ADVERTISEMENT

Painter goes into the portal

This is how you destroy a program for instant gratification
Give me a break. It’s an NIL world of free agency. If that’s how you get better and win more, then you do it.
Are you unhappy that we got Lance Jones for 1 year?

Just saw that. If he can pull a couple of his guys from FAU and lock up some portal kids, he might be able to put something together.

Davis, Goldin and Martin all are juniors and can join him.

Now the real question is…can they get their credits to transfer to make them all pass “Michigan’s standards”?

If I were Dug and knew those 3 were headed to Michigan I may seriously consider staying

Last edited:
Reactions: ChoiceBeef
It would be interesting to know how many portal players start for the last 12 (including this year) FF teams.

Don’t give me homework like that 😂

But now I want to see too

I know Tristen Newton was the only starter who was an incoming transfer for UConn last year. And he was their 4th best player (and is now a stud this season).

Kansas didn't have any transfer starters the year before.

Give me a break. It’s an NIL world of free agency. If that’s how you get better and win more, then you do it.
Are you unhappy that we got Lance Jones for 1 year?
Bringing in one senior when you have an opening is different than jettisoning multiple guys for one year hired guns. I want to see a FF as much as anyone but would not like the Miami model of one FF then trash the next year.

I know Tristen Newton was the only starter who was an incoming transfer for UConn last year. And he was their 4th best player (and is now a stud this season).

Kansas didn't have any transfer starters the year before.

They had a key piece in Remy Martin at PG who was hurt most of the year and that forced DaJuan Harris to play PG more than thought of. Martin was HUGE in the NCAAT.

It would be interesting to know how many portal players start for the last 12 (including this year) FF teams.

Ok this was a rough check for 2022 and 2023 (I did include some bench players that played decent mins):

UNC - Manek
Duke - none
Kansas - Remy Martin
Villanova - Caleb Daniels

UConn - Newton, Alleyne, Calcaterra
SDSU - Leedee, Trammel, Bradley, Parrish
FAU - Goldin, Gaffney
Miami - Pack, Omier, Miller

Last edited:
It would be interesting to know if you ever ponied up that $1 million you claimed to provide to the NIL to get the players you want. It takes serious money to bring in top "free agents". Don't be a welcher and then whine that you aren't getting what you want.

Bringing in one senior when you have an opening is different than jettisoning multiple guys for one year hired guns. I want to see a FF as much as anyone but would not like the Miami model of one FF then trash the next year.
Me either. but it's got to be awfully tempting for teams vs the grind of building long term success. Some coaches aren't good enough to recruit well year in and year out AND be the X's and O guys come game time.

Connor Essegian from Wisconsin in the portal. Don’t think he is the last one - rumors been running that AJ Storrs is going to leave.

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
Connor Essegian from Wisconsin in the portal. Don’t think he is the last one - rumors been running that AJ Storrs is going to leave.

As an Indiana native would not surprise me to see him at iu. A shame for him, but on the positive side might be a way to pick up a nice nil package. Hope it's Butler or ISU. Hate to see a good dude play for the bad guys.

As an Indiana native would not surprise me to see him at iu. A shame for him, but on the positive side might be a way to pick up a nice nil package. Hope it's Butler or ISU. Hate to see a good dude play for the bad guys.
Unless Woodson says he is planning to run a modern offense to let guys shoot 3s, I don’t see that as a good move.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see him end up at DePaul.

It would be interesting to know if you ever ponied up that $1 million you claimed to provide to the NIL to get the players you want. It takes serious money to bring in top "free agents". Don't be a welcher and then whine that you aren't getting what you want.
Edey is bringing in $810K. Is that serious money?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to iu… he’s a shooter and that’s what they are in dire need of. I think he could cash in on NIL being he’s got the goods they definitely need. He was evidently pissed that neither Purdue or iu really recruited/pursued him coming out of high school so he could be the Hoosier shooting hero coming home to save the day. Can’t you already hear the spin?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to iu… he’s a shooter and that’s what they are in dire need of. I think he could cash in on NIL being he’s got the goods they definitely need. He was evidently pissed that neither Purdue or iu really recruited/pursued him coming out of high school so he could be the Hoosier shooting hero coming home to save the day. Can’t you already hear the spin?
IU doesn’t like shooters tho 😂

Lil Andy...when will you learn. I loved Edwards and Ivey. Didn't love Smith or IT.
Revisng history again? loved Edwards after you saw him play. When Painter offered, you said he was too small, not enough stars, and his offers didn't meet your standards.

Until someone posted a clip of Ivey schooling a 5-star guard in an AAU game, you whined about Painter offering another 3-star players with no other major offers. It was always your knee-jerk reaction to Painter recruits. Not surprised you're denying it.

Reactions: z_one
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT