ADVERTISEMENT

How Many Days Has It Been Since iu Defeated Purdue in BB?

ghostoffatjack

Sophomore
Jun 15, 2013
After I saw a similar Purdue Football pic listing how many days it has been since Ohio Sate defeated our Boilers in football I started to wonder!

Reactions: pb1941
After I saw a similar Purdue Football pic listing how many days it has been since Ohio Sate defeated our Boilers in football I started to wonder!

That's a good question... been wondering about that myself.
No_2_Clown_Pants_zpsaldellyf.jpg

What a coincidence!........ Its been approximately that long since an Indiana Mr. Basketball went to Purdue(Swanigan).....

Weird thing though............ the Hoosiers drought hasn't hurt their abiliity to bring home the state's best player(s). Is it IU? Or more a Purdue thing? Hmmmmm.....

Oh, and if it wasn't for Caleb...... man.......... we're talkin' Glenn Robinson. Some of you weren't even on the planet... let that one sink in....

McHoop

Reactions: Purdue85
Leal is a nice player, but he is not the best talent in Indiana. Ivey who went to the prep school up north is better. Most of the good talent forfiet the Mr Basketball by going to the prep school!
Mr Basketball has become a PR stunt.

What a coincidence!........ Its been approximately that long since an Indiana Mr. Basketball went to Purdue(Swanigan).....

Weird thing though............ the Hoosiers drought hasn't hurt their abiliity to bring home the state's best player(s). Is it IU? Or more a Purdue thing? Hmmmmm.....

Oh, and if it wasn't for Caleb...... man.......... we're talkin' Glenn Robinson. Some of you weren't even on the planet... let that one sink in....

McHoop
Purdue has proven they dont need a Mr Basketball to dominate the Hoosiers.

McHoop

Purdue landed the best in-state player in 2019 lol. Ivey>>>Leal.

McHoop

So you're saying you suck while recruiting better talent.

McHoop
Wow !! That could possibly be the worst comeback in the history of this Board !!! LOL big time

Really? Unequivocable FACTS. Do you need a link to the data? PUke is still PUke and the IU still is the place to be for the top tier talent in the state. No arguing that. Most people outside the conference can't even tell you where the hell Purdue is located.

Enjoy your recent dominance. I applaud your results. Facts are facts, right?

But every dog has it day. Cycle in/cycle out. It's happened before and it will happen again; with both teams enjoying the ride. You all know that as a truth as well.

So, just keep whistling past the graveyard on your Ivey > Leal nonsense and the absurd suggestion the title is a political one(Trump get involved?). I don't recall hearing that when Swanagan won it.

Here's an equation to leave you with ........

Kaufman > Furst

McHoop
It may or it may not be true that Kaufman > Furst. That is still to be determined. They also have different playing styles, even at the 4 position, so it makes it hard to do an apples to apples comparison between the 2 players. However, what you are not taking into your equation is that you assume that IU is a lock for Kaufman, since Furst committed to us. We are still a serious contender in getting both Kaufman and Furst.

Really? Unequivocable FACTS. Do you need a link to the data? PUke is still PUke and the IU still is the place to be for the top tier talent in the state. No arguing that. Most people outside the conference can't even tell you where the hell Purdue is located.

But every dog has it day. Cycle in/cycle out. It's happened before and it will happen again; with both teams enjoying the ride. You all know that as a truth as well.

So, just keep whistling past the graveyard on your Ivey > Leal nonsense and the absurd suggestion the title is a political one(Trump get involved?). I don't recall hearing that when Swanagan won it.

Kaufman > Furst

McHoop

you posted something really stupid, were exposed for it, then you weren't smart enough to stay away. No, you had to come back and display your stupidity again.

The most B1G titles, and sustained national success, isn't a case of "every dog has it (sic) day". It's not a "cycle". Your being here is ample evidence you know that's true. Otherwise, you wouldn't be obsessing.

You Loosiers are clinging to the past, as if it's suddenly going to become the future. It's not. Right now your future is Li'l Arch.

Knight made you clowns think you're relevant. Since that time, multiple generations (and multiple failed IU coaches) have graced God's green earth, and yet, you're here, on the Purdue forum, trying to talk smack... and failing miserably.

Kaufman > Furst

McHoop
Most IU fans on the Rivals page were upset when Nick Baumgart was let go a few days ago, and the insight he brought to the site (rightfully so). His opinion this time last year was that Ivey was the best player in the state, and there wasn’t a close 2nd from any other instate player.

He was also much higher on Furst than Kaufman in just about every phase of the game. That’s not to say that Kaufman doesn’t have long term potential to greatly improve or surpass Furst.

If there’s anyone whistling past anything, it’s fans like you whistling past reality and thinking what happened 30-40 years ago guarantees and entitles IU to win more championships. Keep deluding yourself, it’s good entertainment for people grounded in reality.

Kaufman > Furst

McHoop

I always laugh when I hear IU fans make the claim that “hey people don’t even know what state Purdue is located in” like that’s some sort of diss. Even if they don’t know what state we’re in, they know who Purdue is. What a weak trolling attempt.

As things stand right now, Furst>Kaufman.

Reactions: Inspector100
I will try to type slow enough so that even the looisers lurking can understand. Indiana Mr . Basketball is voted on by the iustar. It’s always been just another biased media stunt. Therefore any player that is committed too or considering the looisers will get more votes than anyone else. Journalists today currently have one of the most dismal approval ratings for being trustworthy in the nation. So congratulations on getting another Mr. Basketball. It will continue to make you feel better about your pathetic basketball program and Purdue will continue to dominate winning basketball games. Hope this helps. Now run along back to looiserton.

Reactions: Schnelk and rjmpu82
I will try to type slow enough so that even the looisers lurking can understand. Indiana Mr . Basketball is voted on by the iustar. It’s always been just another biased media stunt. Therefore any player that is committed too or considering the looisers will get more votes than anyone else. Journalists today currently have one of the most dismal approval ratings for being trustworthy in the nation. So congratulations on getting another Mr. Basketball. It will continue to make you feel better about your pathetic basketball program and Purdue will continue to dominate winning basketball games. Hope this helps. Now run along back to looiserton.

Lol.

Furst and Ivey are very likely to be excellent college players.

IU has Lander, Leal, and Galloway coming in this year, all in-State. All are also likely to be contributors. Lander was not eligible for Mr. Basketball because he is a re-class. Is he a high enough quality in-state player for y’all?

If Garza goes, the two best big men in the B1G will be playing in the state of Indiana.

IU is very likely to exceed their 20 wins from the concluded season, and Purdue is likely to exceed their 16 wins. Should be an excellent year!

Have a safe and happy Easter.

Kaufman > Furst

McHoop
giphy.gif

That's why they always have the best team in the country between end of April to the begining of December! Then reality begins.

It’s never about the actual games with IU fans.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/purdue/head-to-head.html

Or, you can discuss which team had a better year last year.

But there are always stats to cherry pick!
Last year’s head to head? Purdue
Last year’s better team? IU

WL all -time? Purdue
WL in the modern era and championships? IU

It’s a fun rivalry, with two schools that largely (with one exception my lifetime for each school) play by the rules and have largely in-state kids.

It’ll be awfully nice when they are the two fighting for B1G titles with each other. Both have had multiple B1G titles in the past decade, but neither have really been title contenders at the same time. I’m hoping that happens soon.

WL all -time? Purdue

It’s a fun rivalry, with two schools that largely (with one exception my lifetime for each school) play by the rules and have largely in-state kids.

It’ll be awfully nice when they are the two fighting for B1G titles with each other. Both have had multiple B1G titles in the past decade, but neither have really been title contenders at the same time. I’m hoping that happens soon.

IU, the "better team" .... over Purdue.

Both 9-11 in the conference. Purdue over IU not once, but twice.

The ... "better team". IU.

Those aren't "cherry picked stats."

Reactions: Inspector100
IU, the "better team" .... over Purdue.

Both 9-11 in the conference. Purdue over IU not once, but twice.

The ... "better team". IU.

Those aren't "cherry picked stats."

Oh... I just thought 20-12 and an NCAA team was in most people’s opinion a better year than 16-15 and not.

If you think that Purdue had a better year, more power to you!

Oh... I just thought 20-12 and an NCAA team was in most people’s opinion a better year than 16-15 and not.

Oh, now you're into "cherry picking stats".

I didn't write that Purdue had the better year. You attempted to claim IU had the better team.

Now you're also cherry picking words.

Oh, now you're into "cherry picking stats".

I didn't write that Purdue had the better year. You attempted to claim IU had the better team.

Now you're also cherry picking words.
So you think that IU had the better year, but Purdue was the better team? I’m wouldn’t agree based on the entirety of what the two teams accomplished last year.

I also didn’t notice you chose a different word, but more power to you if you think Purdue had the better team last year!

So you think that IU had the better year, but Purdue was the better team? I’m wouldn’t agree based on the entirety of what the two teams accomplished last year.

I also didn’t notice you chose a different word, but more power to you if you think Purdue had the better team last year!

No, genius, I did not say any such thing. I'm pointing out the error in your logic.

I wasn't the one choosing words, I was responding to the words you chose.

You tried to claim IU had the better team. When that didn't work out for you, you went to the better year.

There's no logic you can use to claim the better team. (That was your original argument.) Head-to-head... massive failure. Purdue 2, IU 0.

B1G results... dead even.

When trying to claim IU had the better team: You lose.

Seriously man. The arguments you guys come over here and make are so BAD. Please show me where IU made the tourney this year. This was the worst Purdue team in 6 years and they still whipped IU twice. Oh and please remind us who played as the 11th seed on Wednesday in the BIG tourney?

Purdue 9-11 in BIG , but still whipped IU twice, finished as a higher seed than IU AGAIN and Purdue fans were very unhappy with the season.

IU - 9-11 in BIG as the 11th seed after being 6th in 2018 and 9th in 2019. Clearly going wrong way in BIG. Swept by Purdue AGAIN. Yet IU fans are happy and touting how their program is on the rise and making strides.

This more than anything shows where the 2 programs really are.

Both teams are NCAA teams. If you're implying one would have been in the tournament and the other not we'll never know. For now the streak of missing tournaments still endures in Bloomington

You do realize that IU went on the road to Wisconsin, Michigan and Maryland and at a point in all three of those games, IU trailed by 30. By 30! Purdue was in those games to the very end. In fact Purdue lost to Michigan in double OT! We know our Boilers had a down year. But to get lectured by fans who finished 11th, below us is comical.

No, genius, I did not say any such thing. I'm pointing out the error in your logic.

I wasn't the one choosing words, I was responding to the words you chose.

You tried to claim IU had the better team. When that didn't work out for you, you went to the better year.

There's no logic you can use to claim the better team. (That was your original argument.) Head-to-head... massive failure. Purdue 2, IU 0.

B1G results... dead even.

When trying to claim IU had the better team: You lose.

If “No, genius” that is your attempt to be “logical” then more power to you. It seems like your attempt to be condescending to me.

Also, I already stated clearly, if you think that Purdue’s resume for the past year was better than, even with, or anything else compared to IU, go for it my friend! In my opinion, as your fellow Purdue fan said above, 16-15 is not up to your standards. Also in my opinion, at 20-12 IU was a tournament team.

I will depart this thread and let you discuss, hurl insults, or speak logically; whatever you prefer.

A safe and excellent Easter to all.

WL all -time? Purdue

What are you considering the modern era?

You acting as if all Purdues wins were in the 1930’s and if you went back 5, 10, 20, 30 years that those splits would favor IU. Wrong.

you’d have to cherry-pick a pretty specific era for IU to be better than Purdue head-to-head.

If “No, genius” that is your attempt to be “logical” then more power to you. It seems like your attempt to be condescending to me.

Also, I already stated clearly, if you think that Purdue’s resume for the past year was better than, even with, or anything else compared to IU, go for it my friend! In my opinion, as your fellow Purdue fan said above, 16-15 is not up to your standards. Also in my opinion, at 20-12 IU was a tournament team.

I will depart this thread and let you discuss, hurl insults, or speak logically; whatever you prefer.

A safe and excellent Easter to all.

No, it was not an attempt to be logical, or condescending, nor was it an insult (any more than your posts have been).

Yes, a safe and excellent Easter to you, as well.

Reactions: JRowdy20
ADVERTISEMENT