ADVERTISEMENT

Does IU deserve a NCAA invitation this year?

They will get a chance to fight Rutgers for it next week, in Ass Hall.

Did anyone tell Dr Jellyfingers that 20 year olds really don’t need prostate exams ?

Reactions: Flot and BBG
Boilers gonna unleash hell on Indinia when they visit Mackey on 3/5. It'll be Ivey's final home game and he's gonna put on an absolute show.
I'm taking Purdue and giving the points, not matter how many.

Unless something changes, looks like the NIT for the Hoosiers! They did take Ohio State to overtime but couldn't close the deal. I do have to say that I don't miss Lil' Archie at all! As much as I dislike IU, at least they have a coach that is respectable.

Unless something changes, looks like the NIT for the Hoosiers! They did take Ohio State to overtime but couldn't close the deal. I do have to say that I don't miss Lil' Archie at all! As much as I dislike IU, at least they have a coach that is respectable.

Remember IU also had a full week to prepare for Ohio State and the Buckeyes had played 48 hours earlier. That was a game they should have won. They need to win 3 out of 4 remaining period to make the dance and really don't see how they accomplish that.

As far as Rutgers go, I think they are in unless the loss to us sends them into a tailspin and they finish terrible down the stretch. If Rutgers finishes reasonable strong and wins 1 BTT game, they will be in. I think IU and Michigan are on the outside looking in. At least at the moment.

Reactions: Purdue85
As far as Rutgers go, I think they are in unless the loss to us sends them into a tailspin and they finish terrible down the stretch. If Rutgers finishes reasonable strong and wins 1 BTT game, they will be in. I think IU and Michigan are on the outside looking in. At least at the moment.
Rutgers gets Michigan tomorrow. Michigan is going to be down a few players and a head coach. I hope Rutgers takes them down, but I could see the suspensions as a galvanizing call to the Michigan team. Going to be interesting to watch.

Remember IU also had a full week to prepare for Ohio State and the Buckeyes had played 48 hours earlier. That was a game they should have won. They need to win 3 out of 4 remaining period to make the dance and really don't see how they accomplish that.
Teams should realize that all you have to do is keep playing and, eventually, IU will go in the tank. They did it again last night. The mindset and culture of that program must be awful. No wonder their fan base is deserting them in droves and ticket demand has plummeted. Lots of poor leadership down there.

Reactions: Boilpotato and BBG
No, but can we stop with these threads (and here I am bumping one tp the top)? I logon today and there is a Crean thread, this one, A Bobby Knight talk show clip from prehistoric times.. just stop. We're ranked in the Top 5 all year, trying to make a run to the Final Four and Indinia is an irrelevant program with things looking even worse next year. Just. Stop. I know they are our in-state rival, but these threads are embarrassing. And yes, their board is filled with Purdue threads too, I get it, it's a rivalry but we're way better than this guys. Who cares if they make the NCAA? They're a completely irrelevant program. Frankly, I hope they make the dance. I hope as many Big Ten teams get in as they can!
People just naturally slow down and rubber neck when they see a bad wreck in progress.

I know there are going to be IU fans saying that IU should have been invited last year to the NCAA tournament, even though they didn't deserve it. Do they deserve it this year?

I think them being left out of the NCAA Tournament should continue for another year. I realize that they are 16-9 currently, but they are 9th in the BT with a losing BT record. They have lost 4 in a row, and OSU should give them their 5th loss in a row. The only reason they have 16 wins right now is due to them playing a pre BT cupcake schedule.

I am thinking it is NIT time for them again this year. At least, that is my opinion anyway.
Rutgers deserves a bid over IU. The Hoosiers are lacking any signature wins, with exception of beating their rival and OSU at home. No road wins of any merit and no neutral site wins of any caliber.

I miss Crean & Lil Arch in the sense that they were both Walking Memes 🤣

Rutgers deserves a bid over IU. The Hoosiers are lacking any signature wins, with exception of beating their rival and OSU at home. No road wins of any merit and no neutral site wins of any caliber.
The OSU win has been negated and they’ll get run out of Mackey, so it will be difficult to point to either of those as “good” wins. They’re paying a heavy and deserved price for not understanding that poor leadership has a price. Hopefully, they keep hiring lame AD’s so this continues forever.

Reactions: goboilers2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT