ADVERTISEMENT

David Jenkins Jr

Really coming on lately! He seems to be truly embracing his role while gaining confidence. So delightful to have such a stable force coming in off the bench.

Welcome aboard David
He said he came here to win. I understand that. I good friend's daughter did all the drills and never played much tennis, but she has a shirt that says Regional Champs. He may not only have a shirt, but some stats that helped us win!!!!

All the reports coming out of the locker room seem to suggest that he is an incredibly positive presence in the locker room. Enjoyed watching him have a bigger game today, in terms of points. I think he'll have at last one big game in the NCAAs.
Totally agree

Reactions: tjreese
Purdue needs him to take more shots. He might be our best player at making contested shots and that will come handy in the tournament. Thinking Ryne Cline against Tennessee as an example..
I'm not sure I agree with this. IMO this team is so good because guys like Furst, Gillis, Morton, Jenkins and even Newman limit the number of shots they take. Purdue only has 2 guys taking more than 6.5 shots per game (Edey and Loyer). Last year we had 4 guys shooting over 8.

Bottom line, get your best scorers the ball as much as possible. The rest of the guys only shoot within the context of the offense. We don't need guys like Jenkins or Newman creating their own shots.

If you scroll down that thread, there is a video of the shot at the buzzer. After the shot, Jenkins struts over toward the bench and gets high fives and chest bumps from the team. As he turns to get more from the players leaving the floor for halftime, it appears that 2 MSU players give him high fives as they run past. Probably a trick of the camera angle, but it's still fun to see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT