ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting - New

If UNC joins the SEC or B1G, that will impact Duke for sure.
Agreed. I would have liked to see the B10 go after UNC and FSU instead of USC and UCLA. But Duke won't fit into any super conferences because of football.

Agreed. I would have liked to see the B10 go after UNC and FSU instead of USC and UCLA. But Duke won't fit into any super conferences because of football.
My guess is the GOR deal was too much of a hurdle to mess with, especially if there are other attractive options like USC and UCLA.

Kind of reminds me of the UNC situation when Dean Smith retired and they hired Bill Gutheridge and Matt Doherty.
I just question whether tradition and the Cameron Crazies is enough to keep up when they're facilities and nothing special and you have the UNC behemoth down the road.
They hired a former Nike executive on their staff so flow of cash will remain steady.

Reactions: TX4GB
I'm not really sure why Booker is ranked where he is right now. I'm sure he played great in aau but from the high school games I've seen he seems soft and unmotivated,especially for his talent level. Does Colvin look taller than the 6'4" he is listed at or is that just me?

That was his biggest knock until he turned it on starting with the IHSAA tourney. Motivation came in some form or another.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
That was his biggest knock until he turned it on starting with the IHSAA tourney. Motivation came in some form or another.
He had some impressive showings at Pangos Elite camp which helped launch his ranking.

I agree on his motor which makes me think that if he goes to a place like Duke - the moment he doesn't engage his motor is the moment he watches his playing time evaporate.

something that is not being discussed much. The NBA is seriously thinking of changing its entrance requirements from 19 to 18. this could eliminate a lot of one and done players, and also NIL deals. admittedly, it would probably only involve about 5 players actually being drafted. But it could involve more players signing developmental deals for NBA teams and skipping college and creating an official minor league for the NBA. and if the 5 best players do get drafted, it would also have a huge domino effect as teams like Duke change their recruiting philosophy and start going after the same players purdue is going after.

Reactions: Zaphod_B

FSU isn’t part of the Association of American Universities so I doubt we have ever considered them. Nebraska only got invited because they were still part of it until 2011. They wouldn’t be invited now I don’t think.

69551655.jpg

So now, with DGL decommitting, where does Purdue go from here? Do we start turning over rocks? Or do we just bank our scholarships and focus on 2024?

So now, with DGL decommitting, where does Purdue go from here? Do we start turning over rocks? Or do we just bank our scholarships and focus on 2024?
Parker Friedrichsen is out there still but hard to get back to our standing with him before the DGL commit. Parker, it was always you!

Cameron Christie - committed to Minnesota

Davis Loury - no news or predictions

Brandon White - no news or predictions

Joey Hart - narrowed it down recently to 4 mid major schools. No offer from us.

Carey Booth - no activity since the offer in June. Came in late. Shows warm for Penn St.

Lawrent Rice - no news or predictions.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Parker Friedrichsen is out there still but hard to get back to our standing with him before the DGL commit. Parker, it was always you!

Cameron Christie - committed to Minnesota

Davis Loury - no news or predictions

Brandon White - no news or predictions

Joey Hart - narrowed it down recently to 4 mid major schools. No offer from us.

Carey Booth - no activity since the offer in June. Came in late. Shows warm for Penn St.

Lawrent Rice - no news or predictions.
Did teams layoff of Parker? I don't see much current information after his decommit. Seems he/we would be a good get for both parties.

Did teams layoff of Parker? I don't see much current information after his decommit. Seems he/we would be a good get for both parties.
He backed out of his commitment to Oklahoma St. this article from a couple days ago mentioned:
Creighton
Nebraska
Northwestern
Cincinnati

Also visited Davidson.

He backed out of his commitment to Oklahoma St. this article from a couple days ago mentioned:
Creighton
Nebraska
Northwestern
Cincinnati

Also visited Davidson.

It would be worth a phone call to see if he is still interested. Other than Creighton, I don't see any other real competition unless Nebraska alumni start throwing NIL money at hoops too. Not the same explosive diversity that DGL brought to roster unfortunately, but you can't ever have enough skill and shooting. Especially if the kid wants to be at Purdue for the long haul and develop.

On a side note like someone else posted in another thread, not sure if following recruiting is really worth it anymore with this changing landscape. Showing up in November and cheering for the returning guys and whoever new is on the roster might be the way to go.

It would be worth a phone call to see if he is still interested. Other than Creighton, I don't see any other real competition unless Nebraska alumni start throwing NIL money at hoops too. Not the same explosive diversity that DGL brought to roster unfortunately, but you can't ever have enough skill and shooting. Especially if the kid wants to be at Purdue for the long haul and develop.

On a side note like someone else posted in another thread, not sure if following recruiting is really worth it anymore with this changing landscape. Showing up in November and cheering for the returning guys and whoever new is on the roster might be the way to go.
Yep, I hear you and starting to feel that way.

pass. Don't we have a bunch of players with similar profiles. Looks like a Northwestern kid. Let them have him.

pass. Don't we have a bunch of players with similar profiles. Looks like a Northwestern kid. Let them have him.
Well, unfortunately an offer sheet like that would be a big step up from some of the guys we've been accepting commitments from lately and, other guys we continue to recruit.

Reactions: bonefish1
I decided to start a NEW 2023 Recruiting thread. Hopefully this one will not get derailed......

Current Commits
Myles Colvin - SG

Player - Position - Rivals Ranking - Notes (Courtesy of njm8845)
Rayvon Griffith - SF - 41 - contacted by Purdue Out of the Running
Matas Buzelis - SF - 10 - offer, visited 30-Jun Out of the Running
Xavier Booker - PF - 96 - offer, visited 4-Sep Michigan State
Dravin Gibbs - PG - 70 - De-Committed From Purdue - Recruitment Open
Jeremy Fears - PG - 27 - offer Committed to Michigan State
Brandon White - C - 38 - offered
George Washington III - SG - 46 - contacted by Purdue Committed to Ohio State
Parker Friedrichsen - SG - 103 - offer, visited 2-Oct - Decommitted from Oklahoma State - Recruitment Open
Davius Loury - PF - 99 - offered
Joey Brown - PG - NR - visited 3-Jun (holds offers from Illinois and LSU)
Jalen Hooks - SF - 119 - no offer, moving to CA
Lawrent Rice - PG - 127 - offered (Shows as "warm" for Ohio State and Louisville)
Myles Colvin - SF - 75 - COMMITTED
Jermaine Coleman - SF - NR - contacted by Purdue
Joey Hart - SG - NR - visited 15-Jun (Holds offers from Northwestern, ISU, BSU, Wichita State, etc)
Owen Freeman - PF - NR - offer, visited 21-Jun Committed to Iowa
Sam Orme - SF - NR - visited 18-Jun (Butler appears to be only offer. Purdue, IU, Iowa watching)
Nolan Winter - SF - NR - contacted by Purdue (Holds offers from Wisconsin, Minnesota, Stanford, etc)
Dalen Davis - PG - NR - contacted by Purdue (Holds offers from Illinois, Nebraska, Stanford, etc)
John Blackwell - SG - NR - offer (Purdue doesn't show up on his 247 as having offered. Wisconsin does though, with a bunch of mid majors) - Committed to Wisconsin
Davion Hill - PG - NR - contacted by Purdue (no 247 page)
Kenneth Lewis - SF - NR - contacted by Purdue (no 247 page)
Christ Essandoko - C - NR - contacted by Purdue Committed to Providence
Carey Booth - PF - 70 - Offered (Shows as "warm" for Penn State)
Dominique Murphy class of 25 have moved up from #25-to 10 in the sophomore class

Reactions: ChuckJr
Is Purdue and Painter still actively recruiting DGL, or is it one of those if you open back up there is no coming back type of deals?
I would assume we're still actively recruiting him. Could be completely wrong, but this is the style of recruiting now. Players are going to decommit and search until it's time to sign.

I would assume we're still actively recruiting him. Could be completely wrong, but this is the style of recruiting now. Players are going to decommit and search until it's time to sign.

I guess it would depend on why he decommitted. If it was for NIL, maybe, and that's a big maybe, he'll consider if he gets some kind of deal at Purdue. Otherwise, I think it's doubtful he'll recommit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT