ADVERTISEMENT

Painter goes into the portal

CJ Gunn, Kaleb Banks and Peyton Sparks from IU have officially emerged the portal. I wonder if that’s all that will leave or if there are some more to leave as well.
All announced within a few hours gotta figure Woody told them he needs their schollies for transfers. Galloway and Leal are expected back. they had celebrity and deep pocket NIL supporters at an event recently, they are pretty strong with NiL money.

Their board seems to think Mbako, Ware, and Reneau are gone as well. They have 0 commits coming in and if true they would have three returning scholarship players who contributed (Cupps, Galloway, Leal) plus a redshirt freshman guard.

Xavier and Anthony Walker have exhausted their eligibility.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
All announced within a few hours gotta figure Woody told them he needs their schollies for transfers. Galloway and Leal are expected back. they had celebrity and deep pocket NIL supporters at an event recently, they are pretty strong with NiL money.

Their board seems to think Mbako, Ware, and Reneau are gone as well. They have 0 commits coming in and if true they would have three returning scholarship players who contributed (Cupps, Galloway, Leal) plus a redshirt freshman guard.

Xavier and Anthony Walker have exhausted their eligibility.

Are we sure Woody knew they were on scholarship?

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
He wasn't offered by Purdue/Painter. He'd be better served to drop a level, similar to what Newman and Lander did in going to Western kentucky.
You are probably right. I recall that Purdue was recruiting him, but my memory is faulty about the offer.

Cliff Omuyri from Rutgers is in the portal. Rumor is St. John’s lured him into transferring. Curious if they can close the deal.
Ouch. Best recruiting class in school history… but who will they play with?

maybe they took all the NIL cash?

Maybe to ND with Shrews?
Maybe but why wouldn’t he have followed last year? I have 0 knowledge but would seem odd to me then again there are a lot of smart people close to Kentucky saying Cal is gone. Also Dusty Mays to Louisville.

This is how you destroy a program for instant gratification
IU? Programs living in the past can't move forward without bumps. They'll just replace a coach and rebuild until it....never happens. The fan base is just as guilty as the administration.

Thought he was going pro? I'd LOVE to have him as a backup center project if I'm the Pacers.
You being serious? Cliff is still a major project - has never developed any offensive game to speak out. Freak athlete for sure and can’t block almost anything. Outside of that, chasing a big NIL deal is his chance of making money

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT