ADVERTISEMENT

Thought from Detroit...

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
I was in Lake Orion Michigan for Easter with family. Decided early Sunday morning to attend the Purdue game with brothers and spouses. Wow, glad I did as I've not been to a NCAA tournament game before.

OBSERVATIONS
  • Purdue outnumbered UT fans 10:1.
  • LCA holds 20K and 65%-75% Purdue fans present, it really was Mackey North.
  • Purdue fans were easily louder and drowned out UT's band and cheering section.
  • Purdue vs. UT cheerleader head to head challenge during a break had Purdue winning...a sign of greater things to come.
  • Little Ceasars Arena (LCA) not a bad place for a game, similar to Indy's Gainbridge fieldhouse.
  • Could not be happier for CMP and former players and coaches.
  • Jumbotron showed Jaden Ivey in a suite at the game and the Purdue crowd went nuts cheering.
  • Recognizing and honoring Gene Keady post-game was special.
  • Someone said Rick Mount was there in Purdue-Hawaii themed shirts.
  • UT has some fine looking individuals.
  • Going to a game takes WAY MORE energy than watching from home, I think man hands are bruised from clapping and high-fiving people.
  • Nothing builds community faster than a win, people were hugging and high-fivi g strangers, "Boiler Up" could be heard as expressions of greetings/departures.
  • Lack of replays made it hard to determine fouls or not--but man did it look like Loyer and Edey were hacked on every trip to the rim.
  • Post-games tears amoung the coaches, players, and folks like Robbie Humnel made it real.
  • All SWA flights from IND to Arizona were sold out as of 10p last night.
  • Neat experience with family on Easter day, a day so uniquely special for Believers and non-believers alike.
Overall, a blessed experience that I would not trade for anything, I just wish my couch could have been there to see this one, like it has so many times before.

Boiler Up.

Nice. Watched at home, yes they were fouled. TN fouls so much it's like they know refs can't or won't call them all.

Normally, our 20% 3 pt shooting would have ended our run. But our Superman 2 time NPOTY had his best game of his career & saved the day. Hope the guards are on fire from here on out.

Love the game report. Thanks.

Reactions: BoilerJS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT