ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue has clinched a double bye in the BTT

PUQBMan.

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 5, 2015
Chula Vista, CA
While the team certainly has bigger goals this year, we shouldn't lose sight of all the accomplishments along the way. Purdue has a chance to clinch the Big Ten regular season title (shared or outright) this week.

Magic number for share of Big Ten regular season title: 1 (1 PU win OR 1 UI loss)
Magic number for outright Big Ten regular season title: 2 (1 PU win + 1 UI loss OR 2 UI loss + 1 UW loss + 1 Northwestern loss)

Nebraska and Northwestern are both looking good for double byes, which I guess makes two of Purdue's losses look a little more respectable.

In the 10 years of having 14 teams in the BIG, Purdue has clinched a double bye in the BTT 9 times. The only time they didn't was in 2020 which was canceled due to COVID. Purdue is the only team to never play on Wednesday or Thursday of the BTT since it expanded to 14 teams.

Sustained success.

Nebraska and Northwestern are both looking good for double byes, which I guess makes two of Purdue's losses look a little more respectable.
I ran a simulation for Wisconsin, Northwestern and Nebraska to all finish 12-8, tied for 3rd. It comes out:
Wisconsin 3
Nebraska 4
Northwestern 5

Reactions: rgarlitz
I ran a simulation for Wisconsin, Northwestern and Nebraska to all finish 12-8, tied for 3rd. It comes out:
Wisconsin 3
Nebraska 4
Northwestern 5

That is an interesting horse-race, Chi-B.....

Wisconsin - @ Indiana, Illinois, Rutgers, @ Purdue
NW - @ Maryland, Iowa, @ Michigan State, Minnesota
Nebraska - @ Ohio State, Rutgers, @ Michigan

So does Ohio State winning yesterday.

That was one of those classic "How the hell did they win/lose that game" games.

Thornton and Gayle really didn't shoot well - Battle was out.....and somehow Michigan State fritters away a 12-point second half lead. I expect Walker to give Purdue fits all game next Saturday. Boilers are going to need a very strong effort/game.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
While the team certainly has bigger goals this year, we shouldn't lose sight of all the accomplishments along the way. Purdue has a chance to clinch the Big Ten regular season title (shared or outright) this week.

Magic number for share of Big Ten regular season title: 1 (1 PU win OR 1 UI loss)
Magic number for outright Big Ten regular season title: 2 (1 PU win + 1 UI loss OR 2 UI loss + 1 UW loss + 1 Northwestern loss)
Keep it simple, Boilers. Just run the table. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT