ADVERTISEMENT

How to Watch & Game Thread: #17 Indiana Hoosiers at #5 Purdue Boilermakers

I think this game should cement the awful shooting from this team. We don’t have a single consistent outside shooter. It’s not good.
The two freshmen will be fine. They're freshmen and Purdue has them for 3 more years. Guarantee both with be 40%+ 3pt shooters with ease. Loyer could be a 15ppg guy.

Disappointing performance vs rival with the opportunity to wrap up at least a share of BIG title. As somebody else said the great record early in the season is now looking like fools gold. Not the way to finish regular season heading into tournament. Defense and outside shooting are soft, weak, and being exposed.

Unwillingness to try anything different on defense is so frustrating. Our high screen defense with that drop coverage wasn't working. I think after Hood hit his 5th mid range jumper should have been enough. At least try going under once in a while. Normally you want to give the mid range shot, but it was obvious he wasn't missing them tonight. No plan B other than just putting Newman on him instead of Morton. That isn't having a secondary plan. I won't go where I would like to go with this, but at least try a different MTM approach.

Disappointing performance vs rival with the opportunity to wrap up at least a share of BIG title. As somebody else said the great record early in the season is now looking like fools gold. Not the way to finish regular season heading into tournament. Defense and outside shooting are soft, weak, and being exposed.
I've been saying for awhile screw that double team D and play straight up D. I'm tired of opposing teams having wide open 3 's to hit

Unwillingness to try anything different on defense is so frustrating. Our high screen defense with that drop coverage wasn't working. I think after Hood hit his 5th mid range jumper should have been enough. At least try going under once in a while. Normally you want to give the mid range shot, but it was obvious he wasn't missing them tonight. No plan B other than just putting Newman on him instead of Morton. That isn't having a secondary plan. I won't go where I would like to go with this, but at least try a different MTM approach.
our D was bad, FT shooting was bad, their role players played better than ours, and they play better D

If you can NOT guard your own player...then you should NOT be on the floor. It, as pointed out, creates wide open looks...and good teams will make you pay.

This is the crap that is ridiculous, any other player it's an automatic foul 🙄
Can't rely on TJD staying quiet. Need to turn it up against JHS and change up the defensive looks frequently
we don’t change defensive looks. Not Painter’s system.
The 2 hands on Edey has to be called. Painter gonna call it to refs attention everytime in 2nd half now that Purdue's offense will be right in front of him.
Painter too meek. Woodson out working him.

Reactions: seminolesboilers
This is the crap that is ridiculous, any other player it's an automatic foul 🙄

we don’t change defensive looks. Not Painter’s system.

Painter too meek. Woodson out working him.
That is the most incorrect statement ever made on here, Woody is not outworking Matt. Not even close. Woody takes 2 naps a day and barely hits the court at practice time.

Why the regular season no longer matters. We benefited from an unbalanced schedule. Play some teams with elite guard and we are exposed. It’s a guards game now and ours aren’t elite.
Big 10 Regular Season Championships matter! Next to Final 4, there is not a better accomplishment.

Purdue got beat, calls went Purdue’s way, when you can’t hit wide open shots you lose. I’ll say this, out of any game this year, this was the worst when it came to in and out shots, ball didn’t bounce the Boilers way. Scafino is a pro, kudos to him.

Purdue got beat, calls went Purdue’s way, when you can’t hit wide open shots you lose. I’ll say this, out of any game this year, this was the worst when it came to in and out shots, ball didn’t bounce the Boilers way. Scafino is a pro, kudos to him.
guess you may have typed on a phone as well. so his name is scafino?

Reactions: indyogb
guess you may have typed on a phone as well. so his name is scafino?
That poor dude's name has been butchered quite a bit here in the last 24 hours (I assume with a healthy assist from autocorrect and people on cell phones). :D

That poor dude's name has been butchered quite a bit here in the last 24 hours (I assume with a healthy assist from autocorrect and people on cell phones). :D
I don't know his name actually ...same with the other freshman. It has never been an interest knowing his name just what he does on the court and what his game is. He is just a body that does certain things, but yes "auto correct and or voice text" can cause a lot of funny things that quite frequently provide interesting words...as are fat fingers (which I don't have) on small keys...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT