ADVERTISEMENT

Painter goes into the portal

Where did I claim that?
Your obsession with me is on the verge of creepiness. Do you have BDS?
Oh, were you deflecting again and I missed it? Seems you are really uncomfortable being called out for your bad takes and dishonesty.

Oh, were you deflecting again and I missed it? Seems you are really uncomfortable being called out for your bad takes and dishonesty.
Trust me...where I stand in your eyes sits very, very far down on the list of things I'm concerned about.

So I was thinking when Painter finished the 2024 class and knew he was oversigned - did he and the staff have a feeling someone was going to leave or an idea who they would ask to leave?

Reason I bring this up, what if there is someone in the portal who reaches out about transferring because they want to be on an established winning team? They aren’t in the portal for NIL deals. Do you think we would entertain them because they have another person identified to leave?

Again, all hypothetical.

Reactions: jtanoos1
So I was thinking when Painter finished the 2024 class and knew he was oversigned - did he and the staff have a feeling someone was going to leave or an idea who they would ask to leave?

Reason I bring this up, what if there is someone in the portal who reaches out about transferring because they want to be on an established winning team? They aren’t in the portal for NIL deals. Do you think we would entertain them because they have another person identified to leave?

Again, all hypothetical.
Never say never and it probably have to be the perfect transfer but I’d put it at less than 5% if it were to happen.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Never say never and it probably have to be the perfect transfer but I’d put it at less than 5% if it were to happen.
That’s about the same odds I would give it as well. If we would, it would be late summer and right before fall practice because Painter feels like we have a gap that needs to be addressed.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
That’s about the same odds I would give it as well. If we would, it would be late summer and right before fall practice because Painter feels like we have a gap that needs to be addressed.

I think CMP should go hard after sophomore Danny Wolf and let Berg and Jacobsen develop for a year or 2. Guy looks really good

I think CMP should go hard after sophomore Danny Wolf and let Berg and Jacobsen develop for a year or 2. Guy looks really good

I'm not an expert on how this works, but if anyone Red shirts, they still count as a scholarship right? So how would we sign someone out of the portal? We're already over the count now.

I'm not an expert on how this works, but if anyone Red shirts, they still count as a scholarship right? So how would we sign someone out of the portal? We're already over the count now.

Guess I got excited watching highlights and wasn't thinking about such things lol.. gotta see how the offseason plays out, but don't see where 2 spots would come from

Read he is do not contact list - ie he and his camp have reached out to the schools he is interested in. Unless I missed it, Purdue isn’t one of them. Think Michigan, Northwestern and Duke are the ones.

Read he is do not contact list - ie he and his camp have reached out to the schools he is interested in. Unless I missed it, Purdue isn’t one of them. Think Michigan, Northwestern and Duke are the ones.
This is a bummer, man. Also like Humrichous from Evansville

I have 0 insight into what happens when the season ends on who is coming back and who will enter the portal. If you told me 48 hours after Illinois’ loss that Dain would be in the portal, I wouldn’t believe it.

Crazy things will happen with more kids entering the next 10-12 days from the remaining schools. Lot of craziness still to happen from now until the season starts.

Reactions: plthomps3
Not sure why we would look @ portal until we have known openings?

It would take two. I would be surprised if we see that??

I think people are going through the mental exercise like, "if you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for?" We don't have 3 wishes and we don't have open scholarships, but it's a harmless diversion. :)

We signed 5 recruits and we had spots for 4. This is adapting to the new reality of basketball with NIL and portal.

If there is a player who entered the portal and expressed interest in joining our team and they can be an impact player like Jones, we will figure out the math later.

We signed 5 recruits and we had spots for 4. This is adapting to the new reality of basketball with NIL and portal.

If there is a player who entered the portal and expressed interest in joining our team and they can be an impact player like Jones, we will figure out the math later.
I think it was 6 recruits for only 5 spots right? I get your point though. Hate to see anyone leave.

I think it was 6 recruits for only 5 spots right? I get your point though. Hate to see anyone leave.
I have disclosed numerous times that I am not a math or English major….

I hate to see anyone go as well but this is a business at the end of the day. Either you are improving and filling holes/gaps on the roster or you could be replaced.

I hate what instant transfer have done to the world of college basketball but the new reality is you need to lean on the portal for experience and skills that might be lacking.

Here is an interesting one - Marcus Domask has lawyered up to sue for an extra year of eligibility. One of his seasons at SIU he only played 10 games or so because of injury. Don’t be shocked when he wins the case and comes back another year.

Here is an interesting one - Marcus Domask has lawyered up to sue for an extra year of eligibility. One of his seasons at SIU he only played 10 games or so because of injury. Don’t be shocked when he wins the case and comes back another year.

So am I able to say:

1. Domask isn’t that good or else he wouldn’t have stayed all 6 years in college?
2. Booty Ball is a boring brand of basketball and unwatchable?
3. If Domask were 6 inches shorter, he wouldn’t be as good?

Also, I can’t wait for the Covid year to be gone. Having all these 24-26 year olds playing vs 18-20 year olds or in front of 18-20 year olds is kinda bleh.

What was the last court case the NCAA won?
No kidding! Kinda ridiculous though, right?

If this is the new normal, I think it's time for Chris Booker to lawyer up. We need another proven big. And hey, while we're at it, let's sue the NCAA to get rid of the scholarship cap. Bring in 30 guys on scholly and let them duke it out for PT.

So am I able to say:

1. Domask isn’t that good or else he wouldn’t have stayed all 6 years in college?

Also, I can’t wait for the Covid year to be gone. Having all these 24-26 year olds playing vs 18-20 year olds or in front of 18-20 year olds is kinda bleh.
Oh my....we agree on a couple of things. Booty ball is boring, and covid year players, though I'd love to see Gillis use his next year. As for the 6 inches statement, Braden Smith is only a "reported" 6'. What if he were six inches taller? Heck, if I were six inches taller, I'd like to believe I'd had a career in MLB.

Oh my....we agree on a couple of things. Booty ball is boring, and covid year players, though I'd love to see Gillis use his next year. As for the 6 inches statement, Braden Smith is only a "reported" 6'. What if he were six inches taller? Heck, if I were six inches taller, I'd like to believe I'd had a career in MLB.

A 6' 6" Braden Smith? Taller version of Jason Kidd and also a larceny/theft machine. :)

Quadruple Double alert.......haha.

So am I able to say:

LAMO.

I like Domask’s booty ball. Most kids don’t know how to defend it and he just abuses folks. Granted, once UCONN adjusted, they shut him down. Someone on Twitter said that he has a game made for the YMCA pickup league.

I agree on being done with the COVID folks. Granted the NCAA is the most inept organization I’ve ever seen so who knows what’s going to happen.

LAMO.

I like Domask’s booty ball. Most kids don’t know how to defend it and he just abuses folks. Granted, once UCONN adjusted, they shut him down. Someone on Twitter said that he has a game made for the YMCA pickup league.

I agree on being done with the COVID folks. Granted the NCAA is the most inept organization I’ve ever seen so who knows what’s going to happen.
Haha I saw that too.

Knowing the NCAA they’ll probably grant a Covid year for anyone alive during Covid moving forward 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT