ADVERTISEMENT

The kerfuffle with IU just before the end of the 1st half that resulted in a Jones technical foul...

What happened there?

1. Jones got knocked down, foul on IU.
  2. Words were exchanged and Zach stepped in to displace everyone to different zip codes.
  3. Lance steps to the line for his free throw (1 & 1 or two shots -- not sure), hits the first one.
  4. Then says something to the IU player and gets a technical? <-- What was said to warrant a techie, guessing it was not something about his socks?
  5. IU shoots their technical foul shots.
  6. Jones return the line to finish his shots.
  7. Play resumes.

Does the NCAA / B10 leave it up to ref to determine when language is so inappropriate to warrant a technical foul or are the rules pretty clear that if you say non-allowed FCC words it automatic?

Woodson

He used 3 in the first half . He used one early, the second was at around 630 which was super weird because they actually were playing us well then, it allowed Edey to come in, and it was to be a tv timeout, and then he used a third when they got an inbound pass with 0.3 seconds left.
I just rewound back to the start of the 2nd half and they had 3 remaining. Don't know how to copy a picture here.

This is our state. If we rename the state of Indiana to the state of Purdue, will the team down south be known as the Purdue Hoosiers?

Indinia has likely 2 more losses and little to no quality wins. I just can't see them making the tournament at this late stage of the game. They only have 7 games to do something they have not been able to achieve in their previous 20.

Oh wait, are you talking about their girls team?

Purdue IU thread

I’m sorry Michael, I’m not playing anyone over 30 minutes in a 35 point loss, those two played over 30, Terry and Layden 27 or so, that’s to many for me in a blowout, maybe girls like McKenna, Monson, Reynolds are banged up, that’s maybe a reason. I know this, ready for the Sr class to be done and over with. This is brutal, I was fooled, I thought this was a tourney team, way off with that one.
At what point do you suggest throwing in the towel then and giving up? Beginning of the 4th quarter and make it a 50 point loss as neither Mila nor Alaina could guard Holmes and the only bench players hitting baskets were Swanson and occasionally McKenna? Who do you think of the bench players beyond Swanson is showing they deserve more minutes in the time they do get?

Delusional Indiana fans are at it again..."Gabe cupps is what national college basketball media talking heads act like Braden smith is"

Leal is a decent wide open shooter but is limited in his abilities…does he have a covid year? CJ finally shot it really well, but I’m guessing he may transfer, along with Banks. Ware and Mgbako are more than likely gone (although if they’re both back then it makes IU better), rumors of Reneau maybe going back home to finish his career, gallo has a covid year, so he may be back—he’s best as a sixth man. Cupps…oof he has a LOT to do to be able to compete at this level. I’m sure he will work hard over the summer, but got to imagine woody is going to recruit over him.
Oh crap who will they have left? Walker and X age out. Gallo, Leal, Cupps, Sparks, McNeeley, Newton, and a bunch of transfers…
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00

Poll: Can IL win out heading into Purdue game?

IL has been vocal about looking forward to playing Purdue in Champaign. Assuming that Purdue wins the games that it should heading into that game, the question is whether IL can win enough games for the Purdue game to be impactful to the Big Ten race. See below for their remaining schedule and win likelihood % from ESPN analytics, which would suggest that they'll lose 2 or 3 of those upcoming games:

at MSU - 43%
vs UM - 93%
at MD - 66%
at PSU - 78%
vs IA - 86%
vs MN - 91%
at WI - 41%
That equates to a 15% chance they win those games out (obviously not counting msu game).

Woodson

He actually didn't use 2 in the first half. The graphic was wrong. The refs were looking at the clock and the graphic took a timeout off the board instead.

But he did use a timeout in the first half when there was a TV timeout coming at the next whistle, at something like 6:30 left.
He used 3 in the first half . He used one early, the second was at around 630 which was super weird because they actually were playing us well then, it allowed Edey to come in, and it was to be a tv timeout, and then he used a third when they got an inbound pass with 0.3 seconds left.

Delusional Indiana fans are at it again..."Gabe cupps is what national college basketball media talking heads act like Braden smith is"

At least two or three of that front line leave this year. They need more than an elite PG to turn it around.
They supposedly have an elite shooter coming next year, but he's not a PG. If their front line guys leave and they don't replace them through the portal, it will be another long season for them.

Purdue IU thread

Only Stevenson and Caitlyn got 30 or more minutes, and there is not a credible backup for either of them. I would not have minded Swanson and McKenna getting more minutes. McKenna finally started finding the bottom of the net going 2-2 from the field, but did not get another run after her good showing. I do not understand the staff's faith in Smith, she produces nothing far more often than contributes in games. The problem for me becomes if I don't trust Gearlds to put the best players on the floor, how can I trust her to develop the players to their best in practice? Once that trust is broken, she needs to pack her bags and move on as far as I am concerned..

As far as playing the seniors less and not having confidence in the freshmen.... they are freshmen, and half of them were unranked 3star recruits. They were expected to need a couple of years of development to be contributors. Who would you play instead of the current starters? Jones and Smith have shown they are not ready for starter roles, hell Smith doesn't seem ready for ANY minutes. I have supported Swanson getting more minutes as I feel she brings something no one else on the bench is bringing as a microwave kind of player unafraid to shoot early and often, but she is not a strong defender and not ready to start. Monson needs time, McKenna is only now starting to show a little scoring ability, and the sophmores are both pretty useless most games. So losing by 40 with the freshmen to Nebraska at our house instead of having a chance to win seems silly. Once we are mathematically eliminated for WNIT, then maybe just run out the white flag and play to lose with the underclassmen, but I think that would hurt us in recruiting for years down the road.
I’m sorry Michael, I’m not playing anyone over 30 minutes in a 35 point loss, those two played over 30, Terry and Layden 27 or so, that’s to many for me in a blowout, maybe girls like McKenna, Monson, Reynolds are banged up, that’s maybe a reason. I know this, ready for the Sr class to be done and over with. This is brutal, I was fooled, I thought this was a tourney team, way off with that one.

i was there too. But danged if I can remember that site.
I thought/think that iu is pretty close. A good pg away from being tough to handle. That front line has some guys and Leal and CJ? looked decent shooting the ball.
An elite pg and they'll be right back.
At least two or three of that front line leave this year. They need more than an elite PG to turn it around.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT