ADVERTISEMENT

Whats happen with Furst

I have no idea. Just saying players now being paid whatever they get has changed the way I view them. I may be alone. I consider them as semi professionals and being able to be critical on their play is on the table.
Think there is a big difference between questioning their actual play that we witness and questioning their commitment that we don't see. Not saying you did that here but I saw some comment allude to it.

I don't know why we all can't get behind a player like Furst and cheer for him to make the most of his opportunities. We did that for Brandon Newman the past couple seasons. Furst deserves no less imo.

Think there is a big difference between questioning their actual play that we witness and questioning their commitment that we don't see. Not saying you did that here but I saw some comment allude to it.

I don't know why we all can't get behind a player like Furst and cheer for him to make the most of his opportunities. We did that for Brandon Newman the past couple seasons. Furst deserves no less imo.
I’m just saying for me, I see them as the same as a professional athlete. These college players want to be paid, want almost guaranteed playing time, become unionized with all the benefits. Nick Sagan retired because of this.

I’m just saying for me, I see them as the same as a professional athlete. These college players want to be paid, want almost guaranteed playing time, become unionized with all the benefits. Nick Sagan retired because of this.
Purdue basketball is not at this place and hope they never get there.

I don’t see how it won’t get there over time unless Purdue chooses not to be competitive.
AS long as Purdue basketball is competitive it may not. It is a legitimate concern and strikes at the phrase,"I bought my Purdue shirt because I went there, and you bought your shirt at Walmart."

Reactions: Riveting-
AS long as Purdue basketball is competitive it may not. It is a legitimate concern and strikes at the phrase,"I bought my Purdue shirt because I went there, and you bought your shirt at Walmart."
If everyone is playing in the sandbox by paying players, Purdue will have to pay to be competitive. Don’t like it one bit where the whole student athlete world is headed.

Reactions: Lionheart1
Dream scenario is for Purdue to be the first major university to stand up and say, "This is ridiculous. We are not a minor league sports franchise nor should we be participating in such activities as a taxpayer-funded institution of higher learning. College football and basketball are now a business and the players are now employees. They no longer serve as part of our mission as a university. We withdraw from the Big Ten and will end our football/basketball programs as they exist today."

I see the movie " for the love of the game" Kevin Costner , is there not a happy medium in all this , a place where these people despite it all , just love the game moment....

If everyone is playing in the sandbox by paying players, Purdue will have to pay to be competitive. Don’t like it one bit where the whole student athlete world is headed.
Well, that is the belief for many and I can't say they are wrong. We are still in the infancy of this and so maybe something moves the needle in a direction we like in the future?

Reactions: SKYDOG
Dream scenario is for Purdue to be the first major university to stand up and say, "This is ridiculous. We are not a minor league sports franchise nor should we be participating in such activities as a taxpayer-funded institution of higher learning. College football and basketball are now a business and the players are now employees. They no longer serve as part of our mission as a university. We withdraw from the Big Ten and will end our football/basketball programs as they exist today."
That's your Dream scenario?

Reactions: purduedavie
That’s not my dream, do that and that helps recruiting players how?

Purdue may be in the basement for maybe 1-2 years. But I bet other schools would soon follow Purdue’s lead in both football and basketball. And college sports would soon become like baseball and hockey. If you want money go to the pros!

There are many better things in life than being obsessed with your college basketball team being #1. And you living your dreams through their accomplishments and not your own. Do you take credit for Edey at your bar?

Purdue may be in the basement for maybe 1-2 years. But I bet other schools would soon follow Purdue’s lead in both football and basketball. And college sports would soon become like baseball and hockey. If you want money go to the pros!

There are many better things in life than being obsessed with your college basketball team being #1. And you living your dreams through their accomplishments and not your own. Do you take credit for Edey at your bar?
At my bar we just talk about track

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: pu1985 and Schnelk
Then you know where my son is, right? At the NCAA indoor track championships in Tampa! Otherwise: shut up!
Love me some track talk. Shut up? I don't think so Wole. Thanks for the update on your son, is he involved in track in some capacity?

You post this condescending gem, and then wonder why you get crap for it?

"There are many better things in life than being obsessed with your college basketball team being #1. And you living your dreams through their accomplishments and not your own. Do you take credit for Edey at your bar?"

Last edited:
Love me some track talk. Shut up? I don't think so Wole. Thanks for the update on your son, is he involved in track in some capacity?

You post this condescending gem, and then wonder why you get crap for it?

"There are many better things in life than being obsessed with your college basketball team being #1. And you living your dreams through their accomplishments and not your own. Do you take credit for Edey at your bar?"
You attacked me personally and my family ! I don’t talk about my son’s accomplishments on this board. And it’s past time that people like you stopped talking about him!

And yes, I believe Purdue and the NCAA would be a lot better off if they treated football and basketball like they do football. If a student wants to make millions, let them turn pro, and let the students represent their school.

And when I go to church on Sunday, I don’t wear my Purdue jersey and tell people how great my basketball team is and rub other people’s faces into the ground that their school is a loser. Rose Holman has an engineering school and a basketball team. I don’t think of them as any less of a person if their team doesn’t win the ncaa. And many of their engineering graduates are better than those from Purdue!

• Wow
Reactions: BoilerAndy
You attacked me personally and my family ! I don’t talk about my son’s accomplishments on this board. And it’s past time that people like you stopped talking about him!

And yes, I believe Purdue and the NCAA would be a lot better off if they treated football and basketball like they do football. If a student wants to make millions, let them turn pro, and let the students represent their school.

And when I go to church on Sunday, I don’t wear my Purdue jersey and tell people how great my basketball team is and rub other people’s faces into the ground that their school is a loser. Rose Holman has an engineering school and a basketball team. I don’t think of them as any less of a person if their team doesn’t win the ncaa. And many of their engineering graduates are better than those from Purdue!
You're the one that started the "attack" ole boy. If you don't want anyone pushing back, then don't post condescending posts like you did above. You act like you are some holier than thou fan that is above the rest of us mere fanatics.

Who even said they rub anything in anyone's face about PU's success? It's like you're having an argument with yourself. Who said anything about wearing PU stuff to church?

You are one strange dude. Have a great day, and Boiler Up!

Lol

Get off your cross, we need the wood.

• Haha
Reactions: New Pal Boiler
Furst is a plus minus nightmare with Eddy out.

For those who prefer accuracy to fact-free fan observations, Furst had a plus-minus of zero for his three minutes against MSU in the Big Ten quarterfinal -- the same nightmarish zero that Heide got for his 14 minutes and topping the minus-two by Kaufman-Renn in his 14 minutes. Gillis got a three in his 28, matching Loyer’s count for 37. Smith got a one. Purdue also got outrebounded.

• Wow
Reactions: SKYDOG

Is this like a chat GTP hallucination or am I having a stroke reading this?

Is this like a chat GTP hallucination or am I having a stroke reading this?
Silly posts, first off most agree that NIL now is getting out of hand, however, I sure don’t want Purdue to take the lead in being against it, let there be rules put in place by universities or maybe congress, I want Purdue to compete, not be a laughing stock like they would be for years.

For those who prefer accuracy to fact-free fan observations, Furst had a plus-minus of zero for his three minutes against MSU in the Big Ten quarterfinal -- the same nightmarish zero that Heide got for his 14 minutes and topping the minus-two by Kaufman-Renn in his 14 minutes. Gillis got a three in his 28, matching Loyer’s count for 37. Smith got a one. Purdue also got outrebounded.
The eye test says Furst can't guard my sister. And yes he played more than 5 mins.

Yes, I'm obsessed. Meanwhile 1/2 the voters will vote for a guy that openly lies, cheats, adulterates and is basically a walking pig of a human being.
And they'll expect us to treat them as normal people.
LOL

Lol. "Lies, Cheats....A walking pig of a human"

You just described a majority of national politicians on both sides. They are all pretty worthless.
Stick to policy you like, over personal qualities, you will likely be more true to yourself. Good luck.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Lol. "Lies, Cheats....A walking pig of a human"

You just described a majority of national politicians on both sides. They are all pretty worthless.
Stick to policy you like, over personal qualities, you will likely be more true to yourself. Good luck.
And we get those complaints from the party that gave us Bill Clinton?

• Love
Reactions: Schnelk and SKYDOG
And we get those complaints from the party that gave us Bill Clinton?

Yea but, I am to the point that nationally I despise BOTH parties. They don't work for us, but how they can line their own pockets and their re-election while both work to fund the ever growing mega budget of what has become the uni-party.

Congrats. Woody sucks!!!

From Sports Illustrated article after his post on X.

The chance of Haralson staying in his home state to play college basketball appears likely. Rivals.com gives the Boilermakers a 54% chance of landing the La Lumiere School (IN) product, while On3.com has the Hoosiers as the current frontrunners at a 32.1% chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT