ADVERTISEMENT

Steven Reynolds III

Historically, "the region" has not been good to us. That may have swung back a bit in the past decade.
The lengths to how far the Region expands beyond I-65 and US 30 is often debated by Regionites. But, by no means is South Bend part of The Region, aka, The Calumet River Region.

Agree with @Chi-Boiler , Purdue should be a favorite here with some of his sisters already on campus.

I have seen several of his games he is legit. IMO he is a day one starter no matter who might be perceived ahead of him. By no means is he a lock for Purdue. MSU and ND are willing to break the bank to get him. I think we are appealing to him as he is a lifelong fan. Kid is clutch when you need a basket, he finds a way to deliver. He leads his team rather than getting his own. IMO there isn't a better player in 2026 class. His 2025 sister Kira is the best HS player of the sisters. SR3 may not be the best Reynolds at Purdue Kira is as dominating a player as I have seen. She claims to win in head-to-head vs Steven she also is ranked as a 4 star and Indiana's best. Great family of coach's dad is the women's coach at SB and mom is the assistant. Steven is now listed at 6'5 so those 1 on 1 games against 6'4 Kira might even out now. We need SR3 it's that simple to me.

I have seen several of his games he is legit. IMO he is a day one starter no matter who might be perceived ahead of him. By no means is he a lock for Purdue. MSU and ND are willing to break the bank to get him. I think we are appealing to him as he is a lifelong fan. Kid is clutch when you need a basket, he finds a way to deliver. He leads his team rather than getting his own. IMO there isn't a better player in 2026 class. His 2025 sister Kira is the best HS player of the sisters. SR3 may not be the best Reynolds at Purdue Kira is as dominating a player as I have seen. She claims to win in head-to-head vs Steven she also is ranked as a 4 star and Indiana's best. Great family of coach's dad is the women's coach at SB and mom is the assistant. Steven is now listed at 6'5 so those 1 on 1 games against 6'4 Kira might even out now. We need SR3 it's that simple to me.
I feel like the rumored “base salary” approach the bball team takes to NIL might need to change if we want to get kids like this!

Reactions: oldboiler52
I feel like the rumored “base salary” approach the bball team takes to NIL might need to change if we want to get kids like this!
I don’t know because you’re going to get yourself in a bind, IMO. Let’s say you promise him 2x more than a freshman and now his guaranteed cash is at or higher than a returning player. One of those core returning players is upset and decides to hit the portal, now your net 0 with players. That is assuming you only lose 1 kid because of shifting NIL for them.

So now your mid recruiting cycle and every other kids catches wind of what you offered, now your expectations of payments for new kids is going up. Now you’re scrambling to secure more funds to mark everyone up to keep the team together or figure out a new approach to getting kids.

I think your best approach is to show base + annual growth from sales of merchandise etc. Same way Painter preaches that there will be minutes if you work for it, there will be more money if you market yourself well.

I don’t know because you’re going to get yourself in a bind, IMO. Let’s say you promise him 2x more than a freshman and now his guaranteed cash is at or higher than a returning player. One of those core returning players is upset and decides to hit the portal, now your net 0 with players. That is assuming you only lose 1 kid because of shifting NIL for them.

So now your mid recruiting cycle and every other kids catches wind of what you offered, now your expectations of payments for new kids is going up. Now you’re scrambling to secure more funds to mark everyone up to keep the team together or figure out a new approach to getting kids.

I think your best approach is to show base + annual growth from sales of merchandise etc. Same way Painter preaches that there will be minutes if you work for it, there will be more money if you market yourself well.
I believe we will see teams like IU and BYU run into this if they get those high ranked portal guys plus high ranked recruits mixed in with “foundational” guys (Sisley) and you create exactly what you mentioned.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

Anyone with a brain could see this coming.
Professional sports with no salary cap, free agency but with no contract.

I believe we will see teams like IU and BYU run into this if they get those high ranked portal guys plus high ranked recruits mixed in with “foundational” guys (Sisley) and you create exactly what you mentioned.
For BYU what happens when the results don’t match the investment? Does all that money disappear next year? Is that roster going to all jump in the portal and have to redo it all over again?

I think Duke has it right by basically having a GM who handles all the NIL stuff. Separates it and basically makes it a pro team.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
I'm very concerned about pay for play hitting the HS level.
It is to a certain degree….

Coaches from the prep schools are out at tournaments etc and see these kids. I’m sure it is some sort of recruitment like a college. Explain development, education and access to more elite college coaches who watch your games etc.

• Love
Reactions: oldboiler52
For BYU what happens when the results don’t match the investment? Does all that money disappear next year? Is that roster going to all jump in the portal and have to redo it all over again?

I think Duke has it right by basically having a GM who handles all the NIL stuff. Separates it and basically makes it a pro team.
How does one become a ”GM” like that?! Asking for a friend

I'm very concerned about pay for play hitting the HS level.
Way to late for that! Catching got 500k last year. Happens with feeder schools also like IMG.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT