ADVERTISEMENT

Armaan is now on the Clock

mreeser

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 17, 2017
Decision announcement over/under (before/after) Friday, September 7. Embrace debate.

Newman just released his final 4 schools; Purdue, Indiana, Xavier, and Ohio State. Franklin is down to Purdue, Indiana, and Xavier and still has an official to Bloomington.
Armaan already did his IU official before us. Don’t think he ever scheduled one for Xavier but I could have missed it.

Per Heller following people on Twitter doesn’t make one an expert

What do you mean no? Why do you keep saying no and then not offering any kind of explanation? Are you just trying to be difficult? Franklin is going to IU or Purdue. Same with Newman. If both wanted to go to Purdue, they would have both committed it by now.

What do you mean no? Why do you keep saying no and then not offering any kind of explanation? Are you just trying to be difficult? Franklin is going to IU or Purdue. Same with Newman. If both wanted to go to Purdue, they would have both committed it by now.
Because all of this is wrong

We must be the peegsty
Yep it is. Brian Snow (247 national analyst) has actually been the one that is very adamant that they will not attend the same school. I'm assuming you are saying the guys here are saying differently. If they both end up at Purdue, that would be a good selling point for the guys here to get more subscribers. If not... well...

To say the Fanklin and Newman cannot play together in college is crazy. Newman will play the wing in college @ the 2/3 positions. He will work with his 6'4 frame and long arms and ability to defend most 3s @ the 3 often. He will also play @ the 2.......All depends on match-ups. College runs often a 3 guard game which CMP employs nearly all the time. AF And BN can play together in college. Sure they don't have to -- but to say they cannot, is crazy talk.

Wherever Newman goes he will be on a roster with multiple guards and wings so he will have to contend with that anywhere.

At Purdue, Newman is wanted to be a starter and would wok great in CMPs motion offense. Hope he comes here. If not, it is not the end of the world, as other guards will materialize next year. But CMP has made it clear to him both that he is badly wanted and that both he and Newman can play here.

To say the Fanklin and Newman cannot play together in college is crazy. Newman will play the wing in college @ the 2/3 positions. He will work with his 6'4 frame and long arms and ability to defend most 3s @ the 3 often. He will also play @ the 2.......All depends on match-ups. College runs often a 3 guard game which CMP employs nearly all the time. AF And BN can play together in college. Sure they don't have to -- but to say they cannot, is crazy talk.

Wherever Newman goes he will be on a roster with multiple guards and wings so he will have to contend with that anywhere.

At Purdue, Newman is wanted to be a starter and would wok great in CMPs motion offense. Hope he comes here. If not, it is not the end of the world, as other guards will materialize next year. But CMP has made it clear to him both that he is badly wanted and that both he and Newman can play here.
No one is saying they CAN'T play together. There has been reporting that Newman doesn't WANT to play at the same school. Big difference.

Knowing the kind of coach Painter is, he's not going to oversign (unless Hall doesn't commit). Have a strong feeling Painter is holding 1 scholarship open for Newman/Franklin and the other for Hall. Unless Carsen comes to Painter early and tells him this is his last year no matter what, or if someone decides to transfer mid-year, I see Painter treating this like a 4 man class. I've just yet to see Painter ever oversign on a class in 13 years and I don't expect this year to be any different.

I think those reports are likely coming from and reinforced by iu people reporting that..... :)

Brian Snow is NATIONAL analyst, not an IU analyst. He's the one reporting that both Franklin and Newman aren't going to play with one another. And like I said above, I don't see Painter taking both unless Hall commits elsewhere. He's not going to oversign imo.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Personally, I don't understand that...I don't understand how a kid could be in-between Purdue and IU. Once you go to one or the other, you begin to hate the other. How could your second choice become your most hated rival?

Personally, I don't understand that...I don't understand how a kid could be in-between Purdue and IU. Once you go to one or the other, you begin to hate the other. How could your second choice become your most hated rival?

Dumbest thing I have ever heard. None of these guys are on an IU or Purdue roster and both are looking at the school that gives them the best chance to succeed at the next level. It's like saying a kid from West Lafayette shouldn't go to Notre Dame to play football because he grew up a Purdue fan. I don't understand that logic. These guys don't hate IU and/or Purdue as 16,17 year old kids like us fans. Guys are down to UK and Duke every year or Duke and North Carolina every year. They are choosing to go to a school that bets prepares them for the next level, not because of fandom.

Dumbest thing I have ever heard. None of these guys are on an IU or Purdue roster and both are looking at the school that gives them the best chance to succeed at the next level. It's like saying a kid from West Lafayette shouldn't go to Notre Dame to play football because he grew up a Purdue fan. I don't understand that logic. These guys don't hate IU and/or Purdue as 16,17 year old kids like us fans. Guys are down to UK and Duke every year or Duke and North Carolina every year. They are choosing to go to a school that bets prepares them for the next level, not because of fandom.

Sheesh...dumbest thing you have ever heard? Exaggerate much?

Brian Snow is NATIONAL analyst, not an IU analyst. He's the one reporting that both Franklin and Newman aren't going to play with one another. And like I said above, I don't see Painter taking both unless Hall commits elsewhere. He's not going to oversign imo.

Yes I know. Again....I said that report was just crazy speculative talk....& that was also reinforced by the pay site here.

And since then iu people have latched onto that report as the gospel for either Franklin OR Newman going to iu......

Believe though that Painter is recruiting both AF & BN HARD....and likely will take 5 -- if he can land both and Hall.

Yes I know. Again....I said that report was just crazy speculative talk....& that was also reinforced by the pay site here.

And since then iu people have latched onto that report as the gospel for either Franklin OR Newman going to iu......

Believe though that Painter is recruiting both AF & BN HARD....and likely will take 5 -- if he can land both and Hall.

I think it more stems that Purdue isn't getting Franklin and Newman and then IU becomes the next logical choice for the odd man out. Franklin's top 3 includes Purdue, IU, and Xavier. Franklin has taken official visits to IU and Purdue and never scheduled one to Xavier. So the belief is that Franklin is down to IU and Purdue. Newman just released his top 4 which is the same as Franklin's + Ohio State. Now I could certainly see a scenario where Franklin goes to Purdue and Newman goes to Ohio State or Xavier, but it is of my opinion that Indiana and Purdue are the top 2 choices for both Franklin and Newman, and I don't see either going to the same school, nor would I expect Painter to take both before Hall commits.

Yep it is. Brian Snow (247 national analyst) has actually been the one that is very adamant that they will not attend the same school. I'm assuming you are saying the guys here are saying differently. If they both end up at Purdue, that would be a good selling point for the guys here to get more subscribers. If not... well...
Do you really think Snow has the best intel when it comes to a Purdue recruit from the region? Lol.

Do you really think Snow has the best intel when it comes to a Purdue recruit from the region? Lol.
Brian himself reported today that Newman "had some questions about playing with Franklin". Don't act like it's some made up story when your own reporter is reporting it. And yes, I 100% trust national guys over school specific reporters. There is way less of a bias.

Brian himself reported today that Newman "had some questions about playing with Franklin". Don't act like it's some made up story when your own reporter is reporting it. And yes, I 100% trust national guys over school specific reporters. There is way less of a bias.
1. He did not say that today

2. Don’t you have an IU board to go to?

1. I could post the screenshot of his comments word for word. They were Sunday at 6:16 PM. So yes, based on Brian's reporting Newman has admitted to having questions about playing with Franklin.

2. I actually have memberships to 2 IU boards.
Good job backtracking and twisting words. Go to one of your IU sites. Obsession doesn’t suit you.

Good job backtracking and twisting words. Go to one of your IU sites. Obsession doesn’t suit you.
Backtracking how? Because I said he said it today? Lol okay. The point is that Newman has concerns about playing with Franklin. End of story.

I'm talking about 2 potential IU players, so I dont know how that is "obsessing".

Reactions: StewieRobinsonNW26
Backtracking how? Because I said he said it today? Lol okay. The point is that Newman has concerns about playing with Franklin. End of story.

I'm talking about 2 potential IU players, so I dont know how that is "obsessing".
Twisting words and ignoring other words, like when he was directly asked about it. Go away.

So I guess as a summary, it does appear that Newman has concerns playing with Franklin, but that the Purdue staff tried to ease those concerns this weekend. I think it will come down to which staff does a better job selling this issue, because I'm sure IU's staff will be trying to reinforce his fears this weekend.

Twisting words and ignoring other words, like when he was directly asked about it. Go away.
What words did I twist, and what words did I ignore? I didnt include the part where he said Purdue said all the right words, but that wasn't the question. The question was whether he had concerns about playing with Franklin. The clear answer there is yes.

Reactions: StewieRobinsonNW26
Purdue leads for Hall and Franklin with Newman being
What words did I twist, and what words did I ignore? I didnt include the part where he said Purdue said all the right words, but that wasn't the question. The question was whether he had concerns about playing with Franklin. The clear answer there is yes.
You spend an unhealthy amount of time reading quotes from 17 year old kids.

Reactions: PU RPH
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT