ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, this has gotten boring already

kescwi

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 16, 2005
Mt. Pleasant SC
Is this all you Trump folks have? You won, I understand why, but the freaking rhetoric on here is nonsensical.

The question now is, what the f@&$ is he really going to do, and more importantly how?

No more ACA, how, and what alternative?

No more PC, how?

ISIS, what's he going to do?

Debt, again, what is he going to do?

Pony up now, what do you think Trump is going to accomplish, and what would make him a failure in your eyes?

As liberals are wont to do, you're asking the wrong questions. Here are the right questions, with answers:

Did the failure of Obamacare have anything to do with Trump being elected? No, we've known for months that the ACA was unsustainable. Those with pre-existing conditions buy cheap insurance and become heavy users. Healthy young people don't buy insurance because they now know they can wait until they become sick and they cannot be denied insurance.

Will the unending invasion by millions of Latinos finally be curtailed? Yes.

Is it OK to again call them "illegal aliens" instead of "undocumented immigrants"? Yes.

Will illegal aliens be deported? Yes.

Will we continue to have unwanted Muslims dumped here to go jihad, kill infidels and fly up to paradise to roll in the hair pie of 72 virgins? No.

Will the lunatic Iran nuclear deal be terminated? Yes. There won't be a war, we'll simply put the sanctions back in place.

Will the primary focus of the Department of Defense now be national defense rather than diversity? We can only hope.

Is this all you Trump folks have? You won, I understand why, but the freaking rhetoric on here is nonsensical.

The question now is, what the f@&$ is he really going to do, and more importantly how?

No more PC, how?

Pony up now, what do you think Trump is going to accomplish, and what would make him a failure in your eyes?
Do you think Obama will condemn the riots going on across this country?

What does that have to do with my question?
Considering the elections just ended 4 days ago, I think your questions are a bit premature. Time will tell.

My question is about the here and now. Will/should our current president condemn the riots taking place across the country?

As liberals are wont to do, you're asking the wrong questions. Here are the right questions, with answers:

Did the failure of Obamacare have anything to do with Trump being elected? No, we've known for months that the ACA was unsustainable. Those with pre-existing conditions buy cheap insurance and become heavy users. Healthy young people don't buy insurance because they now know they can wait until they become sick and they cannot be denied insurance.

Will the unending invasion by millions of Latinos finally be curtailed? Yes.

Is it OK to again call them "illegal aliens" instead of "undocumented immigrants"? Yes.

Will illegal aliens be deported? Yes.

Will we continue to have unwanted Muslims dumped here to go jihad, kill infidels and fly up to paradise to roll in the hair pie of 72 virgins? No.

Will the lunatic Iran nuclear deal be terminated? Yes. There won't be a war, we'll simply put the sanctions back in place.

Will the primary focus of the Department of Defense now be national defense rather than diversity? We can only hope.
Again, what is he going to do about ACA?

So he will curtail it, not stop it?

When could you not say anything you wanted? Was Obama coming to your house and dotting your eyes every time you said "illegal aliens?"

Illegal aliens aren't being deported now?

Ahh, your favorite obsession, hair pies. What about "humane slaughter," is that dream of yours now near reality?

How soon will he put these sanctions in place?

So the military will now be able to discriminate?

Considering the elections just ended 4 days ago, I think your questions are a bit premature. Time will tell.

My question is about the here and now. Will/should our current president condemn the riots taking place across the country?
How are they premature? People voted for him and I would assume they did so with expectations, he is the President elect in the here and now.

I don't if he will or won't, I don't care if he does or doesn't, protesters arent a part of my here and now world.

No more PC, how?

A lot of good discussions on here since the election. You may not agree with other people's opinion but referring to the discussions as nonsensical is kind of what got your side in the position they are in. A little more discussion and less name calling would benefit your party greatly.

And since you apparently voted for Hillary, answer your own questions if she were elected. How would she deal with each of those issues?

A lot of good discussions on here since the election. You may not agree with other people's opinion but referring to the discussions as nonsensical is kind of what got your side in the position they are in. A little more discussion and less name calling would benefit your party greatly.

And since you apparently voted for Hillary, answer your own questions if she were elected. How would she deal with each of those issues?
Sorry but I don't find more discussion on the "liberal" press, building a wall with virtual currency, Trump somehow now being the death of the ACA, PC... without expressing how he will do it as realistic or having any significant meaning. I kind of took that as a form initial celebration.

I know there are rational people on here who voted for Trump, my question is to them, and yes those people are going to have a dificult time I think when others, like the first reply here who appears to be an old poster with a new account and handle, do ridiculous things like advocate the "humane slaughter" of "Moslems."

Eight years ago there were many posts at this time about what Obama had to "own," couldn't blame Bush, certainty of a single payer healthcare system... I'm asking what do people expect from Trump, can he blame Obama, what will determine his success or failure?

No hidden meaning.

Sorry but I don't find more discussion on the "liberal" press, building a wall with virtual currency, Trump somehow now being the death of the ACA, PC... without expressing how he will do it as realistic or having any significant meaning. I kind of took that as a form initial celebration.

I know there are rational people on here who voted for Trump, my question is to them, and yes those people are going to have a dificult time I think when others, like the first reply here who appears to be an old poster with a new account and handle, do ridiculous things like advocate the "humane slaughter" of "Moslems."

Eight years ago there were many posts at this time about what Obama had to "own," couldn't blame Bush, certainty of a single payer healthcare system... I'm asking what do people expect from Trump, can he blame Obama, what will determine his success or failure?

No hidden meaning.

No hidden meaning.

It appears you are still in phase one of the grief cycle...."shock and denial".

I wish you luck on your journey !

Reactions: TheBoris

No hidden meaning.
Achieving what we have been told is an impossible goal of 3% GDP growth would be a good start.

Not doubling the national debt would help also.

Achieving what we have been told is an impossible goal of 3% GDP growth would be a good start.

Not doubling the national debt would help also.
Okay, yeah that would be nice, how does it happen? How in the current economy, based on debt, debt is how money is created in the current fiat system, do you achieve growth over 3% plus bring the debt down? Are you talking about all debt, gov., business/Corp. and household or just gov? Honest question and I don't follow this stuff religiously so I'm sure Trump said how he would do it, I'm asking sincerely, how is he going to do it?

That's the million dollar question, but who knows? Trump was voted in with very sparse specifics on most topics, and contradictory/changing positions on others.

Then there's the variable of which of his policy objectives will coincide with Congress' wishes, keeping in mind that Trump was left of Hillary and certainly left of center on a fair amount of topics. I would hope the Republicans who bitch about spending and debt won't wholesale vote for bills that will exacerbate these issues, but history has shown the Republican Party to be as bad or sometimes worse than the Democratic Party with regards to increasing the debt.

We shall see.

These guys are incapable of reasoned discussion because each of them voted based on emotion. There are plenty of reasonable Trump voters, just not any represented in this thread IMO.

You may be right. Myself, I voted for Mitch Daniels so I'm not a Trump voter.
I didn't vote for Trump either but I am enjoying the complete melt down of the left - including those on here who still think that arrogance and name calling are the avenues to getting your candidate elected. Keep it up and they just night have their panties in a wad for 8 solid years.

Reactions: boilersmitty
These guys are incapable of reasoned discussion because each of them voted based on emotion. There are plenty of reasonable Trump voters, just not any represented in this thread IMO.
I'm continually amazed at how arrogant you and others are - "incapable of reasoned discussion" - smdh. Amazing how many things you have wrong in these two sentences.

I'm continually amazed at how arrogant you and others are - "incapable of reasoned discussion" - smdh. Amazing how many things you have wrong in these two sentences.
Look at this thread. A question was asked and the only responses have been about panties in a wad.

The left defines " reason " as logic that supports their desires. The Left worship at the Temple of Reason, it's right next to their guillotine.

Last edited:
Actually, several rhetorical questions were asked by kescwi and none of them were honest questions. He wasn't seeking reasoned debate. He simply has his panties up in a wad.
How is "what is he going to do about ACA and how?" Or "what about debt and how?" rhetorical? Those are, you know, actual policy questions that Trump has addressed in his contract with America that if anyone was interested could actually help carry on a discussion. But you guys were more interested in OP's "tears" and the status of his panties. But that's politics today - it's a team sport, and your team won so now it's just all about the trash talk.

How is "what is he going to do about ACA and how?" Or "what about debt and how?" rhetorical? Those are, you know, actual policy questions that Trump has addressed in his contract with America that if anyone was interested could actually help carry on a discussion. But you guys were more interested in OP's "tears" and the status of his panties. But that's politics today - it's a team sport, and your team won so now it's just all about the trash talk.
The ACA and the debt are not the issues that got Trump elected. The ACA is unsustainable and something must be done regardless of who won. Similarly, the national debt will continue to increase regardless of which party is in the White House. We will kick that can down the road until the nation crumbles.

Trump was elected to change the things that the president can change: the lunatic Iran nuclear deal, stop illegal immigration, deport illegal aliens, deny entry to jihadists.

Trump was elected to change the things that the president can change: the lunatic Iran nuclear deal, stop illegal immigration, deport illegal aliens, deny entry to jihadists.

If you're right, that explains why I wasn't interested in most of Trump's platform, because none of the issues you mentioned are even top-10 concerns for me.

The ACA and the debt are not the issues that got Trump elected. The ACA is unsustainable and something must be done regardless of who won. Similarly, the national debt will continue to increase regardless of which party is in the White House. We will kick that can down the road until the nation crumbles.

All may be true through your extremely narrow lens, but that doesn't make the OP's questions rhetorical nor invalid. This response would've been better than "panties in a wad" about 12 posts ago.

All may be true through your extremely narrow lens, but that doesn't make the OP's questions rhetorical nor invalid. This response would've been better than "panties in a wad" about 12 posts ago.
Scroll up and read what I said above: "You're asking the wrong questions." His questions were both rhetorical and dishonest. The reason he was asking rhetorical, dishonest questions is because his panties were up in a wad over the election.

Scroll up and read what I said above: "You're asking the wrong questions." His questions were both rhetorical and dishonest. The reason he was asking rhetorical, dishonest questions is because his panties were up in a wad over the election.
Asking about what to do about debt and the ACA are dishonest? How? The ACA is one of the first things trump himself said he is going to fix.

Asking about what to do about debt and the ACA are dishonest? How? The ACA is one of the first things trump himself said he is going to fix.
He refuses to answer his own questions with regard to how Hillary would've handled them. That tells us all we need to know about how honest his questions really were. Seriously - you think "how to handle ISIS" is a serious question? The answers to his questions would take about 2,000 pages of reply on each one. Get over yourself already.

Reactions: boilersmitty
The tone of his question belies its dishonesty: " The question now is, what the f@&$ is he really going to do, and more importantly how? No more ACA, how, and what alternative?"

Now, the specifics obviously have not been worked out yet. It will require coordination with the Republican Congress and of course the transition team is not yet in place. But the wheels of change, they are aturnin'......

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/10/rip...ble-care-act-as-soon-as-they-get-into-office/

He refuses to answer his own questions with regard to how Hillary would've handled them. That tells us all we need to know about how honest his questions really were. Seriously - you think "how to handle ISIS" is a serious question? The answers to his questions would take about 2,000 pages of reply on each one. Get over yourself already.
What does HRC have to do with anything any longer? How is your asking what Hillary would do answer anything re Trump? Sorry but I would much rather deal in reality than what if.

The tone of his question belies its dishonesty: " The question now is, what the f@&$ is he really going to do, and more importantly how? No more ACA, how, and what alternative?"

Now, the specifics obviously have not been worked out yet. It will require coordination with the Republican Congress and of course the transition team is not yet in place. But the wheels of change, they are aturnin'......

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/10/rip...ble-care-act-as-soon-as-they-get-into-office/
The specifics haven't been worked out?

That's the million dollar question, but who knows? Trump was voted in with very sparse specifics on most topics, and contradictory/changing positions on others.

Then there's the variable of which of his policy objectives will coincide with Congress' wishes, keeping in mind that Trump was left of Hillary and certainly left of center on a fair amount of topics. I would hope the Republicans who bitch about spending and debt won't wholesale vote for bills that will exacerbate these issues, but history has shown the Republican Party to be as bad or sometimes worse than the Democratic Party with regards to increasing the debt.

We shall see.
I think Trump has a similar benifit re the debt that Regan, BushI and Clinton had. There is a nice belly in the population pyramid, not as large as the boomers, but enough in the big spending/borrowing years of 20 to mid 50's to allow the gov back off a little and let house hold/personal/business take more of the load along with energy prices probably rising so the US can become an exporter there and the transfer of wealth re inheritance from the boomers which will spur some spending, that he could possibly help him bring down debt.

Get over myself? WTF?

Reactions: kescwi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT