ADVERTISEMENT

Will Berg/Brian Waddell

And all have had plenty of opportunities to “display their talents.” It’s called practice…
Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

• Haha
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
This has been a bit frustrating for me knowing he has been doing this for some time. I want to believe that someone on staff is helping him. You can watch him and not the goal and determine if he makes it or not a lot of the time. If you see him lift the ball upward above his head leaving just a slight elbow bend he typically gets enough arch on the ball...but if not it does clang off the rim. If he moves back and doesn't change his lift I suspect it still is flat and long. It needs addressed and perhaps is...
He needs to keep the shooting arm away from his body. When he brings it in, his motion forces him to take a weaker shot.

Reactions: tjreese
He needs to keep the shooting arm away from his body. When he brings it in, his motion forces him to take a weaker shot.
I'm lost on the reference, but believe this has to do with Trey and yes, bringing the shooting arm to close to the body tightens the shoulders.

This has been a bit frustrating for me knowing he has been doing this for some time. I want to believe that someone on staff is helping him. You can watch him and not the goal and determine if he makes it or not a lot of the time. If you see him lift the ball upward above his head leaving just a slight elbow bend he typically gets enough arch on the ball...but if not it does clang off the rim. If he moves back and doesn't change his lift I suspect it still is flat and long. It needs addressed and perhaps is...
Watch the Painter presser after the NW game. he addresses FT's and what they (staff) do, whether it's mechanics or "head", specifically note the issue with TKR and how the coaches are working on it. Really good presser.

Reactions: tjreese
Watch the Painter presser after the NW game. he addresses FT's and what they (staff) do, whether it's mechanics or "head", specifically note the issue with TKR and how the coaches are working on it. Really good presser.
caught it late last night and I think he doesn't say anything to Trey since Trey works with Lusk, but will say things to Zach since he has always talked about Zach. Think he mentioned Zach not getting his hand under teh ball enough sometimes. Personally, I am amazed how well Zach typically shoots as his hands dwarf the ball and with such length flaws are magnified. Like all coaches they try to create pressure situations in practice, but they can't fully prepare for the critical times of a game in front of fans...adds what should be obvious...nobody wants to miss and so he is positive with them when missing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT