ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting - New

Good point… although he had to pay income taxes on his NiL money and scholarships and room and board are tax free. Not a big deal for him since he would be in state and, yeah $200k. But it’s also hard to recruit every year when you have that deep of a team.
$400K per year, but yeah only 5 guys can play at a time and only 1 ball.

Yeah, you think Nijel Pack would have been OK walking on with the deal he got? Who needs scholarships?
First, who said he would be walking on?

Second, we literally are panicking on who are starting guard will be next year. You cannot convince me that bringing on more guards is a net negative.

Reactions: Purdue_BS_90
I hope he wants to be a boilermaker and doesn't succumb to the nil possibilities.
I'll feel alot better when he signs...long wait though

Flashbacks to Glengarry Glen Ross.....

LNI, NIL.....just sign it, please......

Matt Painter's done a really good job with recruiting them....has the potential to be a dynamite team.....but, yeah......the Boilerepherine takes over and it's "What's going to go wrong now?"

5c8fe125-d05a-4b48-b957-7f5f54b4186f_text.gif

I hope he wants to be a boilermaker and doesn't succumb to the nil possibilities.
I'll feel alot better when he signs...long wait though
Naw. Lenny has been telling us for years how successful he is. Now that it's legal, he finally has a chance to show how important Purdue recruiting really is to him. He'll come forward with the NIL money

Some pf/ sf Purdue was recruiting ranked around #51 just chose Iowa over Purdue and UW. I guess he was scared of the competition to play at Purdue! So how many more scholarships are available?

Yes, it was Koch but he is 2024. We have another spot for 2023 and it looks like we are going after a center with the recent offer to Booth. Booker is a long shot at this point. We may have another scholarship if Edey or someone else leaves.

ok, thanks. looking at this year's draft and the quality of players who were not drafted, i would expect Edey to stay at Purdue for 3-4 years rather than going pro early. I'm not sure how his game translates to the NBA.

Has Booker released his list? What's the inside word on where we stand with him?
A class with him, Colvin and Gibbs would probably be a Top 2-3 ever Purdue class.

Has Booker released his list? What's the inside word on where we stand with him?
A class with him, Colvin and Gibbs would probably be a Top 2-3 ever Purdue class.
I read somewhere he was down to either Duke or Mich St.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT