ADVERTISEMENT

Gicarri Harris - Chick-fil-A Tournament

Purdue79fan

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2020
Nationally-ranked Grayson got three double-doubles to win its opening game of the Chick-fil-A Classic, 86-69, on Thursday at River Bluff High School.

Grayson will play St. John’s (DC) in an American Bracket winner’s game on Friday. Imani, which is making its first CFA Classic appearance, will play Keenan in a consolation game.

Purdue signee Gicarri Harris led the way with 26 points and 11 rebounds. Boilermakers coach Matt Painter was in attendance at the game. Amir Taylor added 20 points and 15 rebounds. Western Carolina signee Christian Hyland added 16 points and Georgia commit Jacob Wilkins had 15 points and 12 rebounds.

Grayson, which came into the tournament ranked No. 22 in the latest ESPN Top 25 poll, led by as many as 18 points before Imani mounted a comeback. The Pennsylvania Class A champions cut the lead to 62-60 on David Campton’s free throws late in the third quarter.

But Grayson answered with a 13-4 run to put the game away.

Avery Wesley led Imani with 20 points and Nate Brazil had 18.

Question: does CMP go to watch signees play to:
  1. Show appreciation and support for the player by being in attendance;
  2. Learn more about how the player plays in preparation for next year;
  3. Find other potential recruits; or
  4. All of the above?

4. All of the above?
Probably 4 especially with what we are seeing in the new NIL/Portal world. Also might see a diamond in the rough who is a sophomore or junior and get in early with them

Probably 4 especially with what we are seeing in the new NIL/Portal world. Also might see a diamond in the rough who is a sophomore or junior and get in early with them
Yep. I would say mostly #1, but it’s a tournament so I expect that he was able to take in multiple games. With this being a tournament with schools as far apart as Atlanta, Pennsylvania, and DC, I assume the teams selected feature some unsigned high major prospects.

GCc8lxGWcAABrK9

Speaking of Terry and recruiting - I missed this one from November. Like the potential here in 2026

I actually talked with his mom and dad for a few minutes at one of the earlier games at Mackey and nothing really with Noah. When they said he was in Plainfield I asked if Andy Weaver was still there and pushing the D. They were very friendly. Should he go to Purdue, I doubt there would ever be issues with the family. Terry has a lot of ties around Indy having been his home and on Butler's staff.

Maybe that was the game??? Seem to recall that mom was a volleyball player in college someplace and was tall...and attractive

I actually talked with his mom and dad for a few minutes at one of the earlier games at Mackey and nothing really with Noah. When they said he was in Plainfield I asked if Andy Weaver was still there and pushing the D. They were very friendly. Should he go to Purdue, I doubt there would ever be issues with the family. Terry has a lot of ties around Indy having been his home and on Butler's staff.

Maybe that was the game??? Seem to recall that mom was a volleyball player in college someplace and was tall...and attractive
Ahem ... Kim must not read your posts here LOL

Yep. I would say mostly #1, but it’s a tournament so I expect that he was able to take in multiple games. With this being a tournament with schools as far apart as Atlanta, Pennsylvania, and DC, I assume the teams selected feature some unsigned high major prospects.
I agree that it’s mostly number one, but the others are benefits as well, especially my hotdogs and cokes.

4. All of the above?
probably 4, but undoubtedly the prime reason is show the player "love" in hopes of staving off opposing coaches circling the prime players like hawks hoping to turn them from their commitment.

Looks like the Xavier game. Saw pictures of him from the summer and the latest one it appears he is filling out his frame. Like the potential and curious to see how his recruitment goes and how he develops his game.

But he signed his letter of intent right? He would have to be granted a release to get out of that.
Of course. But some coaches will consider to do some kind of recruiting even after that point. Unethical? Sure, but who is going to enforce it?

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Ahem ... Kim must not read your posts here LOL
I imagine she reads some. She remembers EVERYTHING I've said about my times years ago and has an uncanny ability to search things (experienced for many years in genealogy). If I did anything wrong, she would know quickly. Mostly she likes to read IU's site when they start to eat their own. Her childhood friend that she works with was a cheerleader when Knight threw the chair and she reminds her that IU fans are the worse. They turn on their team in seconds. Kim knows I find attractive women like fine paintings...just admire the beauty...can't help it. ;)

Gicarri had 25 in Championship Game vs Ridge View and it wasn't enough as they were outscored by 11 at the Free Throw line. Final Score 58-53. Grayson 13-1 on the season and Ridgeview now 14-0. Grayson just didn't get to the FT line enough along with poor FT shooting.

I predicted this young man to start based off the reports on his D, hopefully they are accurate and translate to D1..........surely has the offense going on big time!

Starter or not....In any case he will be an exciting player for the Boiler crowd!

He has potential to be one of Painter's better two-way players, IMO....there might be some surprises the next few years on that end.....we shall see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT