ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell is going on in Portland?

Lt. General Russel Honore was who President Bush appointed as commander of a joint task force to lead the recovery of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. He kind of calls it as he sees it. Anyway, he shared his comments on the situation in Portland tonight on the 11th hour TV show on MSNBC. There may be a short ad at the start of this video, fyi.

EDIT: Well, it looks like the video cannot be embedded. I would suggest watching it on MSNBC's website. It is well worth the watch if one cares about what is going on in this country.

Tell me how they can legally go in and arrest people that are not protesting near or damaging federal property. Are they just gonna march into gang country and start arresting people? Cause I hate to tell you but they aren't going to round up all the killers in Grant Park or downtown.

They don't have jurisdiction to go wherever they want in the city and arrest people. Explain to me why they do.
Tell me again how these "peaceful protesters" aren't around the the Federal Courthouse in Portland? Agents "beaten back" around Federal Courthouse......

BTW, per current DHS rules, they do have jurisdiction in this situation. Now one could question the DHS rules, but that's another discussion altogether.

https://news.yahoo.com/federal-agents-beaten-back-portland-111216636.html

When they weren't requested and when they went outside of their scope, they became storm troopers looking for a fight for political reasons. (No different than the national guard which Trump used for a bible raising PR stunt in D.C.)

You and I know they were there to pick a fight and to make it look like the protestors were anarchists, yet the
When they weren't requested and when they went outside of their scope, they became storm troopers looking for a fight for political reasons. (No different than the national guard which Trump used for a bible raising PR stunt in D.C.)

You and I know they were there to pick a fight and to make it look like the protestors were anarchists, yet the Navy veteran who was viciously attacked made clear their intentions.

It WASN'T to stand by and protect the few Federal buildings which they are responsible to protect, it was to foment a narrative which they thought would be good for Trump's reelection efforts and bad for the Black Lives Matter movement.

It won't work - it's just proving the police brutality and overreach by the people in Washington DC and galvanizing a movement which will NOT stop anytime soon.

Navy veteran who was viciously attacked made clear their intentions.

It WASN'T to stand by and protect the few Federal buildings which they are responsible to protect, it was to foment a narrative which they thought would be good for Trump's reelection efforts and bad for the Black Lives Matter movement.

It won't work - it's just proving the police brutality and overreach by the people in Washington DC and galvanizing a movement which will NOT stop anytime soon.
You were saying?

Reactions: SKYDOG
The "Feds" are retreating due to a "Wall of Moms", even though they are shooting through "murder holes" at them?

lol

Not even a mention of the "Dads with Leaf Blowers"?

Portland’s Wall of Moms Joined by Dads With Leaf Blowers Against Trump’s Police

https://truthout.org/articles/portl...dads-with-leaf-blowers-against-trumps-police/

Trump loses again.

jfc

What is this country devolving into?

lol

WINNING!

491pwn.jpg

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
BuilderBob6: Your posts are informative and worthwhile. Please block all those people who are attacking you. I have blocked a lot of people and it absolutely has made for a better experience on this board. The narrative is sometimes lost because the post is referring to or answering a poster that I have blocked but so be it. Your posts are valuable to me and I hope you can find a way to continue.

In Chicago federal officers can protect federal property AND get killers off the streets. The lunatic mayor is too yellow to even attempt to stop the carnage. The Police Union is begging for help and to be allowed to do their jobs.
You're acting like Chicago is some lawless wasteland right now. Obviously the shootings are horrible, but 99% are so far away from main part of Chicago they may as well be suburbs. Its not like you're going to step out of your hotel on Michigan Ave or State St and get immediately shot. If you're not in a gang and you don't go to a bad area, nothing is going to happen.

However, I do agree with you more should be done. My brother in law is high up in Cook County police (county Chicago is in for those who don't know) and they have offered to help but very little is asked of them.

You're acting like Chicago is some lawless wasteland right now. Obviously the shootings are horrible, but 99% are so far away from main part of Chicago they may as well be suburbs. Its not like you're going to step out of your hotel on Michigan Ave or State St and get immediately shot. If you're not in a gang and you don't go to a bad area, nothing is going to happen.

However, I do agree with you more should be done. My brother in law is high up in Cook County police (county Chicago is in for those who don't know) and they have offered to help but very little is asked of them.
How many people have to die in Chicago every day before it warrants being called a “lawless wasteland” from your p.o.v.? Last night, 14 people got shot coming out of a funeral! It is lawless and the Mayor is clueless about what to do.

BuilderBob6: Your posts are informative and worthwhile. Please block all those people who are attacking you. I have blocked a lot of people and it absolutely has made for a better experience on this board. The narrative is sometimes lost because the post is referring to or answering a poster that I have blocked but so be it. Your posts are valuable to me and I hope you can find a way to continue.
Very open-minded of you.

The "Feds" are retreating due to a "Wall of Moms", even though they are shooting through "murder holes" at them?

lol

Not even a mention of the "Dads with Leaf Blowers"?

Portland’s Wall of Moms Joined by Dads With Leaf Blowers Against Trump’s Police

https://truthout.org/articles/portl...dads-with-leaf-blowers-against-trumps-police/

Trump loses again.

jfc

What is this country devolving into?

lol

WINNING!

491pwn.jpg
Wrong. A mob of 2,000 people beat their way into the entrance of a Federal Court House. But whatever forwards your warped view of events......

Lt. General Russel Honore was who President Bush appointed as commander of a joint task force to lead the recovery of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. He kind of calls it as he sees it. Anyway, he shared his comments on the situation in Portland tonight on the 11th hour TV show on MSNBC. There may be a short ad at the start of this video, fyi.

EDIT: Well, it looks like the video cannot be embedded. I would suggest watching it on MSNBC's website. It is well worth the watch if one cares about what is going on in this country.

Begins about 1:35

How many people have to die in Chicago every day before it warrants being called a “lawless wasteland” from your p.o.v.? Last night, 14 people got shot coming out of a funeral! It is lawless and the Mayor is clueless about what to do.
Again as long as it doesn’t happen in their area, Democrats don’t really care what happens as long as it doesn’t affect them. The party of compassion and understanding!

Again as long as it doesn’t happen in their area, Democrats don’t really care what happens as long as it doesn’t affect them. The party of compassion and understanding!

I probably missed a post as I don’t understand what you are referring to in your post??? Are you referring to Portland? Chicago? The protesters? The Federal Agents? Thanks

Wrong. A mob of 2,000 people beat their way into the entrance of a Federal Court House. But whatever forwards your warped view of events......

Wrong?

Warped view of events?

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Are you surprised by the "mobs'" actions?

It was in response to the goons' actions on previous nights.

Paybacks can be hell.

The goons beat up the peaceful Navy veteran and then they get called out for it by "the mobs".

Why does that surprise you?

It's totally American. Stand up to fascism.

What about when a bunch of right wing white guys stormed the state capitol armed to the teeth? Or does it not matter when they're white since its what you're alluding to without actually saying it in all of your posts.

I will give you that there are actions on both sides which shouldn't be condoned and are wrong ! However, you have to admit that by sending storm troopers after people in the street, and shooting at moms and the press is a VERY VERY bad look ! (and it is resonating with the average person and hence the reason more and more MOMs are coming out to protest.)

Bottom line: When local residents turn out to support the protestors, it's a clear sign that the secret police have gone too far.

Just this morning, I turn on Fox and I hear a diatribe depicting local enforcement efforts as the BOOT of government upon locals throats and yet . . . .Trump sends in storm troopers to shoot innocent protestors. (Isn't that a picture of the BOOT of government?) Maybe they should coordinate their messages and actions IF . . either wants any credibility.

Ha!

Again as long as it doesn’t happen in their area

I thought Chicago was our area, at least from all of the posts you and others have been making for years now.

Admit it. You don't give a flying F about what happens in Chicago, do you?. It's largely neo-liberalism economic and RW 2A policies that have led to what is going on there, and neo-liberalism means Reagan's economic policies that shipped all of our good-paying fabrication jobs overseas and ripped the lifeline out of Chicago, and Indiana's republican rule that have undercut Chicago's gun control legislation as well, and you know it. Look it up if you doubt me. They don't buy their guns in Chicago. They head to Indiana and Wisconsin for their weapons because there are very few regulations in play there. Blame Scott Walker and his cronies in Wisconsin too. And let's not forget the lax security provided by the multi-billion-dollar Norfolk and Southern Railroad. https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-chicago-railroad-thefts-20170303-story.html

There are a lot of reasons involved with Chicago's violence problem, but to blame it on "democratic policies" is, what is it, oh yeah; Fake News!

Admit it.

I probably missed a post as I don’t understand what you are referring to in your post??? Are you referring to Portland? Chicago? The protesters? The Federal Agents? Thanks
I’m referring to murders and destruction of property and businesses during these protests.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Ha!

I thought Chicago was our area, at least from all of the posts you and others have been making for years now.

Admit it. You don't give a flying F about what happens in Chicago, do you?. It's largely neo-liberalism economic and RW 2A policies that have led to what is going on there, and neo-liberalism means Reagan's economic policies that shipped all of our good-paying fabrication jobs overseas and ripped the lifeline out of Chicago, and Indiana's republican rule that have undercut Chicago's gun control legislation as well, and you know it. Look it up if you doubt me. They don't buy their guns in Chicago. They head to Indiana and Wisconsin for their weapons because there are very few regulations in play there. Blame Scott Walker and his cronies in Wisconsin too. And let's not forget the lax security provided by the multi-billion-dollar Norfolk and Southern Railroad. https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-chicago-railroad-thefts-20170303-story.html

There are a lot of reasons involved with Chicago's violence problem, but to blame it on "democratic policies" is, what is it, oh yeah; Fake News!

Admit it.
completely delusional. just no grip on history or reality at all.

Ha!

Admit it.
The Democrats give a little food to the kids at school is considered helping them out. The education system in the city is terrible. Pander to the union and get votes. Some of the highest paid teachers in the country for little results.

The liberal Democrats have made crime pay. Hardly if any CONSEQUENCES for the crimes committed. Let them out of jail so they can do more crime. The jails are not full now, but crime is up. Thank you liberal Democrats for making the cities safe.

Maybe guns are purchased on the internet. Do something about it instead of harping about Indiana and Wisconsin selling them. It all comes down to consequences and until law and order is restored crime and killings will continue to rise. And Democrats want to defund police. Your team is out of its mind.

The Democrats give a little food to the kids at school is considered helping them out. The education system in the city is terrible. Pander to the union and get votes. Some of the highest paid teachers in the country for little results.

The liberal Democrats have made crime pay. Hardly if any CONSEQUENCES for the crimes committed. Let them out of jail so they can do more crime. The jails are not full now, but crime is up. Thank you liberal Democrats for making the cities safe.

Maybe guns are purchased on the internet. Do something about it instead of harping about Indiana and Wisconsin selling them. It all comes down to consequences and until law and order is restored crime and killings will continue to rise. And Democrats want to defund police. Your team is out of its mind.
I'm sure criminals are going to want to buy their guns on the internet. lol

jfc

Talk about stupid and out-of-touch with reality.

So is the rest of your post.

So Portland is a Republican stronghold now? Lol... you spend so much time twisting your logic around to try and justify the unjustifiable that you make completely idiotic statements like this frequently. Don't worry you're not alone though --- you have quite a bit of company on this thread already.

Tell me again how these "peaceful protesters" aren't around the the Federal Courthouse in Portland? Agents "beaten back" around Federal Courthouse......

BTW, per current DHS rules, they do have jurisdiction in this situation. Now one could question the DHS rules, but that's another discussion altogether.

Focus. We're not not talking about Portland, it's Chicago. Tell me how federal agents protecting federal property IN CHICAGO are going to stop the murders in the city. Unless all these murders are happening on or near federal property, I don't see the point other than a political show of force.

Trump is getting slaughtered in the suburbs so we have to stoke some fear for all the gullible dipshits, right? He said they want to destroy the suburbs next.

Remember the "Caravan" around midterms?

Trump and Republicans are just flailing around like a dying animal at this point.

What about when a bunch of right wing white guys stormed the state capitol armed to the teeth? Or does it not matter when they're white since its what you're alluding to without actually saying it in all of your posts.
False equivocation. Are these people shooting others, burning buildings, destroying property? NO! They protest peacefully unless attacked by anarchist mobs. Then they fight back. There is nothing patriotic about the anarchist mobs. They want to destroy America.

Ha!

Admit it.
Blame everyone but the people running the city for decades. Dafuq?

Focus. We're not not talking about Portland, it's Chicago. Tell me how federal agents protecting federal property IN CHICAGO are going to stop the murders in the city. Unless all these murders are happening on or near federal property, I don't see the point other than a political show of force.
Mayor Lightfoot backtracked later yesterday and said she is good with federal officers helping the Chicago PD tamp down the killing sprees in the streets.

You are so blinded by contempt for your President, you don’t actually seem to care to see things outside of the “Orange Man bad” narrative you are continually fed day-after-day.

So Portland is a Republican stronghold now? Lol... you spend so much time twisting your logic around to try and justify the unjustifiable that you make completely idiotic statements like this frequently. Don't worry you're not alone though --- you have quite a bit of company on this thread already.
Who said Portland is a Republican stronghold? Reading comprehension is not your strength.

False equivocation. Are these people shooting others, burning buildings, destroying property? NO! They protest peacefully unless attacked by anarchist mobs. Then they fight back. There is nothing patriotic about the anarchist mobs. They want to destroy America.
what kind privilege do you have to shut down 7 city blocks and declare them autonomous??? talk about koolaid drinkers! if a right wing militia shutdown indy, there would be so much screeching for federal intervention we'd be deaf. folks on here are wannabe chicken little anarchists but wouldn't last one day on their own.

This is one of the dumbest exchanges on here I've ever read.
I'm sure Bob is absolutely crushed by all this.

Bob's the typical liberal lefty: He's all supportive of the protesting and rioting (as long as it doesn't impact him and his family.).
That's the point being made.

Bob's the typical liberal lefty: He's all supportive of the protesting and rioting (as long as it doesn't impact him and his family.).
Wait, wait, wait. He claimed to be an R until Trump came along. Now he’s “woke” and has found the new religion of the Progressives because “Orange Man bad!”

Alright.

I haven't read anything about protestors blocking driveways in Portland. I'm sure it's happened but not sure why you are so obsessed with it.

If I owned a business downtown in downtown Portland I wouldn't be happy.........and the protests are just downtown, contrary to what some here are saying. Portland has been a city of protests for decades with active right and left wing groups going at each other. The city has taken the approach, agree or disagree, that letting the protests die out on their own is the best method.

It was working until Trump sent in his federal agents, now it's blowing up again. I'm not a genius........so explain to me how sending federal "police" in.........that create more violence.......will help with protestors WHO ARE PROTESTING POLICE VIOLENCE? How the hell does that help anything? It doesn't and it wasn't intended to. It's meant to make trump look like a tough guy and.......he thinks.......help him win an election. Trump isn't doing a damn thing for the people of Portland, he's making it worse for his own benefit.

If the city or state asked them to come or the feds coordinated their activities with the local authorities, that would make sense. That didn't happen. The government all you people say we need guns to protect ourselves from are proving you right........lol.......and you idiots won't or can't recognize it.

All that probably went over your head so let me speak in terms you can understand. I won't be replying to you anymore.......I'm terrified that some off the scum might rub off. You, the person who enjoys "The screaming from the people wondering why they're getting a baton across the head" are not deserving of the acknowledgment a simple reply might give you. I hope someday you understand what a vile, disgusting person that statement shows you to be, whether in this life or the next. I don't think it fits with WWJD, so you might want to give it some thought.

You and Trump think the same way. Force and violence is the answer to most problems.......whether you're whacking your kid over a tantrum or he's using his troops to clear Lafayette Square by force, it's all the same mindset. It makes you feel better about yourself. You have to win, and win through force and violence........because there's no self esteem inside you that would allow you to use another approach. Talking and negotiation shows weakness........and it doesn't allow you to claim victory and the glory. I don't understand how people like you are wired and want nothing to do with your type.......even on a message board.

You and your mental adolescents can have your fun at my expense, you just expose your inadequacies even more. You think you're a smart guy......I'm sure you can figure out who I am and where I live. C'mon down to NC and park in front of the driveway and we'll take it from there.

The next time you here from me will be if Joe beats the reformed masked man.........and it will be relentless.

1jeha9.jpg

Tell that to the countless children who have been caught in the crossfire.
Chicago is the shooting gallery of the country. It's been that way forever and now with Mayor Beetlejuice, it'll remain that way. It's how Dems run the city, even before the days of the Daly's.

Weak sauce. I'm a hardcore libertarian and I support the protesters 100%. This is government overreach plain and simple and clearly a political stunt. The inly people who can't see this have their lips glued to Trump's puckered asshole.

Weak sauce. I'm a hardcore libertarian and I support the protesters 100%. This is government overreach plain and simple and clearly a political stunt. The inly people who can't see this have their lips glued to Trump's puckered asshole.

I support peaceful protesters as well. But, when you start blocking highways, attacking cops, destroying property, spraying painting, looting, burning shit, etc, then you're no longer a peaceful protester and you deserve to get your ass kicked by the authorities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT