ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm being mentioned as a candidate for Nebraska? GTFOH.

Never say never, BUT, Brohm will head home to UofL if Scott Satterfield were to get canned BEFORE heading to NEB. Brohm's parents still live in Louisville and there are more family reasons vs. money to head back home.
He has made his millions and would likely rather rebuild UofL. My $.02

Could be just an indication that somebody in the Nebraska media world sees Brohm as an attractive option. I mean, people can list anybody they want as a candidate.

I don't honestly know how attractive that job is right now. I guess we'll be able to tell by the people they interview. On the one hand, Nebraska has resources and recruiting prowess. On the other hand, the program has had only one really successful head coach in the past 20 years. Whoever takes that job will inherit an underachieving program and an impatient fan base. Might not be the most attractive combination.

The list seems to be widespread on this one. I saw a tweet last night that had Matt Campbell of Iowa State effectively already having the job, but then Fox Sports put out a Top 5 and Campbell wasn't on it.

Never say never, BUT, Brohm will head home to UofL if Scott Satterfield were to get canned BEFORE heading to NEB. Brohm's parents still live in Louisville and there are more family reasons vs. money to head back home.
I really don't see why, other than having played at UofL, he would want to go back there. They're not going to have anywhere close to the funding that Purdue will have over the next 10 years. The ACC will likely break up, and UofL isn't really a candidate for the SEC or the Big Ten. So they'll be relegated back to the days of Conference USA. In all likelihood, UofL will be a step back for Brohm. Maybe that's what he'll want. But I don't see it in his competitive nature. If anything, assuming he continues to move Purdue forward, I could see him as a candidate for the ND job when they inevitably fire Freeman. Or some other higher profile program.

I really don't see why, other than having played at UofL, he would want to go back there. They're not going to have anywhere close to the funding that Purdue will have over the next 10 years. The ACC will likely break up, and UofL isn't really a candidate for the SEC or the Big Ten. So they'll be relegated back to the days of Conference USA. In all likelihood, UofL will be a step back for Brohm. Maybe that's what he'll want. But I don't see it in his competitive nature. If anything, assuming he continues to move Purdue forward, I could see him as a candidate for the ND job when they inevitably fire Freeman. Or some other higher profile program.
Will be interesting, but if his old car was any indication of the type of man he is, UofL fits him just fine. Cannot blame him for that either. He and brothers can re-create a Texas Tech or Boise State type of team that many SEC and B1G would fear in non-conference.

Last edited:
There is ZERO chance Brohm leaves PU for Nebraska.
They have a very good fan base just not a very good recruiting base. They've fired coaches that were keeping them relevant and allowed a home town boy to put a nail in the coffin. This feels like their next coach search could be a fiasco as they drub up big names who turn them down.

Kansas coach too. Which would suck for Kansas. They finally get a good coach and he bolts after two years
Agree, Kansas coach Leipold would make sense. UW-Whitewater has been a very solid program year over year & add in a good overall winning record + NEB experience and that is logical sense. All that said, NEB is not logical and they'll throw money out the window as evidenced by $7.5M to Frost while they could have waited and made a different move come October.

At one time Nebraska would have been seen as a big step up. That slowly eroded as Nebraska slid and then Collapsed the past few years.

I would look for Matt Campbell or Mark Stoops to ultimately land at Nebraska. The Stoops name still carries some cache in the Plains given brother Bob's successful tenure at OU. Campbell will likely be looking to make a move out of Ames too. He's done about all he can do at Iowa State, and with Texas and Oklahoma bolting for the SEC in '25, the Big XII coaches in demand have limited runway to make a move before that conference becomes an afterthought.

I would look for Matt Campbell or Mark Stoops to ultimately land at Nebraska. The Stoops name still carries some cache in the Plains given brother Bob's successful tenure at OU. Campbell will likely be looking to make a move out of Ames too. He's done about all he can do at Iowa State, and with Texas and Oklahoma bolting for the SEC in '25, the Big XII coaches in demand have limited runway to make a move before that conference becomes an afterthought.
Is Nebraska a step up from UK at this point? Stoops built a decent program at UK and he hits Ohio pretty hard for recruits. He wont have that same pull at NU

I see Campbell going to the NFL.

Reactions: pboiler18
Is Nebraska a step up from UK at this point? Stoops built a decent program at UK and he hits Ohio pretty hard for recruits. He wont have that same pull at NU

UK is definitely on better footing that Nebraska today. They probably stand a pretty decent chance of winning the SEC East. However, I'd bet that Trev Alberts would hand Stoops a blank check. I would also tend to agree with Coach Cal: Kentucky is always going to be a basketball school.

Campbell could probably get some looks from NFL teams, but for every Pete Carroll and Jimmy Johnson, there's a Nick Saban and Urban Meyer.

UK is definitely on better footing that Nebraska today. They probably stand a pretty decent chance of winning the SEC East. However, I'd bet that Trev Alberts would hand Stoops a blank check. I would also tend to agree with Coach Cal: Kentucky is always going to be a basketball school.

Campbell could probably get some looks from NFL teams, but for every Pete Carroll and Jimmy Johnson, there's a Nick Saban and Urban Meyer.
Huh? You know UGA, the defending national champions exist....and play in that division right?

Speaking of UK, I saw a bowl projection today with Purdue vs. UK in the Pinstripe Bowl.

Brohm is NOT a running coach. The most he would ever do is 50/50. Nebraska wants to have a physical identity and be known as a running school. It’s not a good philosophical fit. You’re not going to win over those fans by throwing the ball 70% of the time or forgetting to run the ball in the 4th quarter.

Brohm is Purdue and eventually Louisville. When that happens, not sure. I hope later rather than sooner.

Some Corn posters on their (free) board think they can pry loose HCCK from Wildcatland(LOL!)
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

I don’t think that he will go back anytime soon. My opinion is because of what happened last time his name came up at Louisville. He was receiving threats from Louisville fans if he didn’t go coach at Louisville and if I remember correctly, someone threatened to blow up the grade school he went to because he wasn’t leaving Purdue.

Agree. Stoops ain't going to Nebraska. He's getting paid well, and he's building nice SEC program.

On the Nebraska board they're talking about how Campbell isn't good enough for Nebraska.

It's funny shit...

NNNNOOOOOOOOO, not the Pinstripe Bowl (that is the one in Yankees stadium).

Warm or indoors.
Whomever invented the Pinstripe bowl needs to be beaten with a pillowcase full of soap bars...

Why in the world would anyone consider going to NY to play in the cold a reward for a good season?

Reactions: NVboiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT