ADVERTISEMENT

Whats happen with Furst

From Sports Illustrated article after his post on X.

The chance of Haralson staying in his home state to play college basketball appears likely. Rivals.com gives the Boilermakers a 54% chance of landing the La Lumiere School (IN) product, while On3.com has the Hoosiers as the current frontrunners at a 32.1% chance.
I think the visits to both places indicted he was interested in staying in the state. Certainly IU has the money and spot. Purdue has the success with more players he knows, but how would Matt work this?

I think the visits to both places indicted he was interested in staying in the state. Certainly IU has the money and spot. Purdue has the success with more players he knows, but how would Matt work this?
I don't think he's coming to PU. That said, if he wants to come, if I'm CMP I'm having some tough conversations. I know that isn't popular with some here.

Reactions: tjreese
The question is how many scholarships, if any, will be available for 2025? If only one does Painter take Haralson and pass on Sisley should he choose Purdue? It’s difficult to even consider since we have no knowledge of how Painter intends to navigate being over signed by one for next year. If Furst were to be the one whose scholarship were to become available, then there won’t be an open scholarship in 2025 since he is the only senior next year. If someone else’s scholarship becomes available this next season then it appears we’ll have only one scholarship in 2025 when Furst graduates unless another player were to leave.

The chance of Haralson staying in his home state to play college basketball appears likely. Rivals.com gives the Boilermakers a 54% chance of landing the La Lumiere School (IN) product, while On3.com has the Hoosiers as the current frontrunners at a 32.1% chance.

Is on3 the site where anyone can vote where a recruit is going? So any fanbase can make it seem a recruit is leaning their way just by voting for their team?

I don't think he's coming to PU. That said, if he wants to come, if I'm CMP I'm having some tough conversations. I know that isn't popular with some here.

Yeah I’d say he doesn’t stay in Indiana, but even though we don’t have much room, I agree, I’m sure paint makes room/figures it out. Great relationship with one of our assistants, so I’d assume we are front runner if he stays in state. Not sure why he’d go to IU for that dreadful offense and more than likely the head coach recruiting you will be gone before you step foot on campus, Shrews may surprise and somehow lure him there…I bet he goes to Duke, if anything and I get it. Would be cool if he announces he headed to Purdue, tho.

It is hard to believe that he is coming as well. I don't know the legalities of NIL and walk ons? I doubt there is one since everything seems like the wild west with NIL. However, we already know we have many coming in and know some that are leaving. I've don't remember if redshirts count when the shirt happens or the count goes to the next year? If it counts for the next year, then the problem may already be solved..."IF" he wants to go to Purdue. I don't know anything about him other than I think he is 6'5 or 6'6" inch or so. I watched them try to use him on Braden when Braden was a senior and you could see athletic ability, but that is all I know about him. When everybody thought he was headed out east I never followed much about him. One thing Matt does is put a lot of time into recruiting even if he knows it is unlikely and he always leaves a good impression should that player be interested in Purdue down the road should it be a match for both. It is interesting though that Purdue and IU have both had visits out of the surprise rather quickly.

The question is how many scholarships, if any, will be available for 2025? If only one does Painter take Haralson and pass on Sisley should he choose Purdue? It’s difficult to even consider since we have no knowledge of how Painter intends to navigate being over signed by one for next year. If Furst were to be the one whose scholarship were to become available, then there won’t be an open scholarship in 2025 since he is the only senior next year. If someone else’s scholarship becomes available this next season then it appears we’ll have only one scholarship in 2025 when Furst graduates unless another player were to leave.
One thing we do know and that is Matt is NOT flying in the dark. I'm guessing that last bit about Matt not flying in the dark "may be one of those things we don't know we don't know" and so there may be something we haven't considered that we don't consider. None of us can explain anything, but either what we are seeing or hearing is a mirage or Matt sees things we don't.

Yeah I’d say he doesn’t stay in Indiana, but even though we don’t have much room, I agree, I’m sure paint makes room/figures it out. Great relationship with one of our assistants, so I’d assume we are front runner if he stays in state. Not sure why he’d go to IU for that dreadful offense and more than likely the head coach recruiting you will be gone before you step foot on campus, Shrews may surprise and somehow lure him there…I bet he goes to Duke, if anything and I get it. Would be cool if he announces he headed to Purdue, tho.
I think it was Terry Johnson that knows the family wasn't it?

Actual game stats don’t mean much, but fans’ observations inside those same three minutes do? Yeah, right.

I’ll take the guy who was Indiana Mr. Basketball and Indiana Gatorade Player of the Year, who chose Purdue over Michigan State, Ohio State, North Carolina and Virginia, and who already showed what he can do in the Big Ten when not pigeon-holed out of position to support the two-time National Player of the Year.
I look for him to be better when he has more space. However, I see more potential left in him than many do I suspect. It all starts with skill improvement to be outstanding and not sure there is enough time for that left. I do think he can surprise people and be really good next year with a bit more game facing the basket. It is up to him in what he develops and how much and how good he wants to be. WE do know that an up and down game does favor him and we will see more of that next year I believe

The date was 3/22/24…which is Friday the day of our first tourney game. Coincidence ?
LOL
Well, the star can write about his visit instead of the Purdue game for front page or length. I recall when Knight was "accused" of creating scene somehow to pull the media from Purdue in a big game.

At least one person is guessing, without a clue.

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
I look for him to be better when he has more space. However, I see more potential left in him than many do I suspect. It all starts with skill improvement to be outstanding and not sure there is enough time for that left. I do think he can surprise people and be really good next year with a bit more game facing the basket. It is up to him in what he develops and how much and how good he wants to be. WE do know that an up and down game does favor him and we will see more of that next year I believe
I too am hopeful that we see the Caleb Furst that we expected to thrive as a Boilermaker next year. I believe the talent is there.

Reactions: tjreese and Schnelk
It is hard to believe that he is coming as well. I don't know the legalities of NIL and walk ons? I doubt there is one since everything seems like the wild west with NIL. However, we already know we have many coming in and know some that are leaving. I've don't remember if redshirts count when the shirt happens or the count goes to the next year? If it counts for the next year, then the problem may already be solved..."IF" he wants to go to Purdue. I don't know anything about him other than I think he is 6'5 or 6'6" inch or so. I watched them try to use him on Braden when Braden was a senior and you could see athletic ability, but that is all I know about him. When everybody thought he was headed out east I never followed much about him. One thing Matt does is put a lot of time into recruiting even if he knows it is unlikely and he always leaves a good impression should that player be interested in Purdue down the road should it be a match for both. It is interesting though that Purdue and IU have both had visits out of the surprise rather quickly.
A scholarship player who redshirt still counts as a scholarship player while redshirting.

I too am hopeful that we see the Caleb Furst that we expected to thrive as a Boilermaker next year. I believe the talent is there.
We've become a bit spoiled in having a fair number of underclassmen that have played well. Wans't long ago that it was very normal for guys to be fringe rotation players and then blossom into much better players with extended opportunities as they matured. Caleb will fit in that category with steady pt.

Reactions: tjreese and Schnelk
Bumping this thread (albeit the wrong thread title) as it is 3/22/2024 which is the date Haralson tweeted about on Monday. I haven't seen anything on his Twitter and I don't know of any timeline (or what he is even posting). Anyone hearing any mumblings (commitment, top 10, something not even hoops related)?

Sneaky good passer. We haven't seen much of that yet.

Did TKR take over at center for Edey last night , didn't think Furst played?

Furst came in the first half for Zach and then in the second and had an assist to TKR..I remember because SVG told us all that was fursts first assist of the game…like yeah…cuz he just got in after playing a few mins.

Did TKR take over at center for Edey last night , didn't think Furst played?

Had a really nice play here with TKR.

8k9uxi.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT