ADVERTISEMENT

Seth Davis Comment

I think coaches will look at what Maryland did on a press into zone to push our guards out and try to get us to rush the offense. That is what helped them claw back into the game.

Outside of that, I think eventually a zone gets broken because of Zach's abilities.

Someone like a Baylor, KState, TCU, Alabama with fast and aggressive guards, who pressure our guards, will be a challenge as well.
Isnt it amazing that football states get so many long, athletic guards (yes, also mid-majors as well) yet Purdue (basketball state/power-5) gets them every now and then.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Isnt it amazing that football states get so many long, athletic guards (yes, also mid-majors as well) yet Purdue (basketball state/power-5) gets them every now and then.
Why Painter didn’t offer Garwey Dual - that is the long athletic guard we need

Reactions: TX4GB
I forgot he transferred to a school in SoCal. I wondered why I didn’t see him on Indiana HS Twitter.
We do have Colvin and Catchings coming. Benter is not a great athlete but he is a bigger shooter, hard to push around. We also have Air Heide and Berg with the possibility of drawing post players out.

Reactions: Schnelk
Enjoy what is happening now instead of being a pseudo fan who can’t enjoy what Purdue is accomplishing at present but instead worries what failure you think we might not overcome in the future. Suggest you call into Matt Painter Radio Show and offer what you think he should be doing and explain your reasoning. That tended to go over well the last time someone felt they knew better than Painter…
That’s his problem, he thinks he knows more than everyone, but his knowing all is not working. He’s to stubborn to change.

ADVERTISEMENT