ADVERTISEMENT

Funny how it works

HUD628

Senior
Apr 11, 2007
When you’re the DC of a team with a some ELITE talent, your scheme looks amazing. Now, not so much. Purdue’s talent on D are guys who couldn’t play at their original school. Having said that, I am really disappointed in that effort last night. It drives me absolutely insane losing to a QB like that. Their passing offense is absolute trash and you let this guy lumber all around the yard largely untouched. They didn’t even know where he was for gods sake. Not that they could’ve tackled him anyways…

Card is good and the skill players good enough. The line is not, so that kinda makes things tough. If Card had not come, this could have been an 0-12 team.

Brohm left a bad team and it’s going to take time to fix. I don’t know if Walters is the right guy, but that defensive performance last night was not encouraging.

When you’re the DC of a team with a some ELITE talent, your scheme looks amazing. Now, not so much. Purdue’s talent on D are guys who couldn’t play at their original school. Having said that, I am really disappointed in that effort last night. It drives me absolutely insane losing to a QB like that. Their passing offense is absolute trash and you let this guy lumber all around the yard largely untouched. They didn’t even know where he was for gods sake. Not that they could’ve tackled him anyways…

Card is good and the skill players good enough. The line is not, so that kinda makes things tough. If Card had not come, this could have been an 0-12 team.

Brohm left a bad team and it’s going to take time to fix. I don’t know if Walters is the right guy, but that defensive performance last night was not encouraging.
people are going to have to be patient, it's not going to be a one yr turn around. This is why I couldn't see people on this board predicting 8 or 9 wins this year. He at least proves he can recruit. As far as being the answer, what do I know I was touting Matt Campbell who is 2 -10 in his last 12 games. I was disappointed how we couldn't handle that qb, at times we had him surrounded or had a good angle to tackle and he turned the corner for 1st downs

Reactions: Klaus 7196
people are going to have to be patient, it's not going to be a one yr turn around. This is why I couldn't see people on this board predicting 8 or 9 wins this year. He at least proves he can recruit. As far as being the answer, what do I know I was touting Matt Campbell who is 2 -10 in his last 12 games. I was disappointed how we couldn't handle that qb, at times we had him surrounded or had a good angle to tackle and he turned the corner for 1st downs

This is no longer the era of 4 year rebuilds waiting for your high school recruits to mature. With the transfer portal, Walters is going to need to show he can reasonably win in year 2. If he can't show a reasonable winning % in year two, it's likely not going to happen. That's just the way it is now...

When you’re the DC of a team with a some ELITE talent, your scheme looks amazing. Now, not so much.
Reminds me too much of a former Purdue head coach (for me he shall forever remain nameless) that was head coach for a team with one excellent player and then was unfortunately hired by Purdue. Walters seems to resonate with young players and hopefully he'll get some of the quality players he needs.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER

Card was really bad last night. Locking in on receivers, happy feet, looked lost alot. He was just not good and dug us a whole. Fumbles hurt alot too

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
Even though the 3rd and 4th down execution was terrible, the o-line blocking on Moussa's side was horrible, and the d kept committing mind numbing penalties, the game was winnable. Kick the field goal, cut down on cards's fumbles, and this is a winnable game. I think we have the talent, but there were lots of missed assignments on offense and defense. We were in the right spot on many plays and just didn't execute.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Let’s never schedule Syracuse again. Someone in New York must have a Purdue voodoo doll where they just make us point a gun at our foot and empty the chamber.
I like em on the schedule, gives me a chance to see a Boilers away game. I live 2 hrs away from cuse

IMO Brohm’s recruiting was falling off at the end and the. He snatched up what ever talent he could from what was still there. Walters walked into a mess and he’s got a big rebuild ahead of him (guess Brohm left things how he found them in that respect). Also you’ve got to resize his success at ILL was not over night. He had a year of rebuilding before he had success.

The defense losing their QB was inexcusable and it took way too long to adjust with a spy. But I’m the 4th quarter we were down 14-28 after giving up something like 6 turnovers. Still having a chance with that many turnovers is almost an amazing performance by itself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT