ADVERTISEMENT

B1G ACC Challenge Thread

Roeder

Junior
Jun 21, 2007
Games start tonight. I think the B1G wins 8-6. What are your predictions?

Tonight we get the first chance to find out if Nebraska is a contender or pretender. I think they win @ Clemson. I also think Minnesota takes care of BC.

I think it hinges on us and/or Michigan needing to win. For us, if Carsen is efficient I think we win. If he’s not, we may be in trouble.

Tonight we get the first chance to find out if Nebraska is a contender or pretender. I think they win @ Clemson. I also think Minnesota takes care of BC.

I think 8 wins is possible. The Big is much improved. But 5 wins is possible as well. Part of me wants the Big to do really well to improve Purdue’s strength of schedule. But, I want to see MSU and IU lose. Not sure if I want Michigan to lose before Purdue or win so maybe they sleep walk.

Reactions: Schnelk
Minnesota looks pretty bad and Murphy has 4 fouls with 12 min left. Think this one will be a loss. BC's arena looks completely empty on TV

1-0. Good start. BC and Minny looks pretty close. Minny is down one at he half.

Zone just obliterated MN. MN can do absolutely nothing against the zone BC is deploying. I wonder how many other B1G teams will see that and employ the zone if they have any trouble with MN??

Last edited:
Reactions: nagemj02
I think 8 wins is possible. The Big is much improved. But 5 wins is possible as well. Part of me wants the Big to do really well to improve Purdue’s strength of schedule. But, I want to see MSU and IU lose. Not sure if I want Michigan to lose before Purdue or win so maybe they sleep walk.

Just this once I really hope MSU destroys Louisville

I had a coworker complain that Purdue has an easier game than IU for this, but they always strive to be the blue blood they once were so this is the game they should want. I think they will get demolished. Be careful what you ask for.

Part of me wants the Big to do really well to improve Purdue’s strength of schedule. But, I want to see MSU and IU lose
How? This isn't football where it actually helps us to have conference foes lose, this is BB where every time they lose our wins drop down a notch.

Zone just obliterated MN. MN can do absolutely nothing against the zone BC is deploying. I wonder how many other B1G teams will see that and employ the zone if they have any trouble with MN??
I was tired and just caught a few possessions. During that minute (s?) I saw Minn playing against a 3-2 or a more flattened 1-2-2. What Minny did was place people beside the defenders in a similar attack (1-2-2 set) which in my opinion is a mistake to begin with. Place them in the gaps to cause problems early (2-1-2 set first choice or 1-3-1 second choice). Minny used a wing to float to the FT line as an attempt to put someone in the middle of the zone. Now, there was not enough movement through the lane to see if players handed off other players to see if they were in a matchup ...knowing the appearance of a zone by Minny would start out in a 1-2-2 offensive set and thereby matched up "IF " that is what happened. I wasn't particularly enthralled with Minny's offense at that time. If you play matchup, you better have sufficient scouting to understand the offensive sets of the other team a bit...

Minny losing hurts as that was a game I was counting the B1G to win. Will have to make it up somewhere else....

Tonight I've got;

VT over PSU
ND over ILL (ILL could sneak a win here, much tougher schedule so far than ND)
Iowa over Pitt
Wisconsin over NC State
MSU over Lou
Duke over IU

Looks like it will be tied 4-4 after tonight.

I had a coworker complain that Purdue has an easier game than IU for this, but they always strive to be the blue blood they once were so this is the game they should want. I think they will get demolished. Be careful what you ask for.
If greene and Zach come back for this one and are healthy it will be a good game. Duke isn’t unstoppable unless they’re hitting a bunch of 3s and IU should be able to keep that from happening

took a three team parlay Duke, VT, and MSU. Let's see. I think Duke comes back and makes a pretty big statement.

ACC is always at an advantage in this thing because they get to drop one of their teams. And its never the two blue bloods. And although the B1G usually has better depth top to bottom, it has no blue bloods.

Maybe Iowa or Maryland
I don't think Painter likes the thought of playing a zone. It's too complicated for him.

Can’t decide whether to pull for MSU or Lville tonight. It’s like deciding between isis and al queda.

Reactions: Roeder
ACC is always at an advantage in this thing because they get to drop one of their teams. And its never the two blue bloods. And although the B1G usually has better depth top to bottom, it has no blue bloods.
I think you are misspelling the category of those schools, The proper spelling is "Shoe Bloods".

Reactions: Inspector100
That's twice now they bailed out Ward, he's just flapping his arms all over the place and getting fouls called on Louisville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT