ADVERTISEMENT

OT - NFL/Kneeling

I don't see it that way. I think the owners were weak in the beginning with Kap - thinking they would be judged as racists if they shut down any sort of anthem protest. They were no doubt secretly hoping the problem would go away. It never did go away. The President gave his thoughts on the matter - which a lot of people happen to agree with - and the players decided to revolt. End result - a shit storm that the NFL deserves every bit of for being weak on Kap out of fear of being labeled by those on the left.

Did I miss something? President Trump issued another fiery tweet once again embarrassing the Office of President, I agree. But folks, he wasnt' issuing it on a premonition. He issued it because it had been happening for more than a year now, more individuals each game. It is totally disingenuous to claim that stupid tweet was the cause of the kneeling...or the cause of outrage, either one.

are there any core values established yearns ago that people aren't going to protest? All these protests are getting old. I'm not overly happy about certain things, but using my time and resources to continually protest is a waste of time and energy. People need to do something about their unhappiness to make their lives better.[/QU
I understand the above posts, but do not agree with everything. I will agree that a lot of people agree with Trump's viewpoints. Trump did win the electoral college but did not win the popular vote, and did not come close to winning 50% of the votes cast. So he can speak anything he wants, but he doesn't represent a majority viewpoint.

I believe the U.S. flag represents the country and it's people and not the President. I believe the President should represent his people rather than his party, his personal business interests and his donors/contributors. And I have sent several emails to my own congressmen asking him to represent his people's desires rather than his party's desires when he votes. But so far, on every single issue, he has voted the party line as if ordered to do so. if people want to protest, the President's words and actions, they should protest and impeach our President, and not our U.S. Flag.

I believe if NFL players want to protest, they should find a different place and venue to do so. But they probably feel that like actors, their game actions will receive the most attention. Nobody is going to attend a daytime rally in Cleveland.

What I hate most are hypocrites. If you plan to boycott the NFL, that means to stop buying their merchandise, and stop wearing their jerseys, and stop playing fantasy football and betting on the teams. I honestly wonder how many of those people saying they are going to boycott NFL games really will follow up and do so? how many of those people actually planned on watching the games anyway? What I hate most is a businessman named Donald Trump went public and tweeted the President should NEVER get into the business of telling the NFL of how to run their business. I guess times have changed in 4 years.

What I also don't like is every time our President makes an unpopular law, he spews out misdirection garbage. While people complained about the NFL, he quietly signed a new travel ban order adding three more countries. And while the media covered the NFL, he put his new law into place with very little fanfare or attention - much like the Colts leaving Baltimore for Indianapolis. and he's stirring the pot and fueling the fire to take away attention from this week's health care vote. and tax reform and budget and lack of doing anything for Puerto Rico. It just seems to me that Mr. Trump's posts are always conveniently made to divert attention. Hmmmm, his son in law uses a personal email, hmmmm, in order to divert attention to him, let's cause a racial divide. Much like "GIMMICK" plays, those tweets can only work so often before everybody sees them for what they are. I'd love to see the man go to court rather than delaying his court cases against him or buying out his accusers. Eventually that day is coming. the GLOVE FITS !

Chief of Staff Kelly admitted Trump's original words creating this mess were not part of his script written for him. Either he has totally lost his mind, or his actions and words were intentional and have basically created a nation wide divide and riot. I have to believe he knew the reaction his words would cause, right? if we end up having riots as a result would he be charged for inciting them?

No "man" or "woman" is ever above the law.
Has there been a time a president had the majority of the population?

On thing you seem to forget with this thread, is this fire started and fueled is rapidly expanding and will soon engulf all professional sports, and will soon expand to other activities including the Olympics and college and high school activities. Are you going to boycott those functions as well? people will start taking a knee at Disneyworld. it's becoming a movement just like all those colored ribbons. and soon people will do it in mass much like the ice bucket challenge and fidget spinners.

Sadly I agree this will spread across professional sports and other venues. I still remember the shock of seeing someone, UNLV I believe, take a knee at Ross-Ade. It was like they were doing it in my living room. I was at the first Football game at Ross-Ade when " I am an American" was read pre-game and nearly fifty years later I still am filled with pride when it is played. So yes, the day Purdue allows our young men and women to take a knee during our National Anthem is the day I stop bleeding Gold and Black. Fortunately, I simply don't see that happening anytime soon. If they choose to express their opinions at a non- Purdue event... good for them them for having beliefs they are willing to take a stand on.

Last edited:
I have tremendous respect for Jackie Robinson and what he braved to open opportunities for minorities but I question this parallel. As of the 2014 Season 68% of the men playing in the NFL were Black. A distant second were the 28% who were White and third, all other racial make up was combined for 4.36%. Many things have changed since Jackie Robinson first took the field, many other things still need to change but intentionally choosing to disrespect one's country in front of millions serves no constructive purpose. And quite frankly was never meant to.

I thought many things had changed, until I received a call in 1984 from a guy who thought I felt the same way he did in Warner Robins GA. he asked me if I was bringing those N word people with me to his Kiwanis Club. he the n said he wasn't racist, but their meeting was unfortunately conducted at a private country club at a gold course, and no n word people were allowed inside the private country club and there was nothing he could do. being raised in Wisconsin and as a military officer, I will remember that call forever. I repeat, he said, I'm not racist. but there's nothing I can do. That was 1984, and that country club is probably still private and there's nothing he can do. I did something he didn't expect. I exposed him and his group to the national Kiwanis and didn't attend his dinner. .

I still remember the shock of seeing someone, UNLV I believe, take a knee at Ross-Ade.

Impressive as UNLV has never played Purdue in football much less at Ross-Ade.

Nevada played here in 2016 and about a dozen players raised a fist, but no kneeling.

Reactions: Frankie611
Impressive as UNLV has never played Purdue in football much less at Ross-Ade.

Nevada played here in 2016 and about a dozen players raised a fist, but no kneeling.

Thanks! As I stated was not sure...at my age pleased I had the right state. But you got my meaning. Appreciate the info. But I see I am not the only one that remembered..lol! Or at least "kinda" remembered.

Thanks! As I stated was not sure...at my age pleased I had the right state. But you got my meaning. Appreciate the info. But I see I am not the only one that remembered..lol! Or at least "kinda" remembered.

I had to look it up and just guessed it might be Nevada.

I was at the game, but I was standing facing the flag and not looking around disrespecting the country and thus didn't see any players do anything.

actually yes, and also a majority of the votes. not many, but a few. It wasn't Lincoln.
Well if it happened I knew it had to happen years ago. Did you notice I said population and not eligible voter? You might want to reconsider your answer?

Did I miss something? President Trump issued another fiery tweet once again embarrassing the Office of President, I agree. But folks, he wasnt' issuing it on a premonition. He issued it because it had been happening for more than a year now, more individuals each game. It is totally disingenuous to claim that stupid tweet was the cause of the kneeling...or the cause of outrage, either one.

I believe so. The president , once again went away fro m his script and spoke his mind to his followers. I lived in Montgomery , AL for a few years. the president was feeding their desires and frenzies without thinking of the potential l consequences of his words and actions. he still hasn't learned where ever he speaks, what he says will be broadcast throughout the world.

in two quick minutes and in two tweets, he offended both the NBA and NFL. and LeBron James, and LeBron isn't going to let it go. I truly believe what you saw Sunday was a direct result of Trump's words. And just wait until basketball season starts and the Oscars is on once again.. We now even talk about trump at the Miss. America pageant. and it appears there is no middle ground, primarily because he doesn't want one. he wants and fuels the divide. and every time he speaks he continues to make that divide wider.

I truly believe without his words, you would have seen 1-3 players protest. I also believe because Trump will never back down or apologize what you saw Sunday is only the beginning of what your will see in the future. I didn't believe a word North Korea's guy ever said, but Trump put him in a corner, and he has to save face by doing something, even if that means annihilating his entire country. At some point the game of chicken will end, or are each ruler doing something liken to a WWE script to beef up their own fan base by acting tough? Eventually you have to follow up on words, or they become meaningless.

We made a promise as a country after WW 2, that we would no longer be an isolationist country and we'd be the world's policeman. We created Israel and vowed with other countries to protect it. We helped form NATO and the United nations. We made that promise to the world. if our President wants to make America great again, the first words I want to hear is I'm moving my factories back to America and paying decent wages rather than looking for and making use of tax loopholes. being American means making sacrifices, not making profits! that's what real Americans do. they make sacrifices and serve their country. in my own way, I guess I'm protesting too.

I'm sorry, but this is something I feel strongly about, I'm going to quit before I say something I shouldn't. my beef is not with any Purdue poster on this board. You have all been very civil.

I thought many things had changed, until I received a call in 1984 from a guy who thought I felt the same way he did in Warner Robins GA. he asked me if I was bringing those N word people with me to his Kiwanis Club. he the n said he wasn't racist, but their meeting was unfortunately conducted at a private country club at a gold course, and no n word people were allowed inside the private country club and there was nothing he could do. being raised in Wisconsin and as a military officer, I will remember that call forever. I repeat, he said, I'm not racist. but there's nothing I can do. That was 1984, and that country club is probably still private and there's nothing he can do. I did something he didn't expect. I exposed him and his group to the national Kiwanis and didn't attend his dinner. .

Good for you for taking action against such ignorance and racism. As I also said, many things still need to change. And it is actions like yours that will continue the progress. I cannot say that any of my life experiences matches yours but I will share one. In 1974 when I took my commission in the Navy as a "baby ensign" there were still very few women officers outside the nursing field....and even fewer being trained for eventual command. The resistance I experienced was shocking to me. Even years later as a Commander I still came across those who simply believed woman should not be " in the Line". I actually had one Commanding Officer tell me I was the best Department Head he had but he couldn't rank me that way because of the other Department Heads ( i.e. Men) needing the high marks to make Command. I had a choice, to give in and accept that or be so good he had no choice but to rank me as # one. Eventually my performance left him "no choice"...His words not mine. That's the day I truly understood you can change people's actions but not necessarily their beliefs. But you know what, changing actions is a good start.

I believe so. The president , once again went away fro m his script and spoke his mind to his followers. I lived in Montgomery , AL for a few years. the president was feeding their desires and frenzies without thinking of the potential l consequences of his words and actions. he still hasn't learned where ever he speaks, what he says will be broadcast throughout the world.

in two quick minutes and in two tweets, he offended both the NBA and NFL. and LeBron James, and LeBron isn't going to let it go. I truly believe what you saw Sunday was a direct result of Trump's words. And just wait until basketball season starts and the Oscars is on once again.. We now even talk about trump at the Miss. America pageant. and it appears there is no middle ground, primarily because he doesn't want one. he wants and fuels the divide. and every time he speaks he continues to make that divide wider.

I truly believe without his words, you would have seen 1-3 players protest. I also believe because Trump will never back down or apologize what you saw Sunday is only the beginning of what your will see in the future. I didn't believe a word North Korea's guy ever said, but Trump put him in a corner, and he has to save face by doing something, even if that means annihilating his entire country. At some point the game of chicken will end, or are each ruler doing something liken to a WWE script to beef up their own fan base by acting tough? Eventually you have to follow up on words, or they become meaningless.

We made a promise as a country after WW 2, that we would no longer be an isolationist country and we'd be the world's policeman. We created Israel and vowed with other countries to protect it. We helped form NATO and the United nations. We made that promise to the world. if our President wants to make America great again, the first words I want to hear is I'm moving my factories back to America and paying decent wages rather than looking for and making use of tax loopholes. being American means making sacrifices, not making profits! that's what real Americans do. they make sacrifices and serve their country. in my own way, I guess I'm protesting too.

I'm sorry, but this is something I feel strongly about, I'm going to quit before I say something I shouldn't. my beef is not with any Purdue poster on this board. You have all been very civil.

Please don't expect me to defend President Trump's actions- I can't. I also have enjoyed your posts..even about our "no Zone" basketball team...lol.

I had to look it up and just guessed it might be Nevada.

I was at the game, but I was standing facing the flag and not looking around disrespecting the country and thus didn't see any players do anything.

I was here in North Carolina watching on TV. The cameras held on them so anyone watching from home could not miss it. Thanks again!

Good for you for taking action against such ignorance and racism. As I also said, many things still need to change. And it is actions like yours that will continue the progress. I cannot say that any of my life experiences matches yours but I will share one. In 1974 when I took my commission in the Navy as a "baby ensign" there were still very few women officers outside the nursing field....and even fewer being trained for eventual command. The resistance I experienced was shocking to me. Even years later as a Commander I still came across those who simply believed woman should not be " in the Line". I actually had one Commanding Officer tell me I was the best Department Head he had but he couldn't rank me that way because of the other Department Heads ( i.e. Men) needing the high marks to make Command. I had a choice, to give in and accept that or be so good he had no choice but to rank me as # one. Eventually my performance left him "no choice"...His words not mine. That's the day I truly understood you can change people's actions but not necessarily their beliefs. But you know what, changing actions is a good start.

You and my wife are much alike and faced many of the same obstacles. . She still outranks me even after retiring.

Players have the right to kneel and paying customers have the right to turn off the channel/cable. We just turned off cable and the antenna guy is coming on Tuesday. When I called, he indicated that all he does anymore is antenna installation as so many people are quitting cable.

I would let the free market handle this issue. If enough paying customers support kneeling during the anthem, then so be it. If a sufficient number does not, then the players and the NFL will have to figure out another approach.

I like the free market idea!

But I would add, owners have the right to fire employees.

Ben Shapiro made an interesting point:

"We would have been outraged if Obama had told teams to fire players who took a knee out of protest against abortion (or some aspect of America that they disliked)".

Trump probably shouldn't have weighed in on this, but that's just Trump being himself.

You need me to spell it out for you?

OK-

1. Who said we don't need regulation? (Answer: no one, but feel free to keep arguing! by the way, the mortgage crisis was created by both democrats and republicans.)

2. Who said no one was watching the NFL? (Answer: again, no one)

Well conservatives always say we don't need regulation.

And come on man... "democrat" politicians? They are neoliberals. They look at each other and say "financially liberal?? But we are politicians ... we are already RICH. Let's just basically be fiscally conservative and socially liberal"
I think what we're finding is that most people disagree with the premise that blacks are being routinely rounded up and shot by police. I think people just kind of rolled their eyes at the few who were kneeling. Now that we are seeing more and more athletes kneeling and now entire teams not coming out of the locker room...I think people are saying enough is enough. I think they're saying we don't buy the premise that blacks are being arbitrarily shot. I think they're saying a big chunk of the responsibility (if not all of the responsibility) falls on the people who have committed a crime or are suspected of committing a crime and are not following police commands. What they seem to be saying is that White/black/yellow/...if you do not follow the commands of a police officer, you run the risk of being arrested, tackled, tazed, and even shot. These protests don't seem to factor in the responsibility on the part of the suspects for their behavior during their interactions with police.

I tend to think this is how most people feel who have issues with these protests.

Do you wish to discuss the circumstances revolving the recent acquittal in St. Louis? The facts, which no one is disputing, disagree greatly with your assessment.

If you need to ask why, it's obvious that you're not a veteran.
I'm a veteran, and I'd ask the same question.

I can picture you already concocting a "no true Scotsman" argument in your head, so I'll elaborate... I'm a former Marine Corps Scout-Sniper, meritoriously 3x, honorably discharged after 4 years as a Sergeant and Scout-Sniper Team Leader with 2 deployments under my belt. I stand at attention for the national anthem still, even though I as the years go by I feel less and less like the tough and trim Teufel I was back in the day. Do I like that Kap and others kneel for the anthem? Hell no. Do I think that the majority of crap is contrived as hell? Hell yes. Would I defend his/others RIGHT to do it up to and including death. Bleeping-A right I would.

I swore an oath that I would defend him and other Americans when I was a dumb kid who dropped out of the Purdue Navy ROTC program after my freshman year to enlist as a Marine grunt, much to the great consternation of my 20+ year Naval Aviator Dad (who also posts here on occasion). As far as I've been told, that oasth did not come with a time limit. I don't make many great promises and proclamations in my life, because I'm no hero and don't feel it's smart to promise a bunch of crap you can't back up. I've promised my wife I'll be faithful until death. I've promised my fire crew that I will not leave any of them behind. I've promised my nation that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States. That means ALL of it, and not just when I have the same political leanings of the Americans who are protected under its blanket. Because that is the only time during all our mouth-running about our freedoms and liberties matter a damn, when those same freedoms of someone we disagree with are being challenged.

I'm not upset here. I just wanted to address the sentiment I've seen/heard expressed a bunch during all the overwrought hand-wringing I've seen on both sides of this issue, that being the "what about the veterans who've sacrificed/died/served?!?" Well, I can't speak for other veterans except that we're not some homogeneous mass of ideologues for you to invoke when you can't find good arguments to defend your positions. I'd suggest you find more substantial cover.

Sorry to everyone who sat through this expecting a more cogent point to be made, I'll be off to a board super-lurker for another 5-10 years!

Okay, I am confused. In my original post in this discussion I stated quite plainly I supported the kneeling players right to kneel if they so chose. I simply questioned the arena and manner they chose to raise their issues. Stating I believed their purpose was not to unite but to divide. That is my honest opinion. I simply do not believe the kneeling Colts were shocked or amazed to find thousands booing at their actions rather than trying to understand their issues. I have tried to be objective about each of the responses I have received. Sadly, anytime racial division is the subject people want to twist others words or ideas furthering only more division rather than finding common points from which to build upon.

imo you are on the right track.

you...
can decide to not watch certain things like sports teams or leagues

private sector....
the teams or leagues can decide what is permissible with their employee/player protests at games

government...
political leaders should not be threatening or intimidating the private sector while said activities are legal. while unprincipled or anti-liberty, the gov. would at least have to attempt passing legislation to prohibit once-legal actions

Reactions: BoilerGal74
At some point the game of chicken will end, or are each ruler doing something liken to a WWE script to beef up their own fan base by acting tough? Eventually you have to follow up on words, or they become meaningless.

i posted the similarities to the wwe/wwf background during his campaign.

trump has 'the art of the deal'.
but he has now successfully borrowed 'the art of the storyline' from his old buddy vinny macmahon.

trump-vince-mcmahon-through-table.gif

ZDM1N2ViYmQ2NCMvdHMxWFJEMVhkN3ZMZXdwQXI1ekZBSTFYU0VnPS9maXQtaW4vNzYweDAvZmlsdGVyczpub191cHNjYWxlKCk6cXVhbGl0eSg4MCk6bm9fdXBzY2FsZSgpOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vb2t3cmxtZWZjNmF5ZTFiaDdoNXBvZ3UzcXdyaXlid3hyemhsYnRpdnF6azZqcHptYXRvaGlmeG16cXprMGtreC5naWY.gif

I was here in North Carolina watching on TV. The cameras held on them so anyone watching from home could not miss it. Thanks again!

At home I stand and look out the window at my flag flying in the front yard. Watching tv during the anthem is disrespectful.

Reactions: 8541Boiler
You need me to spell it out for you?

OK-

1. Who said we don't need regulation? (Answer: no one, but feel free to keep arguing! by the way, the mortgage crisis was created by both democrats and republicans.)

2. Who said no one was watching the NFL? (Answer: again, no one)

Well conservatives always say we don't need regulation.

And come on man... "democrat" politicians? They are neoliberals. They look at each other and say "financially liberal?? But we are politicians ... we are already RICH. Let's just basically be fiscally conservative and socially liberal"
I think what we're finding is that most people disagree with the premise that blacks are being routinely rounded up and shot by police. I think people just kind of rolled their eyes at the few who were kneeling. Now that we are seeing more and more athletes kneeling and now entire teams not coming out of the locker room...I think people are saying enough is enough. I think they're saying we don't buy the premise that blacks are being arbitrarily shot. I think they're saying a big chunk of the responsibility (if not all of the responsibility) falls on the people who have committed a crime or are suspected of committing a crime and are not following police commands. What they seem to be saying is that White/black/yellow/...if you do not follow the commands of a police officer, you run the risk of being arrested, tackled, tazed, and even shot. These protests don't seem to factor in the responsibility on the part of the suspects for their behavior during their interactions with police.

I tend to think this is how most people feel who have issues with these protests.

Do you wish to discuss the circumstances revolving the recent acquittal in St. Louis? The facts, which no one is disputing, disagree greatly with your assessment.
Are you referring to the drug dealer who was running from police?

See here is the problem for you that are trying to defend it. Set aside the fact it is almost as disrespectful as burning the flag, they are doing this in their workplace and the first amendment doesn't apply like they are trying to use it.

It's even in the NFL bylaws if I heard it right, so like Trump or not, he was right when he said they can be fired. Just like any of us if we tried some stunt like this where we work.

Bottom line is what they did was wrong and if they want to make a statement, even one that keeps changing, then like I said instead of going home to your mansions go to a soup kitchen or to the places where what you are protesting against happen and make a difference there. Until then, they and the people supporting them are just hypocrites.

Reactions: NVBoilerFan
See here is the problem for you that are trying to defend it. Set aside the fact it is almost as disrespectful as burning the flag, they are doing this in their workplace and the first amendment doesn't apply like they are trying to use it.

It's even in the NFL bylaws if I heard it right, so like Trump or not, he was right when he said they can be fired. Just like any of us if we tried some stunt like this where we work.

Bottom line is what they did was wrong and if they want to make a statement, even one that keeps changing, then like I said instead of going home to your mansions go to a soup kitchen or to the places where what you are protesting against happen and make a difference there. Until then, they and the people supporting them are just hypocrites.

Wrong. If the owners have decided to side with their players then the "they can be fired" is a moot point. It was almost dead until trump revived it. Now people are taking sides over this mess. How long before it starts happening at college games and at Ross Ade?

Reactions: 8541Boiler
Wrong. If the owners have decided to side with their players then the "they can be fired" is a moot point. It was almost dead until trump revived it. Now people are taking sides over this mess. How long before it starts happening at college games and at Ross Ade?
Not wrong. The point that you are missing still remains that they can be fired but whether the owner's do it, is up to them.

I'm glad the president brought it up because it is a clear disrespect and needed attention drawn to it because the left and the media sure weren't gonna do it.

EDIT: And before you go calling me names or whatever for supporting Trump, I didn't vote for him nor have I supported anything else he has done so save it. But this kneeling crap wasn't stopping and needs to be gone from the NFL.

Last edited:
Not wrong. The point that you are missing still remains that they can be fired but whether the owner's do it, is up to them.

I'm glad the president brought it up because it is a clear disrespect and needed attention drawn to it because the left and the media sure weren't gonna do it.

EDIT: And before you go calling me names or whatever for supporting Trump, I didn't vote for him nor have I supported anything else he has done so save it. But this kneeling crap wasn't stopping and needs to be gone from the NFL.
I didn't vote for him either.

It was already dying. He revived it. Now it is going to be out of control.
Except that it wasn't as people were still doing it. The only thing that changed is now it is somehow racist to support standing for the anthem.

At any rate I am done commenting on this thread.

Last edited:

there are different levels of debate here, some continue being meshed together.

correct it is up to the private sector (teams or league) to decide, not the federal government to overreach into their businesses (for legal activities).

respect is another level of debate. still unsure why citizens would want to entrust big government and political elite to dictate these activities (when to recite, how often, how to stand and hold your arm, etc as was noted earlier). and mentioned flag burning... disrespectful yes, illegal no.

At home I stand and look out the window at my flag flying in the front yard. Watching tv during the anthem is disrespectful.

probably millions of disrespectful people each week.

more citizens would be in anthem compliance if the government supplied code would be .... slouch on couch, hand in potato chip bag.

there are different levels of debate here, some continue being meshed together.

correct it is up to the private sector (teams or league) to decide, not the federal government to overreach into their businesses (for legal activities).

respect is another level of debate. still unsure why citizens would want to entrust big government and political elite to dictate these activities (when to recite, how often, how to stand and hold your arm, etc as was noted earlier). and mentioned flag burning... disrespectful yes, illegal no.

Respect is not about Government over reach. Respect is about honor...

If you think the owners are going to do anything about this, you're wrong. In less then 3 decades, the combined population of minorities and people of mixed raced will outnumber their white counterparts. By that time, Americans of Latino descent are expected be the demographic with the most consumer buying power. The millennials and post millennial generation are much more moderate to progressive with a globalist perspective than generations past and generally support the players right to kneel. So when you see things like the NFL owners not quashing their right to protest, and Hollywood being "SJW, PC, liberal snowflakes" it's because they are investing in the future and not the past.

All you have to do is look at the student section to see how much demographics have changed. When I was at Purdue in the 90's, I was surrounded by almost nothing but white students at sports events. Now look at it, and you'll see students from all races and backgrounds and even more participation from the international population. If you think they're going to alienate that growing part of the fan base by telling players who are mostly minorities they can't silently protest on the only wide reaching platform they have, you're wrong. Look at freshman enrollment at Missouri if you don't think perceived racism has a major adverse effect with young people.

This will be last statement on the issue. I'm not going to tell anyone whether it's wrong or right. I'm a minority so I can relate to the issue, and I understand why they are delivering their message in this manner. I personally wouldn't do it because it made it easier for people to lose the point of the issue and it allowed Trump to completely turn it on its head, but they have the right to do so in my eyes and it doesn't particularly offend me to see them doing it.

Every liberal guy who paints police brutality as a race issue instead of a rap culture issue is condemning kids and moms. For every inspirational story like Caleb there's a brother who never reached his potential and a father who wasn't there. Wolegib is complaining that Trump put a travel ban on North Korea. Atrocities have been going on in North Korea for decades. Trump is the only one in the world who will stand up to them. That's why I'll continue to support him. He's one of the few real men left.

I was right on one point I made. This is a fire, and it's being fueled by Trump's words. and now it's happening in Congress with a Congressswomen and the black caucus now kneeling and protesting Trump. they are not protesting police, or the U.S. or the flag. they are protesting Trump's words.

I don't want my Presidency to be another WWE script. From the start he has done everything in his power to not be a President . I'm not sure if he's become like Donald Sterling or if all this has been intentional, or if it's just all an act. or if he's just in it for himself. Adidas and several major universities are now being sued for fraud over recruiting violations nd charges are being filed by the FBI. This man hasn't made one truthful statement since the day he started running for office. He has to know his words have consequences. he has to know people actually believe him. he has done nothing to try to unify our country. Businesses probably love him for cutting regulations. But the coal miners of Southern Illinois, Kentucky and Pennsylvania are still waiting for the coal mine jobs to start happening. Was it all one big lie to get their vote?.

I took an oath to protect the President and our country. and I will never protest during the national anthem. however, as a teacher, I once had a student who was 50 pounds and would try to pick a fight every day with his classmates . and he would get beaten up at least once a week. And I had a girl with anger issues. and I know it's against the rules to touch a student. but because I loved both students, I physically restrained her several times from beating him up. And when his meds wore off, because I liked him, I physically restrained and hugged him with all my might to protect him from hurting himself and having others hurt him. I also contacted authorities at a BOY Scout camp when a boy became a cutter and tried to kill himself. his parents were more upset with me than their son. my actions saved his life. I met him 6 months later living with his grandparents. Sometimes if you love somebody hard enough, when protecting them, and defending them, you also have to have the love to restrain them and find help for them. I did the same for my grandparents when they were Trump's age. they resisted with all their might, but they knew my actions were right.

I don't know what's happening to our President, but I fear he is being handled by an outside presence. or I fear he has become like my grandparents. I want to protect him. Many people have admitted his biggest enemy is himself. I'd take a bullet for him, but I would also forcibly stop him if he used a gun or military force against a crazy person who walked up to him and said shoot me. And that's what I believe Kim's doing, I don't want to start a coup. but I believe our President needs help.

I'm sorry for being so political. but I had a 70+ white Marine Viet Nam vet pull out a knife when talking to me this weekend about politics in a public gathering of 40,000 people. . I'm not sure what he meant by showing me his knife and blade. he also informed me that he was stronger than me. He seemed friendly, and we weren't arguing. We were talking about today's society and the drug problems we face and air force people sleeping in hotels. I showed him my ID. . But at one point, he was beginning to lose it mentally and he was back in his war zone wanting to fight it out with his words, his might and his knife in front of the world and a cub scout pinewood derby. he was no longer talking to me, he was in a different world. We talked for almost an hour as I was trying to leave and complete my other responsibilities. he got mad when I wouldn't sit down and stay. I have a feeling I'm the first person who listened to him about the war, country and military in a very long time. His last name is Reed and my first name is Reed. We made a bond. he shook my hand as I left, and then criticized me for having a wimpy handshake. I don't have a wimpy handshake. he just didn't want to let go.

This was a man who fought for our country. I respect him.

The fire started during Obamas presidency when rap culture completely took over Chicago and the murders rose to over 2000 in a year. Look at real world problems not the scapegoat you've built up in your mind.

Reactions: TheBoris and SKYDOG
Respect is not about Government over reach. Respect is about honor...

agree it should not be.
its why im not in favor of political figures influencing or threatening the private sector (especially without legislation).

nor the government trying to define what is or is not respectful. as written above, our own government has already redefined and altered such things to be appropriate to new eras or new state agendas.

Reactions: Frankie611
Every liberal guy who paints police brutality as a race issue instead of a rap culture issue is condemning kids and moms. For every inspirational story like Caleb there's a brother who never reached his potential and a father who wasn't there. Wolegib is complaining that Trump put a travel ban on North Korea. Atrocities have been going on in North Korea for decades. Trump is the only one in the world who will stand up to them. That's why I'll continue to support him. He's one of the few real men left.

I didn't say that, and I don't like people who misquote me. What I said is I believe that Trump secretly does a lot of unpopular political actions and "PURPOSELY" creates a big misdirection via his tweets and campaign speeches to divert attention from his real political actions. Each time he seems to say something that creates a mass hysteria, he's also signing some executive action or diverting attention from something that he doesn't want people to know about. He doesn't want the media to talk about and focus on his son in law using a personal email, or his failure on healthcare reform, so he seems to create a new story for the media to cover. the NFL story. let's ALL focus on the NFL and not our government. and I predict when his tax reform hits Congress, Trump will create a new series of tweets to divert our attention.

Kim is a guy who is basically standing up like that GA tech kid and saying shoot me. Most intelligent people have ignored him for years and let him play with his toys. Kim treats his people as humanely as Saudi Arabia treats his. Kim wants Trump to shoot him. it's obvious. Kim wants to annoy Trump so much that he will fire that first shot. And what happens to the world and the U.S. if Trump does? In Trump's own words, he will obliterate North Korea if kim launches a missile at the U.S. or shoots down one of our planes. Does that sound like a guy who really cares about the plight of the North Korean people? He cares as much about them as he does the American coal miners and American textile workers. Kim verses Trump is nothing more than Smack Down XXVII.

I'm sorry, I have different values than you. and to your final point. You don't have to talk tough to be a real man! Talk is cheap without action.

Reactions: z_one
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT