ADVERTISEMENT

How Many Days Has It Been Since iu Defeated Purdue in BB?

Good luck against Texas today. I was sitting right behind their bench last year when they came in and handed us a loss. They are big and very physical with lots of athletes. Play a very tight defense ans get lots of runout. Will be a tough task.
Plus they have Shaka!!!

Reactions: SIBoiler2
Little Archie ain’t beating us any time soon, and you know it. Still not enough size, and still not enough shooting.
Why? I mean its not like Purdue is winning the games easily....15+ points or something. The games have been extremely competitive...Purdue has been ranked in 4 of the past 7 meetings---all Purdue wins. Avg. margin of victory has been around 7ppg. Including a tip-in with 2 seconds left.

This rivalry has its runs... From 2000 thru 2008, Indiana won 12 of 15... Currently you guys have won 10 of 11.....Its not like one side having a dominant stretch has never happened..

This year? Who knows. Gotta hit shots...But hell, everyone does. Phin and Durham have hit 8/16 combined....With Durham not playing yesterday. Need another guy---Hunter possibly, to step up.

Anyways---looking forward to the games, as always...

Thank you
dwhitebash11

I want to remind IUfanBorden that the over all record between these two schools is 122 to 89 in favor of Purdue. Is that domination (rhetorical)? But the title of this thread is covering the number of days it has been since IU won over Purdue Men's Basketball. The total is 1752 as of today. And tomorrow, it will be 1753. And the day after, 1754.

Last edited:
Once again we must update the number of days since our Mighty Boilermakers have lost a men's basketball game to the team at IU. The total is now up to 1759. Our team is struggling a little bit now. Happens every year just after finals are over. The good news is they don't have the distraction of classes to slow them from fixing a lot of their problems. They can put in the extra workout or film session to better understand the Purdue approach to college basketball.

Reactions: Courthouse Carp
It is that time of year where tokens of appreciation are passed between family and friends. This season is related to the special one that is the son of our creator, and his time on earth has gone down in history as the most followed of any. One of his messages was to love each as our self. So here is my present for each of you. Today, it has been 1766 days for the "streak." And on Friday, your present is the number "1770."

Last edited:
It is that time of year where tokens of appreciation are passed between family and friends. This season is related to the special one that is the son of our creator, and his time on earth has gone down in history as the most followed of any. One of his messages was to love each as our self. So here is my present for each of you. Today, it has been 1766 days fore the "streak." And on Friday, your present is the number "1770."

That would make the following Thursday worthy of perhaps a particularly special recognition.

tenor.jpg

Last years games weren’t close. If painter didn’t feel so bad for iu, he could have been an ass like crean and drubbed them by thirty.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
Our Texas Purdue Grad has mentioned that this evening is worthy of a particularly special recognition. This is the evening and tomorrow is the day that we celebrate the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ. And along with that is a gift for all that come to the Purdue Basketball free board to seek information or discuss some of the happenings related to Purdue men's basketball. That gift is not from me, this time, and it is not a number. It is from the one we are celebrating. It is the gift of everlasting life for those that follow him, believe in him, perform his teachings and have never ending faith in him. This special recognition of his gift is a small part of what can be instore for us, and the number is uncountable.

Once again it is Monday morning and time for the update of days since the IU team won a basketball game against the Purdue Men's Basketball team. But I am in sort of a melancholy mood for reasons I don't care to discuss. Some people think this number is insignificant, but I believe it to be significant. So here it is and maybe next week (new year) will be more cheerful on my part. 1773, and I am thankful.

This is the first Monday of the New Year, 2021. Some things like this change over time as this new year is a rolling number. The other significant thing that is constantly changing and just rolls along. That is the number of days since the IU BB team won a game over the Purdue Men's Basketball team. That number is now 1780 and will continue to grow as time rolls on.

What are you considering the modern era?

You acting as if all Purdues wins were in the 1930’s and if you went back 5, 10, 20, 30 years that those splits would favor IU. Wrong.

you’d have to cherry-pick a pretty specific era for IU to be better than Purdue head-to-head.
That's cause Keady would have none of that shit!!

Once again it is Monday morning and time for the update of days since the IU team won a basketball game against the Purdue Men's Basketball team. But I am in sort of a melancholy mood for reasons I don't care to discuss. Some people think this number is insignificant, but I believe it to be significant. So here it is and maybe next week (new year) will be more cheerful on my part. 1773, and I am thankful.
The way PSU got homered down there late in the game (3 calls) makes it scary to go down there. TJD kicks the ball out of bounds, IU ball. The announcers disagreed with the call. The foul sending TJD to the line under 10 seconds, announcers disagreed. The no call on the last shot of regulation, clearly a foul.. Announcers said he got fouled.

It is now 1787 days since IU beat the Purdue Men's Basketball team in a game. And this week is the next game in the series that is lead by Purdue over that IU squad, 122 over 89. By game day the number of days of this streak will be 1789 days. One thing certain is that there will be a number of days on Friday for the same count. We don't know if it will be 1 or 1791. Let's hope it is the later and that the fans of each team can come together to recognize it is only a game. These are played for the enjoyment and entertainment of the student bodies of each team. The alumni of each school should then continue to show the respect of the contributions each school means to the State of Indiana. We should both take great pride in that as it is most important to our country.

It is now 1787 days since IU beat the Purdue Men's Basketball team in a game. And this week is the next game in the series that is lead by Purdue over that IU squad, 122 over 89. By game day the number of days of this streak will be 1789 days. One thing certain is that there will be a number of days on Friday for the same count. We don't know if it will be 1 or 1791. Let's hope it is the later and that the fans of each team can come together to recognize it is only a game. These are played for the enjoyment and entertainment of the student bodies of each team. The alumni of each school should then continue to show the respect of the contributions each school means to the State of Indiana. We should both take great pride in that as it is most important to our country.

As long as all of us don't have to join hands and sing "Kumbaya", I'm okay with this.

P_Our_State.jpg

And in the interest of equal-time:

#1791andCounting

Reactions: PU pit bull
As long as all of us don't have to join hands and sing "Kumbaya", I'm okay with this.

P_Our_State.jpg

And in the interest of equal-time:

#1791andCounting
7 in a row, 10 out of 11, and 15 out of 20. My Purdue freshman was in middle school the last time they beat us.

Here you go Boys. The number as of this minute is 1790. It will be 1791 tomorrow and growing as if there had been special fertilizer applied to this special type winter plant. As long as we continue to properly water and care for this plant, it will grow prosperously. And now it is time for our special friend Courthouse Carp to get the kids with the blanket to appear in current form.

When we play them next year, it will be somewhere around 2,150 days since candy stripers have defeated boilermakers!!!!!

5 straight in Bloomington! I haven't posted on here in forever but tonight's game got my blood flowing! Great win by the team! Great games by the guards tonight. Hunter was a great ball handler tonight. Ivey was relentless. AND Morton!! Best game as a Boiler! BTFU!! Woot woot!

Reactions: TX4GB and NG.q15
I suspect it will come down to $$$ ... and supporters with big pockets ... and whether Shaka is availabl.e
I'd be really surprised to see people stepping up with the $$$. Especially right now.

I know fans can be unreasonably unrealistic, but it's been 34 years since the end of the "glory days". The IU MBB program has turned into just another program. Think about that: THIRTY FOUR YEARS. If you were in college at that time, you're thinking about how to jam more $$$ in your 401k. Or, you're retired. The rest of the fan base sees IU as a school that has sucked at FB and struggled in basketball.

Yeah, yeah... I know... there are rich alums. We'll see, but I'm a skeptic.

Look at it this way... UCLA went on an unbelievable run with Purdue grad John Wooden leading the way, winning 10 NC's in 11 years. What have they been since then? One NC in '95, 20 years later. It's now been 25 years since that last NC. Now, they're just another Pac-12 program.

What's more, with all due respect to some of the posters on this forum, Shaka isn't the answer.

It seems to be a different day in college basketball. UK is finding that out. My sense is, most of the other programs will be seeing that, more and more.

I'd be really surprised to see people stepping up with the $$$. Especially right now.

I know fans can be unreasonably unrealistic, but it's been 34 years since the end of the "glory days". The IU MBB program has turned into just another program. Think about that: THIRTY FOUR YEARS. If you were in college at that time, you're thinking about how to jam more $$$ in your 401k. Or, you're retired. The rest of the fan base sees IU as a school that has sucked at FB and struggled in basketball.

Yeah, yeah... I know... there are rich alums. We'll see, but I'm a skeptic.

Look at it this way... UCLA went on an unbelievable run with Purdue grad John Wooden leading the way, winning 10 NC's in 11 years. What have they been since then? One NC in '95, 20 years later. It's now been 25 years since that last NC. Now, they're just another Pac-12 program.

What's more, with all due respect to some of the posters on this forum, Shaka isn't the answer.

It seems to be a different day in college basketball. UK is finding that out. My sense is, most of the other programs will be seeing that, more and more.
Excellent reply! ... although, UCLA may have somethng going this year ...

Reactions: Purdue85
Purdue is likely to win in the rematch in West Lafayette. If so, that means that the streak will exceed 2000 days. That is something to think about.

Here you go Boys. The number as of this minute is 1790. It will be 1791 tomorrow and growing as if there had been special fertilizer applied to this special type winter plant. As long as we continue to properly water and care for this plant, it will grow prosperously. And now it is time for our special friend Courthouse Carp to get the kids with the blanket to appear in current form.

Hey Inspector, fine work on this thread! Don't forget Boiler Gal here though, she's a big part of our team too!
James, Will & Jordyn are here with their updated sheet sign, thanks buddy!

IU_Loss_Day_1791.jpg

#OurState , #8straight

Hey Inspector, fine work on this thread! Don't forget Boiler Gal here though, she's a big part of our team too!
James, Will & Jordyn are here with their updated sheet sign, thanks buddy!

IU_Loss_Day_1791.jpg

#OurState , #8straight

Atta boy CC. Your the best. And my garage door is still working flawlessly. Boiler Gal hasn't posted a lot recently, but has been effective when doing so. Shout out to her as well.

Last edited:
I see this thread is growing a little and starting to sprout. We have our young friends with the blanket and talk of celebration spirits to spruce up the thread. And now, drum roll please, the announcement that is the heart and soul of this thread. It is 1794 days since the IU basketball team has won a game over our Purdue Men's Basketball team. Party on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT