ADVERTISEMENT

Armaan is now on the Clock

So your buddy feels it’s maybe IU or maybe Purdue? That’s some great insight!

Actually what he said is that he still "feels" it is PU, but he was getting some texts that made him question that feeling. He is an AAU coach (who btw is a Cathedral grad) and has some pretty good connections among the coaching fraternity.

Snow reporting this am that they are having trouble coming to a consensus decision and it will likely be a few more days. They are scrutinizing everything to make sure they make the best decision for AF.

Also Newman is nowhere near decision making mode (visits IU this weekend) and definitely intends to make his officials to Xavier and OSU. Both AF and BN are aware that AF is going to decide within the next few days, and they really aren't interested in going to the same school. Main reason is that they basically occupy the same spot on the floor...

I know PU tried to convince them otherwise, but the indecision indicates that the PU visit didn't seal the deal. AF has also spent time with IT since the visit, but even that has not resulted in a cut and dried decision for PU. Snow feels it will likely end by Fri, but says it's still possible it could go into next week. IU did a great job on the AF visit, and it's definitely a 2 team race with pros/cons for each program...I'm personally torn, but I know Archie really wants AF...

Actually what he said is that he still "feels" it is PU, but he was getting some texts that made him question that feeling. He is an AAU coach (who btw is a Cathedral grad) and has some pretty good connections among the coaching fraternity.

Snow reporting this am that they are having trouble coming to a consensus decision and it will likely be a few more days. They are scrutinizing everything to make sure they make the best decision for AF.

Also Newman is nowhere near decision making mode (visits IU this weekend) and definitely intends to make his officials to Xavier and OSU. Both AF and BN are aware that AF is going to decide within the next few days, and they really aren't interested in going to the same school. Main reason is that they basically occupy the same spot on the floor...

I know PU tried to convince them otherwise, but the indecision indicates that the PU visit didn't seal the deal. AF has also spent time with IT since the visit, but even that has not resulted in a cut and dried decision for PU. Snow feels it will likely end by Fri, but says it's still possible it could go into next week. IU did a great job on the AF visit, and it's definitely a 2 team race with pros/cons for each program...I'm personally torn, but I know Archie really wants AF...

Kendrick huh?

He’s a well-known, die-hard IU fan.

I’d counter he is also very level-headed and has a wonderful reputation that can hold meaningful conversations without taking shots at schools he doesn’t like.

I get the impression most IU fans do not want Franklin, and hope he picks Purdue so they get a clearer path to Newman or another higher rated prospect to fill Romeo's minutes at the 2.

I think either would be a great fit for Purdue. Can't think of a recruitment like this in the past. Should be fun to watch it play out.
I would agree that most IU fans hope he commits to Purdue. That's not to say he is a bad player, Newman just appears to be better. Assuming they aren't going to the same school, I'm guessing most Purdue fans hope he commits to IU so they can get Newman.

I would agree that most IU fans hope he commits to Purdue. That's not to say he is a bad player, Newman just appears to be better. Assuming they aren't going to the same school, I'm guessing most Purdue fans hope he commits to IU so they can get Newman.
Most fans haven't seen either play so we have no idea who to like better.

Most fans haven't seen either play so we have no idea who to like better.
You haven't looked up either of them? Franklin is more of a combo guard. Better handles and better driving skills.

Newman is more of a pure wing. Elite shooter and better defender than Franklin.

Newman appears to be more wide open than Franklin. There is nothing to indicate Newman has eliminated Xavier or OSU so the presumption he will select Purdue or IU isn't a done deal.

Reactions: Inspector100
Newman appears to be more wide open than Franklin. There is nothing to indicate Newman has eliminated Xavier or OSU so the presumption he will select Purdue or IU isn't a done deal.
Nothing to indicate that other than the reporting of two national analysts (one from rivals and one from 247), and also the reporting of two IU sites. But yea, there is nothing at all to indicate that.

Hey Trojan, if Franklin or Newman decided on IU, would either of them even get any playing time ? Seems like there is a lot of players on IU's roster at the position they would be playing.

Hey Trojan, if Franklin or Newman decided on IU, would either of them even get any playing time ? Seems like there is a lot of players on IU's roster at the position they would be playing.
I think Newman would get playing time right away either starting at the 2 or as the backup to the 2. The only guards projected to be on IU's roster next year are Phinisee, Green, and Durham. I think Franklin would take a little more time to develop.

FWIW, the IU guys are hearing things to make them feel confident. Snow just switched his CB pick to IU.

Don't you have a forum to do that on? Sorry but we don't truly care about IU receuits maybe try your own forun for a change?
I discuss on those forums too. You dont care about Franklin and Newman? Interesting.

Don't you have a forum to do that on? Sorry but we don't truly care about IU receuits maybe try your own forun for a change?

I know you weren't talking to me. But what I posted regarding Snow comes from his Midwest recruiting update, which was published on both the IU and PU Premie 247 boards.

Reactions: Montana48
It is amazing that we have heard from numerous posters on here but nothing from the Purdue personnel that get paid for information on these recruits.

Long time reader of this forum / fan (2002 grad). I don't usually have a reason to post but this is the tipping point for me.. Can't help but think after seeing the crystal ball flip that freaking little arch has struck again. Makes ZERO sense - IU didn't even offer until mid summer and we are going to lose this??? Oh well I guess I will assume that Franklin wanted $omething el$e and CMP pulled out on this one... am I the only one fed up with this????

Reactions: Schnelk
It is amazing that we have heard from numerous posters on here but nothing from the Purdue personnel that get paid for information on these recruits.
GBI guys do offer that info on the pay site. If they started posting ALL the recruiting info here why pay the premium fee? Just yesterday there was a "chat" which happens every week where you can ask any question you want answered. There is also a "mailbag" feature to ask specific questions not answered in other venues. There is also "boiling over" each week where recruiting is addressed and finally interviews and other info with each recruit when available.

Long time reader of this forum / fan (2002 grad). I don't usually have a reason to post but this is the tipping point for me.. Can't help but think after seeing the crystal ball flip that freaking little arch has struck again. Makes ZERO sense - IU didn't even offer until mid summer and we are going to lose this??? Oh well I guess I will assume that Franklin wanted $omething el$e and CMP pulled out on this one... am I the only one fed up with this????

@BoilerIron did you forget to post this on your other account?? I’ll assume this is trolling but it is fishy that Purdue seemingly had the lead with guys like Phinisee Damezi and now Franklin and after a visit to Bloomington they flipped

Nothing to indicate that other than the reporting of two national analysts (one from rivals and one from 247), and also the reporting of two IU sites. But yea, there is nothing at all to indicate that.
Unless I'm wrong, which is possible, he is planning on taking all his official visits.

@BoilerIron did you forget to post this on your other account?? I’ll assume this is trolling but it is fishy that Purdue seemingly had the lead with guys like Phinisee Damezi and now Franklin and after a visit to Bloomington they flipped
Lol if I was going to create a new account, I probably would have done it 4 months ago. And yes, the post you responded too is definitely a troll post.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler

Correct that we offered only a few months ago.

But Armaan Franklin was sitting courtside next to Romeo Langford and Rob Phinisee last year for the IU Northwestern game.
That was a very good night for IU; the team was terrible early and Archie was composed, truthful, and compelling on the way to a strong win.

Correct that we offered only a few months ago.

But Armaan Franklin was sitting courtside next to Romeo Langford and Rob Phinisee last year for the IU Northwestern game.
That was a very good night for IU; the team was terrible early and Archie was composed, truthful, and compelling on the way to a strong win.

A blowout between two non tournament teams in January sold Franklin on IU?? Dont think I buy it...

To bad he wasn't sitting courtside when the Boilers went down to Bloomington and manhandled the Hoosiers

No doubt that would have been far less helpful for IU!

Edit: on second glance IU was up two at the half and lost by seven to the then 21-2 Boilers in an incredible atmosphere. That game likely would have been a good one for IU recruits too.

A blowout between two non tournament teams in January sold Franklin on IU?? Dont think I buy it...

It was a big impact on Romeo.

Players can project themselves into significantly helping an underequipped team such as last year’s Hoosiers.

Especially when the atmosphere is excellent and the coach is compelling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT