ADVERTISEMENT

Its Our Time, the Right Time

pubill

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 2, 2021
I am so proud of this team and happy they have their redemption. Put a lot of naysayers quiet and Matt is getting some of his just due. But it is time to win the Natty and it is the perfect time.

My father died last year at 95 years old, a die hard PU fan who never missed going to a game or watching or listening to every game. He did not go to Purdue as was in service, but his brother did and that is where his love started. Dad lived and died with every PU game. I was born into a Purdue familly and went there in late 70's. Did not go to Final 4 in 80 as I was newly married and had no money and thought there will be many more. I have been to every Sweet 16 since the 80 FF and saw us lose in each of them till this year when we had greatest time watching that victory. We have not been able to go to Arizona due to some family needs.

Why I think this is perfect situation and time to win a Natty, is that this is type of game IU fans and National talking heads have been saying forever Purdue can't win. The narrative is we are consistently pretty good but not elite and can't play with the Big Boys. That is why whenever we win the Big 10, their narrative is that the Big 10 was down. We were the national joke for losing to 3 low seeded teams in a row. Now is the time to do what Virginia did and also to satisfy the sting of that 19 loss to Virginia. Uconn is noted by media as unbeatable, one of best teams of all time, their coach is a genius, they have several NBA players on their team, they play and practice harder than anyone, their coach is smarter as to analytics than anyone, etc, etc. I went on several gambling sites today and 90% of the experts are saying taking UConn and laying the 6-1/2 points is a lock.

I am glad we get UConn and by beating them we put all the negative Purdue talk away , our players get their just due, and Matt gets full recognition.

I have full confidence we are going to shock the world Monday. I have full confidence Braden will put last night's game behind him and be great on Monday and believe Edey shows NBA scouts who is best center. Loyer's defense has been greatly improved in the tourney , Lance will hit some big shots , as will Gillis. TKR will pound the boards. And believe Cam and Colvin , now that introduction to the big stage is over will make big plays on Monday. Purdue gets total respect and due after Monday night! And wins one for my dad!

For good reason you weren’t given a shot.

Watching you get the brakes beat off of you was EXACTLY how I wanted it too.

Haha you never stood a chance vs UConn.
how'd iu do in the NIT again? Are you losers going to be able to even field an entire team nest season? All the rats abandoned the ship because they know your program is sinking!

Must suck for you loosiers to see Purdue rise to the top and know we are staying there with the class we have coming in. Your obsessive tears are delicious!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT