ADVERTISEMENT

I love the NBA draft drama

Was not impressed with romeo in college, will be interesting to see how his game translates to the nba. On the other hand carsen was a very impressive college player, but doesn't have the typical measurables for his position. At this point I think they're both unknowns as to whether they'll succeed in the nba.

So you've now called the kid "Lazy" and "stupid". Maybe sit the next few threads out to clear your head. Very low class on your part.
If I remember correctly, IU fans had no problem calling AJ lazy and stupid. What goes around, comes around.

Dang did Romeo steal all of your girlfriends or what. You all are a bitter bunch. I am a Celtics fan and I am happy they got both Romeo and Carsen. I think it will be fun. All of you putting down 18-19 year old kids need to evaluate yourselves.

Romeo is not simply a18-19 year old kid... He is very entitled young man who had no passion for basketball what so ever this past year at IU. I watched many of his games not just Purdue's games with IU. When a player is sitting on the bench paying zero attention to his team on the floor during a game it speaks loudly about what kind of teammate you are. When you watch a player that simply stands in the corner and waits till eventually someone throws the ball to you that tells me something as well about that player. And when immediately post game, a player runs up the bleachers to his parents instead of going to the locker room with his teammates and THEN going to see his family, that also speaks volumes. I actually liked watching Morgan play but Romeo drove me nuts watching his apparent lack of interest as a team player. You may not like how I have formed my opinions about Romeo but trust me it is very definitely based on basketball. And there are many folks on the IU Board who questions his committment to their team at all
He's 19 years old.

You don't get a D1 scholarship being lazy. You don't get drafted in the lottery being lazy. No one drafted last night is lazy. They all worked their asses off to get where they are.

Your comments are out of line and ignorant. Take shots at coaches all day, but leave personal shots at players out of it. I'm not sure why I expected better from you.

Well not sure I can agree with you. As you yourself pointed out, Romeo is now a professional NBA "employee" making millions of dollars. He chose to end his college days and put himself out there as a professional so don't really see how he deserves any special treatment. You can't have it both ways...Either he is a kid, victimized by the masses who should have stayed at IU, or he's a professional who needs to put on his Big Boy support garment and learn to take NBA fans' criticisms like a man. It will be interesting to see how he does without handlers to protect him from mean old people saying critical things about his "job" on the Court. I'm betting those experienced NBA players won't cut the "kid" any slack and I know the Boston fans won't. Just check out the Celtic's Fan Forum....They are already complaining loudly about the Langford pick.
Carsen will face the same Rookie treatment but the difference is he's anything but the primary donna Langford is perceived to be. Carsen will quickly earn respect from the League by working his butt off. (For what its worth and in contrast, Boston's fan base already loves the Edwards pick) Langford is going to have to learn to work to earn people's respect just like anyone else and realize its not an entitlement from H.S.
As for calling me ignorant for disagreeing with you on our opinions about Langford, I stated nothing about Romeo's time at IU that was not specific nor has not been documented by sports media photos. I will somehow survive your criticism without it crushing my ego...So peace.

P. S.
By the way, you do realize Carsen's going to leave Romeo in the dust, right?:cool:

Reactions: Purdue85
LOL. There’s a difference between playing hurt and being injured. Playing on a bum ankle is playing hurt, having ligament damage in your hand that requires surgery is an injury. What’s your angle here? Romeo is soft because he struggled shooting through ligament damage? Yeah what a pussy.
World Cup Games?

Romeo is not simply a18-19 year old kid... He is very entitled young man who had no passion for basketball what so ever this past year at IU. I watched many of his games not just Purdue's games with IU. When a player is sitting on the bench paying zero attention to his team on the floor during a game it speaks loudly about what kind of teammate you are. When you watch a player that simply stands in the corner and waits till eventually someone throws the ball to you that tells me something as well about that player. And when immediately post game, a player runs up the bleachers to his parents instead of going to the locker room with his teammates and THEN going to see his family, that also speaks volumes. I actually liked watching Morgan play but Romeo drove me nuts watching his apparent lack of interest as a team player. You may not like how I have formed my opinions about Romeo but trust me it is very definitely based on basketball. And there are many folks on the IU Board who questions his committment to their team at all

Well not sure I can agree with you. As you yourself pointed out, Romeo is now a professional NBA "employee" making millions of dollars. He chose to end his college days and put himself out there as a professional so don't really see how he deserves any special treatment. You can't have it both ways...Either he is a kid, victimized by the masses who should have stayed at IU, or he's a professional who needs to put on his Big Boy support garment and learn to take NBA fans' criticisms like a man. It will be interesting to see how he does without handlers to protect him from mean old people saying critical things about his "job" on the Court. I'm betting those experienced NBA players won't cut the "kid" any slack and I know the Boston fans won't. Just check out the Celtic's Fan Forum....They are already complaining loudly about the Langford pick.
Carsen will face the same Rookie treatment but the difference is he's anything but the primary donna Langford is perceived to be. Carsen will quickly earn respect from the League by working his butt off. (For what its worth and in contrast, Boston's fan base already loves the Edwards pick) Langford is going to have to learn to work to earn people's respect just like anyone else and realize its not an entitlement from H.S.
As for calling me ignorant for disagreeing with you on our opinions about Langford, I stated nothing about Romeo's time at IU that was not specific nor has not been documented by sports media photos. I will somehow survive your criticism without it crushing my ego...So peace.

P. S.
By the way, you do realize Carsen's going to leave Romeo in the dust, right?:cool:
I never called you ignorant unless you are the 2nd ID for TD? Now that you mention it, you and TD have very similar posting styles. Very curious....

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT