ADVERTISEMENT

I thought Herschel Walker was a valedictorian.

I think it is safe to say that there is no way on God’s green earth that Donald Trump would ever consider Ron DeSantis as a running mate.

Ring kisser? At least not a rising star with a big personality of his own.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
You seem to be agreeing with me that the Trump policies you listed were in the best interests of our nation.

Then why did you dislike them?
Trump was horrible on any issues having to do with the environment
Ok, thanks.

Hard to believe those polls, and hard to have faith in the US public if people would actually prefer Biden over anybody.

The NBC-Weinstein poll states "63% of voters who believe that their income is falling behind the cost of living, as well as 58% who disapprove of Biden’s handling of the economy."

If correct, that indicates a probable drubbing coming for the dems, in my view.
Preferring Biden over Trump was tested in the last election. When Nixon and Agnew’s dishonesty and disloyalty were clearly shown the Republicans HAD to come up with a person who was solid on loyalty and honesty. No one would argue that Gerald Ford was the sharpest knife in the drawer but his integrity was never questioned and THAT was the point. It is the same with Biden - no one is arguing that he is the brightest, most athletic, etc but he could and did beat Trump and THAT is the point.

Reactions: Bill4411

Preferring Biden over Trump was tested in the last election. When Nixon and Agnew’s dishonesty and disloyalty were clearly shown the Republicans HAD to come up with a person who was solid on loyalty and honesty. No one would argue that Gerald Ford was the sharpest knife in the drawer but his integrity was never questioned and THAT was the point. It is the same with Biden - no one is arguing that he is the brightest, most athletic, etc but he could and did beat Trump and THAT is the point.
What? You think Biden's integrity has never been questioned??

He beat Trump because the FBI sat on Hunter's laptop and Joe, with many other DC lifers, lied about it while a corrupt press looked on and did nothing.

You seem to be agreeing with me that the Trump policies you listed were in the best interests of our nation.

Then why did you dislike them?
Ok, thanks.

Hard to believe those polls, and hard to have faith in the US public if people would actually prefer Biden over anybody.

The NBC-Weinstein poll states "63% of voters who believe that their income is falling behind the cost of living, as well as 58% who disapprove of Biden’s handling of the economy."

If correct, that indicates a probable drubbing coming for the dems, in my view.
Preferring Biden over Trump was tested in the last election. When Nixon and Agnew’s dishonesty and disloyalty were clearly shown the Republicans HAD to come up with a person who was solid on loyalty and honesty. No one is arguing that Ford was the sharpest knife in the drawer but he WAS honest and loyal to our country. No one is arguing that Biden is the most intelligent, athletic, etc presidential candidate but he could -and did - beat Trump and that is what the Democrats had to have.

Last edited:

He beat Trump because the FBI sat on Hunter's laptop and Joe, with many other DC lifers, lied about it while a corrupt press looked on and did nothing.
What are you on about? I am trying to explain why the Democrats HAD to choose a person like Biden by using an analogy with the Republicans having to choose a person like Ford. It is not about Biden having or not having any trait; it is about a person who had the qualities that the one(s) being replaced did not have and could, therefore, win.

What are you on about? I am trying to explain why the Democrats HAD to choose a person like Biden by using an analogy with the Republicans having to choose a person like Ford. It is not about Biden having or not having any trait; it is about a person who had the qualities that the one(s) being replaced did not have and could, therefore, win.
As I recall, the main quality Biden had was that he was not Bernie, which is why the party hacks got together and decided on Joe despite his obvious mental decline (remember the debate when he said parents should leave the record player on at night?)

Chump lost when he got unhinged in that last debate with Biden. I think he actually sick with COVID then also.

As I recall, the main quality Biden had was that he was not Bernie, which is why the party hacks got together and decided on Joe despite his obvious mental decline (remember the debate when he said parents should leave the record player on at night?)
You could be right as he certainly was not Bernie but I think he was chosen because poll after poll showed he could beat Trump. He was liked by major voting groups - women, independents, et al. But overall he could - and did - beat Trump.

the overwhelming majority of Americans with a college degree think that Biden is past his prime, but that Biden is a far better choice than Trump, who is thought of as the worst, most dangerous President in the nation's history.
This is the point that some here can’t seem to grasp: a lot of smart people looked at Biden and saw an utterly flawed candidate who had no business being President… and they still thought that was better than four more years of Trump.

The damage Trump was and is doing to the country goes beyond policies. I wish I could get more people to understand that, but I believe as you said in the Knight post, many people who voted for it just don’t want to see it, or they are too immersed in the 24-hr-news cycle to be able to think for themselves any longer.

People on here even laughed at Biden for sitting in his basement during the campaign. And they were right! It was amazing to see how little he did.

And yet he won the election and it wasn’t all that close.

This is the point that some here can’t seem to grasp: a lot of smart people looked at Biden and saw an utterly flawed candidate who had no business being President… and they still thought that was better than four more years of Trump.

The damage Trump was and is doing to the country goes beyond policies. I wish I could get more people to understand that, but I believe as you said in the Knight post, many people who voted for it just don’t want to see it, or they are too immersed in the 24-hr-news cycle to be able to think for themselves any longer.
Law enforcement sees it.

And federal judges see it:
The Special Master that Trump requested by name sees it.
The federal appellate court with two of three Trump appointees that unanimously ruled today that the FBI can continue unfettered while the Special Master works sees it.
And a substantial majority of the American people see it.

People on here even laughed at Biden for sitting in his basement during the campaign. And they were right! It was amazing to see how little he did.

And yet he won the election and it wasn’t all that close.
If I remember correctly, Biden won by the exact same electoral college victory that Trump called (checks for exact quote from Trump):

"… a massive landslide victory, as you know, in the Electoral College. I guess the final numbers are now at 306.”

Law enforcement sees it.

The federal appellate court with two of three Trump appointees that unanimously ruled today that the FBI can continue unfettered while the Special Master works sees it.
I guess we just write off the 30% of the country that believes everything he says and declares anything that paints him in a negative light as fake news.

What’s amazing is you can see from the outside that Putin plays from the same sheet of authoritarian music, yet when Trump does it it’s “mean tweets”, whereas Putin is essentially a criminal as far as everyone in the international community is concerned.

At some point, you’d hope these groups would look around and recognize that it’s not “everyone is out to get Trump.” It’s that Trump repeatedly does things that deserve to be gotten.

If I remember correctly, Biden won by the exact same electoral college victory that Trump called (checks for exact quote from Trump):

"… a massive landslide victory, as you know, in the Electoral College. I guess the final numbers are now at 306.”
Trump was the first Republican to garner more than 300 electoral votes since 1988. But then he turned around and lost by the same margin while never winning a popular vote.

Republicans would have to be massive idiots to run him again.

So here’s my question, Riveting- style, for those who think Trump is not the problem:

If the Dems, and with them Dem policies, beat up on Trump-endorsed candidates this fall and therein hold on to the Senate, was Trump STILL worth standing behind? Or is that also law enforcement’s “fault.”

Trump last night, again disparaging law enforcement:

“The problem that you have is they go into rooms – they won’t let anybody near – they wouldn’t even let them in the same building,' he said of his own attorneys.

'Did they drop anything on those piles? Or did they do it later? There’s no chain of custody here with them,' Trump said.

'Wouldn’t that be on videotape, potentially?' Hannity asked him. Trump told him that the FBI asked him to turn off security cameras during the search but that they were kept running.

'No, I don’t think so. I mean, they were in a room,' Trump said, brushing off the idea.”

Trump’s choice for Special Master, today:
—you have eight days to show proof of planted evidence or inaccurate inventories or chains of custody—

“The problem that you have is they go into rooms – they won’t let anybody near – they wouldn’t even let them in the same building,' he said of his own attorneys.

'Did they drop anything on those piles? Or did they do it later? There’s no chain of custody here with them,' Trump said.

'Wouldn’t that be on videotape, potentially?' Hannity asked him. Trump told him that the FBI asked him to turn off security cameras during the search but that they were kept running.

'No, I don’t think so. I mean, they were in a room,' Trump said, brushing off the idea.”

—you have eight days to show proof of planted evidence or inaccurate inventories or chains of custody—
Trump only has a few arrows in his quiver: deflection, distraction, false claims that no one holds him to, and delay.

As I mentioned elsewhere, he has tried to delay and distract with the DOJ through all this stuff, but DOJ doesn’t care. They aren’t going anywhere and they have deeper pockets than Trump does. They will methodically let all this stuff play out and while it’ll take time, Trump is well and truly ****ed here because his weapons don’t matter in this fight.

Trump only has a few arrows in his quiver: deflection, distraction, false claims that no one holds him to, and delay.

As I mentioned elsewhere, he has tried to delay and distract with the DOJ through all this stuff, but DOJ doesn’t care. They aren’t going anywhere and they have deeper pockets than Trump does. They will methodically let all this stuff play out and while it’ll take time, Trump is well and truly ****ed here because his weapons don’t matter in this fight.
The issue, of course, is that he’s still the front runner of the Republican Party. They can’t and won’t quit him. He was trotted out last night, said he could declassify whatever just by thinking about it, wasn’t challenged at all on that, and people lap it up. And the same stupid people that lap it up will vote for him.

Unless he’s indicted, he’s going to run. I mean he should be launched into the sun but because the Republican Party of today is nothing but a bunch of Trump toadies, no one is going to stop him unless charges are brought against him. And his ego is just too big to let it go.

What’s kind of funny now is that the Special Master won’t be involved with the documents that are marked as classified is that now Trump has to pay for the SM and it probably won’t slow down the DOJ hardly at all on any potentially serious charges as those would almost certainly be related to the classified stuff.

I know Trump isn’t actually paying for it (poor sap donors are), but it’s still pretty funny.

The issue, of course, is that he’s still the front runner of the Republican Party. They can’t and won’t quit him. He was trotted out last night, said he could declassify whatever just by thinking about it, wasn’t challenged at all on that, and people lap it up. And the same stupid people that lap it up will vote for him.

Unless he’s indicted, he’s going to run. I mean he should be launched into the sun but because the Republican Party of today is nothing but a bunch of Trump toadies, no one is going to stop him unless charges are brought against him. And his ego is just too big to let it go.
To be fair, I have read that Hannity pushed him about video evidence of planting things, and of course Trump just hand-waved it away. The thing about him is, he doesn’t consider it lying if no one proves otherwise. He is pathological. The man has no moral character and no business being President of anything.

I think it is safe to say that there is no way on God’s green earth that Donald Trump would ever consider Ron DeSantis as a running mate.

Ring kisser? At least not a rising star with a big personality of his own.
It trump wins in ‘24 he’s going for a repeal of the 22nd amendment. His narcissism would allow nothing less.
He does not want a strong VP with a mind of his/her own. He’ll get a lackey.
DeSantis does not have near the charisma or personal appeal that trump does. The word is he’s not very friendly behind the scenes and difficult to work with. But his political instincts are well honed and he’s infinitely smarter than trump.

To be fair, I have read that Hannity pushed him about video evidence of planting things, and of course Trump just hand-waved it away. The thing about him is, he doesn’t consider it lying if no one proves otherwise. He is pathological. The man has no moral character and no business being President of anything.
Even so, they still happily bring him on. I assume because their audience is, indeed, that stupid and it’s good for ratings.

giphy.gif

Even so, they still happily bring him on. I assume because their audience is, indeed, that stupid and it’s good for ratings. Trump last night, again disparaging law enforcement:

Give Trump credit for learning a new phrase

Give Trump credit for learning a new phrase (“chain of custody”) which he will now use at every speech. Not sure he really understands what it means but that will not pose a problem for him at all.

Law enforcement sees it.

Sees what?

What they see and hear repeatedly from the corrupt msm?

Do you see that the msm is corrupt?

Sees what?

What they see and hear repeatedly from the corrupt msm?

Do you see that the msm is corrupt?
This post is beneath you in my opinion.

Your answer to judicial rulings that you do not like and verified public opinion that a few days ago you agreed were legit and "news to you" is to blame it on the "msm." That stands for "main stream media."
  1. Nothing to say about the judicial rulings, eh? Repeated rulings by Trump appointed judges. That was the primary point of my post and you know it.
  2. The most watched network in the USA is Fox News. That's your main stream media.

This post is beneath you in my opinion.

Your answer to judicial rulings that you do not like and verified public opinion that a few days ago you agreed were legit and "news to you" is to blame it on the "msm." That stands for "main stream media."
  1. Nothing to say about the judicial rulings, eh? Repeated rulings by Trump appointed judges. That was the primary point of my post and you know it.
  2. The most watched network in the USA is Fox News. That's your main stream media.
Sorry, when I said 'they' I was referring to your statement that a 'substantial majority' of Americans see it (whatever it is).

Without looking at the data, I am certain that vastly more people get their news from sources other than Fox, so your second sentence in item 2 is blatantly false and misleading.

Sorry, when I said 'they' I was referring to your statement that a 'substantial majority' of Americans see it (whatever it is).

Without looking at the data, I am certain that vastly more people get their news from sources other than Fox, so your second sentence in item 2 is blatantly false and misleading.
I completely agree that more people, in aggregate, watch their local podunk news station than fox.

However, among national news networks, Fox dominates the ratings competition. The most watched by far national news network? That’s as mainstream as it gets.

Last edited:
I completely agree that more people, in aggregate, watch their local podunk news station than fox.

However, among national news networks, Fox dominates the ratings competition. The most watched by far national news network? That’s as mainstream as it gets.
You are saying that national nbc + cbs + abc + msnbc + cnn + npr + google + etc is less than Fox?

That cannot possibly be true, so try as you might, your statement is still greatly misleading to people like Beth who want to believe it. You should do the right thing and correct it for her and others.

You are saying that national nbc + cbs + abc + msnbc + cnn + npr + google + etc is less than Fox?

That cannot possibly be true, so try as you might, your statement is still greatly misleading to people like Beth who want to believe it. You should do the right thing and correct it for her and others.
Fair! I guess it depends how you frame the issue.

Google is a search engine, so to me that's not really an apples to apples.

If we're including the tv networks you listed as "left," (and yes, they all lean way farther left than Fox) are we also including Newsmax and OAN? Even among those there are degrees of lean and prominence. And what do we do about websites? Drudge leans way right and has a very big outreach, but hates hates HATES Trump (hates all Bidens and Hillary too, routinely nails Stacey Abrams and other left idiots, but hates Trump the most). I'd say that's a mainstream very conservative, anti-Trump news source. And even with small town local news stations, a lot of them get their national stuff from Sinclair, so that's a whole lot of lean right outposts.

So I will leave it factual; the single biggest mainstream television news network is FoxNews and they are as mainstream as it gets, but in the mainstream universe there is an array of political persuasions and degrees of 'lean'.

Fair! I guess it depends how you frame the issue.

Google is a search engine, so to me that's not really an apples to apples.

If we're including the tv networks you listed as "left," (and yes, they all lean way farther left than Fox) are we also including Newsmax and OAN? Even among those there are degrees of lean and prominence. And what do we do about websites? Drudge leans way right and has a very big outreach, but hates hates HATES Trump (hates all Bidens and Hillary too, routinely nails Stacey Abrams and other left idiots, but hates Trump the most). I'd say that's a mainstream very conservative, anti-Trump news source. And even with small town local news stations, a lot of them get their national stuff from Sinclair, so that's a whole lot of lean right outposts.

So I will leave it factual; the single biggest mainstream television news network is FoxNews and they are as mainstream as it gets, but in the mainstream universe there is an array of political persuasions and degrees of 'lean'.
Yes, you were framing the issue to deceive naïve people like Beth who want to believe what you said without questioning it.

I was thinking of Google News and the like.

Btw, the poduck abc, nbc, and cbs affiliates in my small town always run a few segments on their local newscasts from their big brothers in NY - that is, from the regime network news networks: NBC-Weinstein, ABC-Epstein, CBS-Stahl.

Yes, you were framing the issue to deceive naïve people like Beth who want to believe what you said without questioning it.

Btw, the poduck abc, nbc, and cbs affiliates in my small town always run a few segments on their local newscasts from their big brothers in NY - that is, from the regime network news networks: NBC-Weinstein, ABC-Epstein, CBS-Stahl.

It's "podunk," not "poduck."

Po-duck is a Sczechuan roasted poultry dish. Delicious, but off-topic.

• Haha
It's "podunk," not "poduck."

Po-duck is a Sczechuan roasted poultry dish. Delicious, but off-topic.
Makes one feel bad for those po ducks.

Speaking of which, reminds me that you (and others) have been ducking my questions about the FBI. You might find this account of a true friend and hero to this nation of interest. I have heard there are several more agents giving up their careers to do likewise.

Btw, the poduck abc, nbc, and cbs affiliates in my small town always run a few segments on their local newscasts from their big brothers in NY - that is, from the regime network news networks: NBC-Weinstein, ABC-Epstein, CBS-Station.
Naive I may be but I know how to use the word podunk AND the difference between poduck and podunk.

Interestingly this thread wouldn't even exist if not for the Chinese poisoning the world with a pandemic.

Makes one feel bad for those po ducks.

Speaking of which, reminds me that you (and others) have been ducking my questions about the FBI. You might find this account of a true friend and hero to this nation of interest. I have heard there are several more agents giving up their careers to do likewise.

Okay - you linked an opinion piece by some guy named Ben Weingarten. I'm not sure what Ben's law enforcement background is - didn't look it up. But I'm going to guess it's either minimal, none, or he was fired for misconduct.

When the FBI gets information, and then it's found to be bullshit, that informant gets dropped and potentially prosecuted. That's exactly what happened to this Bureau source.

Have you ever operated an informant? You should read about it! They are dangerous as hell, even when vetted. (see Bulger, Whitey). Not trying to be snide, but to disparage the FBI because a law enforcement informant lied to them and was prosecuted for it is like banning water because someone drowned.

There are a ton of controls with informants, but there is another option-- to ban confidential informants. That's a very lengthy, complex discussion that I'm thinking you are not in a position to comment on with any knowledge or expertise.

BTW, you just said I "ducked" your questions about law enforcement misconduct. I already challenged you, and we had an (exhausting) convo in which I challenged you to come up with systemic corruption in FBI senior management (because that's what you alleged exists. You had ... nothing, and lord knows you tried.

Today you added (re-reads your link)

• Two non-management agents, one of whom was fired for Jan 6th rally, who are upset about? Either too many or not enough metrics for opening domestic terrorism cases.
  • An opinion piece blaming the FBI because an informant lied to them and got prosecuted.
Do you hate all law enforcement or just the FBI? There are so many better examples of senior mis-conduct by executives in law enforcement.

Last edited:
Reactions: BuilderBob6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT