Better reread and edit. I think you misstated several items, saying things that I trust you did not intend to say.

Better reread and edit. I think you misstated several items, saying things that I trust you did not intend to say.

So I edited to explain further and to show the recent polling data.

The results are clear: Republican policies-- yes!
Trump-- Hell no, even if that means four more years of Biden! Hell no to Trump!

People get it. Not all of them, but I have great faith on the American public to figure shit out.

Reactions: Bill4411
So I edited to explain further and to show the recent polling data.

The results are clear: Republican policies-- yes!
Trump-- Hell no, even if that means four more years of Biden! Hell no to Trump!

People get it. Not all of them, but I have great faith on the American public to figure shit out.
Ok, thanks.

Hard to believe those polls, and hard to have faith in the US public if people would actually prefer Biden over anybody.

The NBC-Weinstein poll states "63% of voters who believe that their income is falling behind the cost of living, as well as 58% who disapprove of Biden’s handling of the economy."

If correct, that indicates a probable drubbing coming for the dems, in my view.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
Ok, thanks.

Hard to believe those polls, and hard to have faith in the US public if people would actually prefer Biden over anybody.

The NBC-Weinstein poll states "63% of voters who believe that their income is falling behind the cost of living, as well as 58% who disapprove of Biden’s handling of the economy."

If correct, that indicates a probable drubbing coming for the dems, in my view.
Back to my theory-- maybe you can see the point; the main thing that can hold the R's back is allegiance to batshit Trump.

However, I understand the problem for the R's; the Republican primary is a small cross-section of the country but largely way more favorable to Trump, so to get his endorsement they have to find a candidate to kiss the ring and be ready, willing, and naïve enough to believe or parrot his batshit crazy stuff.

McConnell is right; the only thing holding the Republicans back is "candidate quality." And in case you're wondering, "candidate quality" is a thinly veiled way of him saying, "too many crazy-ass Trump sycophants won primaries."

Hell, Trump cannot find a competent lawyer because no one will represent him without an advance paid retainer. Chris Kise is now the only one with real chops, and he got $3 million down to represent Trump. Trump held out paying someone with experience, but no one with experience would get near him because he's lied so much, including about whether he'll pay his legal bills.

Last edited:
Back to my theory-- maybe you can see the point; the main thing that can hold the R's back is allegiance to batshit Trump.

However, I understand the problem for the R's; the Republican primary is a small cross-section of the country but largely way more favorable to Trump, so to get his endorsement they have to find a candidate to kiss the ring and be ready, willing, and naïve enough to believe or parrot his batshit crazy stuff.

McConnell is right; the only thing holding the Republicans back is "candidate quality." And in case you're wondering, "candidate quality" is a thinly veiled way of him saying, "too may crazy-ass Trump sycophants won primaries."

Hell, Trump cannot find a competent lawyer because no one will represent him without an advance paid retainer. Chris Kise is now the only one with real chops, and he got $3 million down to represent Trump. Trump held out paying someone with experience, but no one with experience would get near him because he's lied so much, including about whether he'll pay his legal bills.
Since you mentioned him, I wish McConnell would get the boot. He is a worthless pos in my mind.

McConnell is right; the only thing holding the Republicans back is "candidate quality." And in case you're wondering, "candidate quality" is a thinly veiled way of him saying, "too many crazy-ass Trump sycophants won primaries."

I can see your point, but do not agree with it.

McConnell is a swamp creature who says many dumb things. I wish the repubs would get rid of him.

McConnell is a swamp creature who says many dumb things. I wish the repubs would get rid of him.
Too many people throw away "he knows what the f he's doing" at the mere mention of "insider."

He should have shanked Trump when he had a chance after 1/6.

Reps would be absolutely killing it right now if they didn’t have the Trump craziness dragging them down.
Trump loved him until the election. Both Mitch and his wife turned on him after January 6 and predictably Trump went off on them.

Trump has apparently seen an opening to "off" DeSantis.

He sent Jared Kushner on to Fox News to talk about how DeSantis' migrant flight to Massachusetts is "very troubling." Jared doesn't go on Fox News anymore. That's no accident.

Probably the first salvo in Trump's war on a legitimate GOP conservative's ascension.

He sent Jared Kushner on to Fox News to talk about how DeSantis' migrant flight to Massachusetts is "very troubling." Jared doesn't go on Fox News anymore. That's no accident.

Probably the first salvo in Trump's war on a legitimate GOP conservative's ascension.
Definitely seems like a showdown between those 2 is coming at some point.

Could you imagine a debate between those 2? They could probably put it on PPV.

I’m guessing it never happens and DeSantis waits to see if Trump actually runs or not 24.

Some him on Gutfield last night too which I thought was odd. He was promoting his book. Very tacky if Trump sent Jared. Trump only wished he could have done something similar. I could just hear Trump saying how he single handily saved Florida from illegals

Definitely seems like a showdown between those 2 is coming at some point.

Could you imagine a debate between those 2? They could probably put it on PPV.

I’m guessing it never happens and DeSantis waits to see if Trump actually runs or not 24.
Or maybe Trump makes him his VP giving him the Presidency in 28

Too many people throw away "he knows what the f he's doing" at the mere mention of "insider."
I don't doubt he knows what he is doing, but what he is doing is protecting his place and the other swamp creatures in the DC establishment. He is good at it, which is how he crawled to the top.

You see, this what exactly I’m talking about the members of Chumptown. From a Republican standpoint McConnell has done everything and more that was ask of him. He blocked Obama from nominating a SCOTUS. He assisted Chump to nominate his SCOTUS picks. He led the charge in the senate to not vote for any of the Biden/democrat bills. He kept Chump from being convicted by the senate after impeachment. Yet, the Chumpers don’t like him. Or any other republicans that don’t fall into that 2020 stolen election BS.

Last edited:
You might be correct but at same time would blunt any momentum if Trump picked a good VP like N Haley for example
Chump is going to make sure his VP pick is a ring kisser. A serious 2020 election denier. It won’t be any well meaning Republican, that’s for sure. That will be the first question he will ask during the VP vetting process. The same for any cabinet selection also. He learn led the hard way the first time around.

Well meaning Republicans aren’t going to be willing to be part of that train wreck anyhow.

Reactions: Bill4411
You see, this what exactly I’m talking about the members of Chumptown. From a Republican standpoint McConnell has done everything and more that was ask of him. He blocked Obama from nominating a SCOTUS. He assisted Chump to nominate his SCOTUS picks. He led the charge in the senate to not vote for any of the Biden/democrat bills. He kept Chimp from being convicted by the senate after impeachment. Yet, the Chumpers don’t like him. Or any other republicans that don’t fall into that 2020 stolen election BS.
You're even more confused than puf.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Chump is going to make sure his VP pick is a ring kisser. A serious 2020 election denier. It won’t be any well meaning Republican, that’s for sure. That will be the first question he will ask during the VP vetting process. The same for any cabinet selection also. He learn led the hard way the first time around.
You see, this what exactly I’m talking about the members of Chumptown. From a Republican standpoint McConnell has done everything and more that was ask of him. He blocked Obama from nominating a SCOTUS. He assisted Chump to nominate his SCOTUS picks. He led the charge in the senate to not vote for any of the Biden/democrat bills. He kept Chump from being convicted by the senate after impeachment. Yet, the Chumpers don’t like him. Or any other republicans that don’t fall into that 2020 stolen election BS.

Well meaning Republicans aren’t going to be willing to be part of that train wreck anyhow.
The chumptown mayor sings his song all the do da day

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT