ADVERTISEMENT

Great team win!

Great play....Liked.....
The bench scoring.
Paint scoring.
The D....and the switching.
The way CMP is trusting the frosh with more PT and they are ALl producing.
Team sharing the ball.
Impressed that they rebounded with Iowa.
And CE didn't have to do it all.

Good win for sure. Have been a painter "hater" so far this season. Last couple games have been much better. Hopefully we keep the mojo going into a deep tournament run.

At one point in the second half I leaned to the fellow sitting to my right and said that I could not remember seeing any Big 10 team simply being dissected in the lane the way Purdue destroyed Iowa. What a masterful job of scouting and game-planning by the coaching staff, coupled with on-court execution by the players!

Haarms mentioned in the post game something about the ND game being an eye opener of sorts for the team. Sounds like CMP laid into the team pretty good.

Reactions: Schnelk
CE looked like he was having a lot of fun. Very noticeable in fact. He usually has a pretty intense look.
I noticed last game that his "outlook" seemed much different. I think he has figured out that the team needs a leader and a leader leads in more than scoring .... as well as off-the-court.

Good win for sure. Have been a painter "hater" so far this season. Last couple games have been much better. Hopefully we keep the mojo going into a deep tournament run.

Here's the thing - we live in a fast paced world these days, but this notion that you should change whether you want someone fired, like a coach, etc. based on 6 weeks of playing is crazy. You can point to several Purdue teams that have been night and day from beginning to end of season. Not only is it unfair to a coaching staff, but to a bunch of kids who are clearly working together as a team to get better and are coachable. This forum is starting to get really old - when you turn on the TV and see an arena full of people on a weeknight with students gone, cheering on this team to a win over a ranked team, then you come on here and it's complaint-central.

At the end of the day, it's a game. Have fun.

Here's the thing - we live in a fast paced world these days, but this notion that you should change whether you want someone fired, like a coach, etc. based on 6 weeks of playing is crazy. You can point to several Purdue teams that have been night and day from beginning to end of season. Not only is it unfair to a coaching staff, but to a bunch of kids who are clearly working together as a team to get better and are coachable. This forum is starting to get really old - when you turn on the TV and see an arena full of people on a weeknight with students gone, cheering on this team to a win over a ranked team, then you come on here and it's complaint-central.

At the end of the day, it's a game. Have fun.

I should also add - yes, we've lost some games. 3 of the 5 were against what, top 16 ranked teams? The others were both tournament teams away from home. Yes, it's frustrating to lose a close game, but there was nothing to be 'embarrassed' about. We've also beat 2 ranked teams. I'd be a hell of a lot more concerned if we weren't showing great effort, losing games against bad opponents, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT