ADVERTISEMENT

who is Tim Waltz? Is he sleezy enough to fit in?

btw, that is the reason Vance himself gave so it was not my assertion.

Are you saying people cannot change their views a president based on his time in office. Or does that just apply to you and your idiot belief that Biden was 'fine' despite his horrible, terrible record?
People get bent out of shape about who said what about whom.
If we want to go there, do we want to bring up when Obama said "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f*ck things up".
Not a ringing endorsement of Biden.

The President is not a legislator - the President is the leader of the nation and the Executive Branch.

No President has done a worse job leading, setting the tone for the nation, and supporting and encouraging democracy and belief in our institutions than Donald Trump. He's not as bad as say, Buchanan on policy, but he maxed out on being a terrible leader, to the point where, like Buchanan, he inspired an insurrection on the union. And worse than Buchanan, Trump actually encouraged that insurrection. He also encouraged open hostilities and divisions between Americans and did so much to explode the proliferation of conspiracy theories and distrust. He constantly denigrated our nation and our leaders, and uses ethnic and religious categories to amplify his politics.

You all sarcastically dismiss him as at worst a mean Tweeter, but that is the President/Republican nominee saying those things. People listen to someone in that pivotal role, and the worst elements of our nation are emboldened and inspired by the President/Republican nominee when that is who is saying those things.

Last edited:
The President is not a legislator - the President is the leader of the nation and the Executive Branch.

No President has done a worse job leading, setting the tone for the nation, and supporting and encouraging democracy and belief in our institutions than Donald Trump. He's not as bad as say, Buchanan on policy, but he maxed out on being a terrible leader, to the point where, like Buchanan, he inspired an insurrection on the union. And worse than Buchanan, Trump actually encouraged that insurrection. He also encouraged open hostilities and divisions between Americans and did so much to explode the proliferation of conspiracy theories and distrust. He constantly denigrated our nation and our leaders, and uses ethnic and religious categories to amplify his politics.

You all sarcastically dismiss him as at worst a mean Tweeter, but that is the President/Republican nominee saying those things. People listen to someone in that pivotal role, and the worst elements of our nation are emboldened and inspired by the President/Republican nominee when that is who is saying those things.
How would you compare where were are as a nation today on 3 key voter hot topics compared to Trump's presidency:
1) Economy
2) Global stability
3) Immigration

Reactions: Riveting
That works in theory. And yes, exactly what he needs to do. But not going to happen as Trump is a bombastic undisciplined narcissist who doesn't listen to his advisers. As evidence, my wife said he actually called KH low IQ at a recent rally. Geez......stick to the issues
Exactly this. It’s hard to focus on the issues when he spends most of the time acting like a victim or calling people names or insulting someone, etc. He is who he is. He’s not going to magically change over the next few months.

And I think that’s what people who absolutely love him don’t understand: A LOT of people are extremely tired of his behavior. You can ask people to focus on the issues but when you say things like “if you vote democrat you need to have your head examined “ , you’re probably not going to win many people over. (I mean that’s fine if you agree with him but none of you have the platform to say it like he does).

That’s also why I laugh that people still think that election was stolen. No. It’s just that a lot of people just don’t like him. Which is fine, too. He’s not necessarily there to be liked but you’re just not going to appeal to the average voter by constantly insulting them.

How would you compare where were are as a nation today on 3 key voter hot topics compared to Trump's presidency:
1) Economy
2) Global stability
3) Immigration
That's a multi-facted question.

1) 2.5 years into the Biden Presidency the economy was not good because of inflation. Currently? Unemployment is low, the stock market is booming, inflation has corrected, and GDP is fantastic. Under Trump - things went into the sh!tter largely along with the world economy during Covid -in other words, not his fault. He left at the start of the massive inflation when the world's post-Covid economy started cranking.

In other words, it's hard to assign complete blame or credit to the executive branch about economic performance, especially when it's not a black and white answer. If the economy stays as good as its been so far in 2024 for the rest of Biden's term do you call him a big economic success? Because 2024 has been really, really good.

2) Global stability. Trump? Pretty good on wars, though Afghanistan was still a mess.. Many more US troops deployed internationally under Trump. Biden? Less good because of the two hotspots, though I would think his administration gets credit for the two global hotspots not involving American troops. Also, the last year of Trump and the first 18 months of Biden were the worldwide Covid era; no wars then is no coincidence. And you didn't just limit it to wars... so stability? our NATO partners were scared sh!tless under Trump.

3) Immigration? Trump better until about four to six months ago, when the numbers turned significantly better for illegal immigration.

And I think that’s what people who absolutely love him don’t understand: A LOT of people are extremely tired of his behavior.

I can't imagine, but can you imagine a group of voters SO shallow, they ignore issues, and vote for someone based solely on they like or don't like their personality?

Yet, that's how incompetent Presidents like Biden/Harris got elected to start with. And it cost them all lots of cash$$ with high prices and energy. Hopefully, the Biden remorse have had taught a significant # of them, always vote Issues over personal.

Dude, that ain't happenin' and you know it. Chump staying away from name callin', are you kidding me? Narcissists don't ever change.
and if he doesn't it still comes down to policy or should for a mature adult. We already had a lab experiment with horrible results today and devastating results in a few years versus a known result

Trust me...I often wonder why his campaign team don't sit him down and have a tough love conversation. I agree, maybe he is that hard headed and doesn't want to care about changing.
I'll use the Bobby Knight analogy again: I didn't like Knight as a person, most people didn't, but you couldn't argue with his success as a coach.
Narcissists are mean, evil people and will never change. Never listen to advice. Always somebody else is at fault.

Narcissists are mean, evil people and will never change. Never listen to advice. Always somebody else is at fault.
So. Do you intend to marry the person or have that person over for dinner or just want a person to run a business? If things were close to being similar and I can understand being swayed a bit...but this isn't close in any respect. There are huge differences in desires in things of importance in addition to "individual" accomplishments...but different strokes for different folks I guess...

That's a multi-facted question.

1) 2.5 years into the Biden Presidency the economy was not good because of inflation. Currently? Unemployment is low, the stock market is booming, inflation has corrected, and GDP is fantastic. Under Trump - things went into the sh!tter largely along with the world economy during Covid -in other words, not his fault. He left at the start of the massive inflation when the world's post-Covid economy started cranking.
Inflation is up by 20% under Biden.
It currently is flirting with another 4% this year.
You realize that's 4% over the already 20%
How the fk can it go higher. lol

In other words, it's hard to assign complete blame or credit to the executive branch about economic performance, especially when it's not a black and white answer. If the economy stays as good as its been so far in 2024 for the rest of Biden's term do you call him a big economic success? Because 2024 has been really, really good.
It's petty black and white.
Energy drives the economy.
Significantly raise energy prices due to bad energy policy and you get 20% inflation.
2) Global stability. Trump? Pretty good on wars, though Afghanistan was still a mess.. Many more US troops deployed internationally under Trump. Biden? Less good because of the two hotspots, though I would think his administration gets credit for the two global hotspots not involving American troops. Also, the last year of Trump and the first 18 months of Biden were the worldwide Covid era; no wars then is no coincidence. And you didn't just limit it to wars... so stability? our NATO partners were scared sh!tless under Trump.
What rock are you sleeping under.
Trump was ending the Afghanistan war, no American soldiers were killed in his last 18 months of office.
He was leaving while still maintaining stability in the Middle East and was going to hold on to Bagram Air Base.
The cluster fk in Afghanistan is the sole responsibility of Biden.
And Trump deployed troops abroad, it's called show of strength deterrence.
How many were fighting.
And had he been re-elected he would have sent more troops over to Poland and Putin would never have invaded Ukraine.

3) Immigration? Trump better until about four to six months ago, when the numbers turned significantly better for illegal immigration.
You mean to say the numbers of illegal immigrants reported by the government.
And no way in hell were Trump illegal immigration numbers close to what we are witnessing under Biden.
How about the 300,000 or so being flown in to the US from foreign countries.
Fill out an app and get a free vacation including healthe care.

I can't imagine, but can you imagine a group of voters SO shallow, they ignore issues, and vote for someone based solely on they like or don't like their personality?

Yet, that's how incompetent Presidents like Biden/Harris got elected to start with. And it cost them all lots of cash$$ with high prices and energy. Hopefully, the Biden remorse have had taught a significant # of them, always vote Issues over personal.
By most measures, things are doing pretty well in the US. They aren’t perfect by any stretch, but let’s not act like it’s Armageddon. People are hopping into their gas guzzling SUVs and filling planes and highways and still spending like crazy. And if you aren’t going to incorporate other factors like pure corporate greed into the equation about prices, then your pearl-clutching is essential for naught. There are a lot of factors that go into the economy and your takes are lazy.

Significantly raise energy prices due to bad energy policy and you get 20% inflation.

Trump was ending the Afghanistan war, no American soldiers were killed in his last 18 months of office.
He was leaving while still maintaining stability in the Middle East and was going to hold on to Bagram Air Base.
How many were fighting.
And had he been re-elected he would have sent more troops over to Poland and Putin would never have invaded Ukraine.

And no way in hell were Trump illegal immigration numbers close to what we are witnessing under Biden.
It is embarrassing comparing Biden & Kamala's open border and what has went on with Trump fighting the dems to try to stop it.

How many were fighting.

What energy policy changes are you referring to? Be specific. And if you bring up something like the keystone pipeline, just know I will call that a clown take because it was never intended to impact anything energy-related in this country anyway.

By most measures, things are doing pretty well in the US. They aren’t perfect by any stretch, but let’s not act like it’s Armageddon. People are hopping into their gas guzzling SUVs and filling planes and highways and still spending like crazy. And if you aren’t going to incorporate other factors like pure corporate greed into the equation about prices, then your pearl-clutching is essential for naught. There are a lot of factors that go into the economy and your takes are lazy.
Without touching on the fuel prices, inflation and such which are worthy, why would you think that "corporate greed" was missing under Trump and only appeared under Biden? Did businesses not want to make money when Trump was president?

What energy policy changes are you referring to? Be specific. And if you bring up something like the keystone pipeline, just know I will call that a clown take because it was never intended to impact anything energy-related in this country anyway.
The Green New Deal.
Oh so piping Alaskan oil into the world market cheaper and faster than by Truck or Rail would have no effect on pricing.
Research who benefited from the alternate transportation method of hauling the Alaskan oil!
My goodness are you guys that nieve.
His restrictions on drilling.

LOL. Biden/Harris cost me over $37,880 so far over 2019 base year.

Speaking of lazy, how much has has Biden Harris cost you??
......as your takes show me you don't even know. (And maybe the reason is your not lazy, but don't even know how to calculate it?)

And we have already established on here that relatively speaking corporations aren't any greedier now than at any point in history. It is illogical to think otherwise.

Without touching on the fuel prices, inflation and such which are worthy, why would you think that "corporate greed" was missing under Trump and only appeared under Biden? Did businesses not want to make money when Trump was president?
I never said it wasn’t. But it’s pretty clear companies took notice of it during Covid and just kept it going. And people keep paying, so it’s a give and take.

LOL. Biden/Harris cost me over $37,880 so far over 2019 base year.

Speaking of lazy, how much has has Biden Harris cost you??
......as your takes show me you don't even know. (And maybe the reason is your not lazy, but don't even know how to calculate it?)

And we have already established on here that relatively speaking corporations aren't any greedier now than at any point in history. It is illogical to think otherwise.
and it may have cost the country in 10/20 years.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Exactly this. It’s hard to focus on the issues when he spends most of the time acting like a victim or calling people names or insulting someone, etc. He is who he is. He’s not going to magically change over the next few months.

And I think that’s what people who absolutely love him don’t understand: A LOT of people are extremely tired of his behavior. You can ask people to focus on the issues but when you say things like “if you vote democrat you need to have your head examined “ , you’re probably not going to win many people over. (I mean that’s fine if you agree with him but none of you have the platform to say it like he does).

That’s also why I laugh that people still think that election was stolen. No. It’s just that a lot of people just don’t like him. Which is fine, too. He’s not necessarily there to be liked but you’re just not going to appeal to the average voter by constantly insulting them.
Hard to focus on the issues? That is what is said about teens and their addition to tik toc and all the rest of it.

It is not hard for mature adults to focus on, for example, issues like inflation when they see it every week at the grocery store. Emphasis on 'mature' adults.

I told you I thought it was stupid. Where is the disconnect here, Joe?
You call it stupid. I call it authoritarian and criminal. People lost their businesses and livelihoods. Some lost their lives. When people make these decisions that ruin people’s lives and brag about it like this they should be no where near power. But you have no interest in holding him responsible for his actions. “”Eh, people did dumb things.” Actually you want to reward this guy.

You call it stupid. I call it authoritarian and criminal. People lost their businesses and livelihoods. Some lost their lives. When people make these decisions that ruin people’s lives and brag about it like this they should be no where near power. But you have no interest in holding him responsible for his actions. “”Eh, people did dumb things.” Actually you want to reward this guy.
I’m not sure what else to tell you, Joe. I said it was stupid, which means I disagreed with it. If you want to be mad that I didn’t go down the same rabbit hole you did, then be mad. IDGAF.

Hard to focus on the issues? That is what is said about teens and their addition to tik toc and all the rest of it.

It is not hard for mature adults to focus on, for example, issues like inflation when they see it every week at the grocery store. Emphasis on 'mature' adults.
I’ve seen a handful of your posts in various threads. You’d be wise to look up the word “mature” yourself. Just a friendly FYI.

And yeah, if you want me to vote for you and repeatedly call me stupid if I don’t vote for you (and apply that to anything else in life), chances are I’m just going to want you to just go the eff away, issues be damned. Sometimes it’s really just that simple.

Exactly. Laughable how corporate greed only occurred under Biden. If Biden is upset with inflation due to corporate greed maybe he can tell his big corporate donors to cut it out.

I never said it wasn’t. But it’s pretty clear companies took notice of it during Covid and just kept it going. And people keep paying, so it’s a give and take.
During that time blame was put on the supply chain and fuel prices which affects everything and are still high. Fauci gets little intention as everything was turned over to him with knowledge a mile deep and an inch wide to "guide" a country several miles wide. When you have non-business people running a business for the first time you open the door to many errors. Biden like others have not lived in the real world competing in the market place. You can always find enough people familiar with D.C. and legislation to fill other spots, but you need someone that has managed money. Governors get some of that, but they have little choice since they must balance it. Real inflation...not playing with a calculation is felt by many.

There are many things much worse today under Biden IMO, besides debt, inflation in everything and daily costs, but my biggest concern that I have harped on in this site for a few years is the open borders for over 175 people from countries we know nothing about. History has shown that if not forced to assimilate they won't...they will hold up in their communities with third world understandings and breed like rabbits dragging the overall culture down. That is not the threat with assimilation. Many were forced to learn English years ago which led to assimilation. Reagan wanted to make that the language of the USA and he didn't. He also wanted to eliminate the department of education which he didn't. Both would have been good moves.

BTW although much smaller in magnitude there have been illegals for sometime, but they were mostly Mexican. It takes 2.1 births to sustain a population. The USA for many years has not had that. If you take the difference in the census of 2024 and subtract the census population say in 1984 or so, you will find the difference greater than 1,000,000/year. Now, I don't know how accurate the Census is, but illegals have came over before Biden, but they were mostly Mexican and smaller numbers. I've seen the border several times in Texas/California and it is NOT secure and hasn't been, but the USA was not advertising for them to come previously. I had two first cousins that worked the border that are deceased. I would loved to had their first hand comments.

If you think things are going “pretty well” it shows how out of touch with reality you are and basically exposed your elitism. I could cut-and- paste the email from hunger advocates about how bad food insecurity and hunger are because of inflation and the economy. Thing is they will in the same email tell you to vote for Harris despite the US poverty index being very low during Trump and real wages increasing and outpacing inflation. Such a disconnect.

And try telling all the families affected by criminal illegal aliens how well it’s going.

If you think things are going “pretty well” it shows how out of touch with reality you are and basically exposed your elitism. I could cut-and- paste the email from hunger advocates about how bad food insecurity and hunger are because of inflation and the economy. Thing is they will in the same email tell you to vote for Harris despite the US poverty index being very low during Trump and real wages increasing and outpacing inflation. Such a disconnect.

And try telling all the families affected by criminal illegal aliens how well it’s going.
Guess you didn’t read where I said they weren’t perfect. But they aren’t dire either. I’m guessing you sleep just fine at night so spare me the elitism nonsense.

Oh and I wanted to add regarding the illegal aliens. What in the hell are you even talking about?

Last edited:
Being mean and narcissistic is independent of being a strong negotiator and policy-maker. A lot of corporate CEOs are like this, but that's part of what makes them great CEOs. They're concerned with results and outcomes, not feelings.
Again, look at Bob Knight. Grade A butthole of a person, but undeniably a great basketball coach.

Reactions: tjreese
Man, you are either the most optimistic person in history or just trying to put lipstick on a pig .
Yeh, I drive an SUV and have a boat. It pisses me off when gas is over $2 a gallon more now than it was when Trump was POTUS.

Hard to focus on the issues? That is what is said about teens and their addition to tik toc and .....

Think you nailed the gist of the problem....not just with this poster, but a small but significant sized - sometimes voting block of empty headed voters.

If you ever watched "the man on the street" type tv interviews at the beach or downtown it is amazing to me the basic government, history and common knowledge about inflation or the border, etc. a few people don't know.....yet some of these vote on occasion. No wonder some idiots can be fooled to think corporate greed has caused price inflation.

Man, you are either the most optimistic person in history or just trying to put lipstick on a pig .
Yeh, I drive an SUV and have a boat. It pisses me off when gas is over $2 a gallon more now than it was when Trump was POTUS.
Gas is about $3.15 where I live. Pretty sure it wasn't $1.15 when Trump was President.

Did you guys ever think that maybe, just maybe, energy prices, and prices in general were lower when Trump left because the world and US economy had all but shut down because of Covid?

• Haha
The border isn’t open. Never was. Just an FYI.
Ok, let's say the border isn't open.
Explain this:
"There really was a major unauthorized migration surge under Biden. For most of the decade before he took office, US Customs and Border Protection had in the range of 300,000 to 500,000 “encounters” with migrants at the southern border each year. Under Biden, the average number has been about 2 million a year, with last year being the highest yet."

Under Biden, there's been anywhere from a 300-600% increase in illegal border crossings compared to the last decade.

Well I mean no one likes it, of course, but if you’re going to hop into a gas guzzler knowing that it’s a gas guzzler and then throw a fit about it, that just seems like bitching to bitch. Especially because you have the option to get something much more fuel efficient. That’s not optimism. That’s reality.

Gas is about $3.15 where I live. Pretty sure it wasn't $1.15 when Trump was President.

Did you guys ever think that maybe, just maybe, energy prices, and prices in general were lower when Trump left because the world and US economy had all but shut down because of Covid?
Gas where I live is in the $3.35 range. Under Trump, it was under $2. So, I change my comment to around $1.50, not $2.
Quit blaming covid. Covid has been over for 2 years.

Well I mean no one likes it, of course, but if you’re going to hop into a gas guzzler knowing that it’s a gas guzzler and then throw a fit about it, that just seems like bitching to bitch. Especially because you have the option to get something much more fuel efficient. That’s not optimism. That’s reality.
I can't tow my boat with something more fuel efficient. My boat's heavy so I need something with some torque.

True. Oil production actually up now. But regulation and costs of moving product still make it higher than pre-Covid. $1 to $1.50 higher depending on location.

Then consider pre-Covid prices first 3 years under Trump vs first 3 under Harris/Biden. 20% higher at a minimum now.

Reactions: Telling The Truth
Ok, let's say the border isn't open.
Explain this:
"There really was a major unauthorized migration surge under Biden. For most of the decade before he took office, US Customs and Border Protection had in the range of 300,000 to 500,000 “encounters” with migrants at the southern border each year. Under Biden, the average number has been about 2 million a year, with last year being the highest yet."

Under Biden, there's been anywhere from a 300-600% increase in illegal border crossings compared to the last decade.
Never said the border wasn’t an issue. Just that it wasn’t open.

Look, I’m more than willing to have discussions with people who are being rational and want to actually have a discussion. But when someone just says “the border is open”, it’s clear that person isn’t serious and shouldn’t be treated as such.

I appreciate you providing stats. The border is absolutely an issue and I have zero issue with it being a central issue of the election. But let’s not be naive about things. Every single administration continues to kick the can down the road on this issue. There was a bipartisan border bill drawn up earlier this year and republicans shot it down. It wouldn’t have solved all the issues, but may have addressed some. The blame goes to a lot of different folks here. Both sides have been equally terrible dealing with it.

I can't tow my boat with something more fuel efficient. My boat's heavy so I need something with some torque.
Where’s joetboiler to lecture you about elitism when you need him? Lol. I mean come on, man. A big truck to tow your big boat and gas prices bother you? I think not.

How depleted is the oil reserve? I really don't know the status today or if I could trust the web to still have it way down? Selling that to China shouldn't have happened. I know Biden is buying back some of that, but unsure where it stands since energy prices were brought up. Shutting down the US economy is but another way of decision making by progressives discussed in A Conflict Of Visions by....drum roll....Thomas Sowell. It is part of the Unconstrained approach, but in fairness that "unconstrained" approach is "more common" when science is involved.

Everyone has an island of knowledge. Some islands are larger than others, but all are dwarfed by the sea (of ignorance).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT