ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting - New

That’s my point. We don’t have Ishbia/Gilbert money.
I get your point. The point I'm making is that Purdue needs to figure out how to harness the industrial & commercial corporations that utilize Purdue for research. It needs to start becoming a package deal that also support these corporations from an employee recruiting perspective.

We do. It's just in the hands of corporations, not private equity...

That’s my point. We don’t have Ishbia/Gilbert money.

I get your point. The point I'm making is that Purdue needs to figure out how to harness the industrial & commercial corporations that utilize Purdue for research. It needs to start becoming a package deal that also support these corporations from an employee recruiting perspective.

Interesting points to consider. I do think it's a little tougher with the corporation connection in that they have generally more limitations and also procedural hoops to jump through concerning these relationships.

Purdue does need more innovation in this area....and out-of-the-box is not always the University's forte......but there are plenty of really smart people affiliated with Purdue.....they'll figure it out, but it may not always be aligned with our timing expectations.

Interesting points to consider. I do think it's a little tougher with the corporation connection in that they have generally more limitations and also procedural hoops to jump through concerning these relationships.

Purdue does need more innovation in this area....and out-of-the-box is not always the University's forte......but there are plenty of really smart people affiliated with Purdue.....they'll figure it out, but it may not always be aligned with our timing expectations.
So hear me out - we need to get this guy to do some NFT's for NIL deals so we can tap into that market.

I mean, he literally exited the NFT market and made $70m?? I am sure his creativity can get us to the next level.

Don’t see how publicly held corporations would be able to do much, unless it was a legit sponsorship deal. But maybe there are loopholes.

Reactions: purduepat1969
The NIL money has gotten out of hand with the reporting of NIL deals in excess of $12 million for one player. That is crazy and the NCAA knows it. I am very sure that they are investigating a number of these deals and there are going to be new rules regulating them. I am fairly confident that a number of NILs will be found to violate NCAA regs already existing. Reform will be coming. How it then sorts out is questionable, but the present situation is untenable.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I think we are checking out Carey Booth on the KC team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monk1014
That's a really weird mix of schools.
Yeah, his current school is in the St Louis area it looks like from 247 but it also shows a HS in the Philly area. Originally from England.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about a comment made earlier. it said Myles really needs to shin at these tournaments so he can raise his ratings? and I ask why? he alrady has a college scholarship. he's already committed. how is is having a better rating going to benefit him? I can see where it would benefit purdue's recruiting ranking, but nothing more. and high class rankings don't win ball games.

so tell me, why does Miles need a higher rating? if he wants to got to the pros, he shines on the court and goes to the combine. he doesn't need a higher rating to do that. a higher rating isn't going to get him mre playing time at Purdue.

it seems kind of selfish for fans to want players to get higher ratings. I'd rather he improved his defense and ball handling skills and his freethrows rather than improve his ratings.

Out of this whole thread, you picked out a message from February to respond to in order to give us your great insight? Hilarious!
No, what is hilarious is that anyone would think PU had a shot at Booker. Also, as slow as this board is just about every person you answer is from months ago. But, ok.

No, what is hilarious is that anyone would think PU had a shot at Booker. Also, as slow as this board is just about every person you answer is from months ago. But, ok.
It's an eight page thread. You responded to a post on page one. Obviously his recruitment has dramatically changed in the nearly six months since that post was made. No one on here thinks Purdue is leading for Booker.

You've got a lot of material to make fun of us about. This isn't one of those topics. Try harder.

Reactions: Poprudy
It's an eight page thread. You responded to a post on page one. Obviously his recruitment has dramatically changed in the nearly six months since that post was made. No one on here thinks Purdue is leading for Booker.

You've got a lot of material to make fun of us about. This isn't one of those topics. Try harder.
Wasn’t making fun. Just stating facts but for what it is worth, he is not going to IU either.

Agree this was a thread pre his blow up. Remember when Dra and Myles were ranked higher at the time.

Agree this was a thread pre his blow up. Remember when Dra and Myles were ranked higher at the time.
Xavier Booker could be an incredible player, could be a dud. Ceiling is ten, floor is a 6. I'm very confident Myles Colvin will be a great player and gets drafted. Ceiling is a 9.5, floor is a 7. The two we've got would have been my top two picks. Would love Booker (obviously it seems that ship has sailed), but I think we'll be able to find a couple more to round that class out really nicely.

Xavier Booker could be an incredible player, could be a dud. Ceiling is ten, floor is a 6. I'm very confident Myles Colvin will be a great player and gets drafted. Ceiling is a 9.5, floor is a 7. The two we've got would have been my top two picks. Would love Booker (obviously it seems that ship has sailed), but I think we'll be able to find a couple more to round that class out really nicely.
Agreed.

And that 1 year he will be in college, 2023-24, we will likely have TKR and Furst up front, so we don’t need him as much as we need Myles and DGL.

I'm not really sure why Booker is ranked where he is right now. I'm sure he played great in aau but from the high school games I've seen he seems soft and unmotivated,especially for his talent level. Does Colvin look taller than the 6'4" he is listed at or is that just me?

Scheyer has 3 top 20 kids committed for the 2023 class.
Kind of reminds me of the UNC situation when Dean Smith retired and they hired Bill Gutheridge and Matt Doherty.
I just question whether tradition and the Cameron Crazies is enough to keep up when they're facilities and nothing special and you have the UNC behemoth down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT