ADVERTISEMENT

2026 Purdue QB Commit

Dec 14, 2023
Purdue has the QB for the 2026. Oscar Rios from California. On3 has been rated a 4 star.
G Harrell know how to find the QBs.

Card
Davila
Anderson
Rios

Future looks bright in the QB department. I like to see Browne get involved this season as a change of pace QB for us. Like how Ohio State used D Brown against us.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Seems fine. Maybe a 60% chance he ends up here but not a bad talent to take up a hypothetical roster spot.

Why post such a negative comment? "Hypothetical roster spot?"

Yeah, guys de-commit often these days, but I don't see the need to say things like that unless you have some kind of insider knowledge about the kid.
Just how recruiting is. Sam Jackson and Rickie Collin’s come to mind!

Just how recruiting is. Sam Jackson and Rickie Collin’s come to mind!

And Koy Beasley and Tarrion Grant come to mind! It’s your idiotic 60% comment, an arbitrary percent, to down play Rios commitment.

Nevermind the fact that Rios is high on G Harrell, know Marcos Davila because they trained under the same QB coach.

Exactly why I’m not ordering my custom Rios Purdue jersey just yet…
Should we order a custom jersey for any Purdue recruit who hasn't played a down for us yet? This is all negativity disguised as analysis. We all know how recruiting works these days. Why not take the commitment at face value and talk about what Rios can do?

Should we order a custom jersey for any Purdue recruit who hasn't played a down for us yet? This is all negativity disguised as analysis. We all know how recruiting works these days. Why not take the commitment at face value and talk about what Rios can do?

For those who have not seen the Rios film, here is what he did his sophomore year.

Reactions: Purdue80
The biggest part of recruiting is to let. The player do the recruiting. Basically. You get one player to come, And others will come because they want to play with that player!

Do we want Harrell to be here in two years?

If Harrell continues to recruit high level QBs like he has so far, my answer is yes!

mklinker, you are here trolling on my thread, get out of here.

You made this bold declaration that you will no long get the Purdue football season ticket to watch this team.

Then why are you still in this forum other than spew your negativity along with pboiler18 and NewPal.

Go root for your Louisville or IU team.

Reactions: z_one and pboiler18
If Harrell continues to recruit high level QBs like he has so far, my answer is yes!

You made this bold declaration that you will no long get the Purdue football season ticket to watch this team.

Then why are you still in this forum other than spew your negativity along with pboiler18 and NewPal.

I’m not negative…just realistic.

Reactions: Bippus33
Steve Wilfong placed a prediction on a flip, and he is rarely incorrect with his prediction.

Earlier this month, in-state WR Lebron Hill committed to Louisville. Wilfong predictions with 95% certainty that he will flip from Brohm’s team to Purdue. 6’4 receiver.

Wilfong predicts DL Drayden Pavey from Ohio to commit to Purdue. We like to see big guys come into the class.

I’m not negative…just realistic.

Nah it’s negative.

You can not make a judgement on CRW based on one season when he started behind the eight ball. All that have been previously discussed, “he was hired late”, “ he did not have a full roster, and very thin at OL”, “Brohm poaching our starting OT right before the season”, “DB not to the caliber to run the CRW defense”.

But I did notice improvements as the 2023 season concluded.
Couple games could have gone Purdue’s way in 2023, Syracuse, Iowa, Fresno State, Northwestern. For one reason or another it did not.

Positives, like when you saw Mockabee in the Virginia Tech game to what he looked like at the IU, he looked like a completely different RB.

Positives like those is I look forward to continue seeing in the 2024 season.

Last edited:
Nah it’s negative.

You can not make a judgement on CRW based on one season when he started behind the eight ball. All that have been previously discussed, “he was hired late”, “ he did not have a full roster, and very thin at OL”, “Brohm poaching our starting OT right before the season”, “DB not to the caliber to run the CRW defense”.

But I did notice improvements as the 2023 season concluded.
Couple games could have gone Purdue’s way in 2023, Syracuse, Iowa, Fresno State, Northwestern. For one reason or another it did not.

Positives, like when you saw Mockabee in the Virginia Tech game to what he looked like at the IU, he looked like a completely different RB.

Positives like those is I look forward to continue seeing in the 2024 season.
Brohm didn’t poach the OT. Remember he didn’t leave until after the spring and after Walters told him he wasn’t going to start him.

Brohm didn’t poach the OT. Remember he didn’t leave until after the spring and after Walters told him he wasn’t going to start him.

I had not heard that Walters told Miller he would not be the starting OT. I will have to take this at your word.

However, this does not take away from my previous point. Losing an offensive tackle with B1G experience to Louisville ** hindered CRW to have the 2023 season we wanted, especially because we lacked depth at OT.

** if it makes you feel better to say Brohm did not poach Miller, then you can.

I had not heard that Walters told Miller he would not be the starting OT. I will have to take this at your word.

However, this does not take away from my previous point. Losing an offensive tackle with B1G experience to Louisville ** hindered CRW to have the 2023 season we wanted, especially because we lacked depth at OT.

But Purdue ran the ball better in 2023 and Card threw for repectable yards, which could lead one to believe that the OL wasn't as bad as most thought. ..

Reactions: pboiler18
But Purdue ran the ball better in 2023 and Card threw for repectable yards, which could lead one to believe that the OL wasn't as bad as most thought. ..
Correct. And that it was playcalling and scheming towards weaknesses and not strengths early in the season that cost us several winnable games.

Nobody was arguing that the OL was great but we saw the same thing on both side of the ball… continued calling of schemes and plays that just did not work. That’s on the coaches.

Maybe the raw and dogged insistence on running the same defense all year will pay off when we have better player but teams were also consistently able to exploit our coverage predictability In The pass game. I can’t think of any instances where we didn’t play straight man with our corners until at least the second half of games. By then, we were generally in too big of a hole to come back from.

What I am doing is not trolling. I’m using facts to share why I feel the staff has not lived up to its potential on the field yet. That’s all

Brohm offered a kid who started for him previously a starting spot after he didn’t “win” one here.

You can all that poaching if you like but Miller loved Purdue and made every effort to stay here. Walters thought we were covered with Mbow at RT and we were….until he got hurt. Or, he could have kept playing Mbow at guard and kept Miller as well.

A bit of poor talent recognition there IMO.

Hmmm. You get a commitment from an elite QB. And then a nice receiver changes his mind and flips from Louisville to play with that QB.

That’s how the recruiting game is played. You get commitments from elite players, and that makes it easier to recruit because others will want to play with that player.

I haven’t looked at it, but I will speculate after Arch Manning committed to Texas, the Texas was able to recruit a bunch of other elite athletes that want to play with Arch.

Keep it coming.

Hmmm. You get a commitment from an elite QB. And then a nice receiver changes his mind and flips from Louisville to play with that QB.

That’s how the recruiting game is played. You get commitments from elite players, and that makes it easier to recruit because others will want to play with that player.

I haven’t looked at it, but I will speculate after Arch Manning committed to Texas, the Texas was able to recruit a bunch of other elite athletes that want to play with Arch.

Keep it coming.
Completely unrelated and baseless speculation. The WR wasn’t offered until after he committed to Louisville and basically said he was holding his spot in line until Purdue came along. He hasn’t even met the other qb and all his comments were focused on the coaches and current players. If we offered the wr before the qb committed it was reported he would have flipped before and wiltfong CB’ed that.

Correct. And that it was playcalling and scheming towards weaknesses and not strengths early in the season that cost us several winnable games.

Nobody was arguing that the OL was great but we saw the same thing on both side of the ball… continued calling of schemes and plays that just did not work. That’s on the coaches.

Maybe the raw and dogged insistence on running the same defense all year will pay off when we have better player but teams were also consistently able to exploit our coverage predictability In The pass game. I can’t think of any instances where we didn’t play straight man with our corners until at least the second half of games. By then, we were generally in too big of a hole to come back from.

What I am doing is not trolling. I’m using facts to share why I feel the staff has not lived up to its potential on the field yet. That’s all

What you call facts is merely your opinion to justify your position. When you say you are not trolling, you are. You made an unnecessary opinion to downplay Rios’ commitment without any insider information or fact.

You can justify what you said anyway you want, at the end of the day you are being a jerk to Rios, Purdue and its fans.

• Haha
Reactions: pboiler18
This is further proof that you did not pay attention to the offense last season. My favorite memory was the seven straight runs over the LG when we were on the 1 yard line and the ZERO points we got out of that creative play calling.

I held season tickets from 1998 until the end of 2023 (no doubt before you were born). I did not renew them for this season and when the Purdue ticket office called to ask why I had not renewed I told them straight up that I did not have faith in the coaching staff.

Add to that bringing in the four west coast teams and Purdue is now locked into the bottom half of the conference permanently. Now add the newest NIL fiasco and I see little hope for our Boilers. We will continue to serve as the development team for the elite programs who will have more NIL money to pay our players.

Just one question. Are you 12? or did you become a teenager last year?

Completely unrelated and baseless speculation. The WR wasn’t offered until after he committed to Louisville and basically said he was holding his spot in line until Purdue came along. He hasn’t even met the other qb and all his comments were focused on the coaches and current players. If we offered the wr before the qb committed it was reported he would have flipped before and wiltfong CB’ed that.
Actually if you read my other posts in this thread with an objective mind rather than one looking to find fault, you might learn how to comprehend the point I was making.

At the risk of annoying others who understood exact what I meant, I will restate what I said in terms hopefully you can understand.

I said the best way to recruit a player is to get a commitment from an elite player as your foundation to build around. And that will make it easier to recruit others! I did not mention any names other than arch Manning.

Purdue secured the commitment from a QB. Purdue was previously recruiting a WR. After the QB commited, the WR decided to decommit form Louisville to join us.

They are two separate events. However after the QB commited, it was an easier sell to lure the WR away from Louisville. Without the QB committing, The wr may have decided to stay at Louisville or sign elsewhere.

A player doesn’t have to know a player to want to play with him. But if you have several elite players as part of your class and you get them to commit early, it makes it easier to attract others to follow!

Without the QB commit, getting the separate commit would have been harder. The facts state the wr didn’t commit until we had the qb commit. Maybe that was what he was looking for before making a decision.

Rather than nitpicking and always looking for fault, maybe you should start trying to look for the main point. And if you don’t see it, or are still confused. Just ask. This isn’t the first time. All you seem to want to do is say no no no no no no! Rather than trying to work with or expand upon the comments/speculation provided.

A couple of weeks ago Bryan posted the exact same thing I had speculated about. People were all over my case for speculating without any facts. But when Bryan said the exact same thing, you all said yup, that must be true; what Bryan said! Sometimes rather than the content presented, you just focus on the author and make up your mind without even reading what was said!

Go Rise Holman! A tremendous university! Just for you people who live to correct my spilling! Purdoo is the greatest university in the universe!

This is further proof that you did not pay attention to the offense last season. My favorite memory was the seven straight runs over the LG when we were on the 1 yard line and the ZERO points we got out of that creative play calling.

I held season tickets from 1998 until the end of 2023 (no doubt before you were born). I did not renew them for this season and when the Purdue ticket office called to ask why I had not renewed I told them straight up that I did not have faith in the coaching staff.

Add to that bringing in the four west coast teams and Purdue is now locked into the bottom half of the conference permanently. Now add the newest NIL fiasco and I see little hope for our Boilers. We will continue to serve as the development team for the elite programs who will have more NIL money to pay our players.
You kept them through the Hazell years and bail out now? Lol. Anyone who has Purdue football tickets that long should know there will be good and bad years. Season ticket sales are also the highest since 08 so it looks like there won’t be many to watch the game with you at Debbie Downers Dive Bar on gameday.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
You kept them through the Hazell years and bail out now? Lol. Anyone who has Purdue football tickets that long should know there will be good and bad years. Season ticket sales are also the highest since 08 so it looks like there won’t be many to watch the game with you at Debbie Downers Dive Bar on gameday.
That will give me more time to post "I told you so" comments.

I suffered through Hazel and vowed never again.....

It surprises me that ticket sales are up....it will just leave more folks disappointed.
With the exception.of a game here and there it has been bad since the 2004 Wisconsin game.

I will be watching from the comfort of my home and plan to turn the game off when needed so I will only be watching a quarter or two each week.

That will give me more time to post "I told you so" comments.

I suffered through Hazel and vowed never again.....

It surprises me that ticket sales are up....it will just leave more folks disappointed.
With the exception.of a game here and there it has been bad since the 2004 Wisconsin game.

I will be watching from the comfort of my home and plan to turn the game off when needed so I will only be watching a quarter or two each week.
I was just giving you sh*t. I am sure some days I will wish I was in the comfort of my home watching as well but trying to keep the faith. This year will be very telling of the kind of coach we have. I wondered the same thing regarding the season ticket sales.

Actually if you read my other posts in this thread with an objective mind rather than one looking to find fault, you might learn how to comprehend the point I was making.

At the risk of annoying others who understood exact what I meant, I will restate what I said in terms hopefully you can understand.

I said the best way to recruit a player is to get a commitment from an elite player as your foundation to build around. And that will make it easier to recruit others! I did not mention any names other than arch Manning.

Purdue secured the commitment from a QB. Purdue was previously recruiting a WR. After the QB commited, the WR decided to decommit form Louisville to join us.

They are two separate events. However after the QB commited, it was an easier sell to lure the WR away from Louisville. Without the QB committing, The wr may have decided to stay at Louisville or sign elsewhere.

A player doesn’t have to know a player to want to play with him. But if you have several elite players as part of your class and you get them to commit early, it makes it easier to attract others to follow!

Without the QB commit, getting the separate commit would have been harder. The facts state the wr didn’t commit until we had the qb commit. Maybe that was what he was looking for before making a decision.

Rather than nitpicking and always looking for fault, maybe you should start trying to look for the main point. And if you don’t see it, or are still confused. Just ask. This isn’t the first time. All you seem to want to do is say no no no no no no! Rather than trying to work with or expand upon the comments/speculation provided.

A couple of weeks ago Bryan posted the exact same thing I had speculated about. People were all over my case for speculating without any facts. But when Bryan said the exact same thing, you all said yup, that must be true; what Bryan said! Sometimes rather than the content presented, you just focus on the author and make up your mind without even reading what was said!

Go Rise Holman! A tremendous university! Just for you people who live to correct my spilling! Purdoo is the greatest university in the universe!
You didn’t offend anyone because no one knows what you’re talking about. But I just disagree with you, like is often the case. You are using a kids decision to come here to try to support a baseless claim you have. And it’s not speculation but the WR said exactly the reasons and issue. In fact people here mocked him for telling the truth, which was different than your speculation. The wr was coming here way before the qb committed. I don’t know who Bryan is but the other two sites covering purdue football both reported he was expected to flip a while ago as soon as he received his commitable offer.

Just one question. Are you 12? or did you become a teenager last year?

I am not the one that threw a tantrum and said you were cancelling your season tickets.

I made a post saying that I think G Harrell will fix the offense this season where you gave your lazy G Harrell sucks post. And Hudson Card is trash post.

If you have anything specific about the offense then I would not mind your post. All I have heard from you is this team sucks.

Here is a question for you, if you can answer with specifics. In the 2023 season has the Purdue offense improved from the 1st three games (Fresno State, Virginia Tech, Syracuse) to the last three games (Minnesota, Northwestern, Indiana). Go rewatch the games if you must. If you still think Harrell’s offense stunk in the last there games of the season, then I do not know what to tell you.

I saw a lot of improvement in the running game, Card was a game changer when he played.

According to Bippus33, our offense line was fine.

I agree with you that the line was a problem where we could not push for 1 yard. Especially in the first half of the season, but in the beginning of the season we were down to our third Center. And we lost a lot of the lines to injuries. You can not blame Harrell for the line injuries and lack of depth.

Harrell changed the plays where the RBs were running more counters, and we had success running. Our coaches were making the most of what they had available. Can you agree that the running game improved towards the end of the season, or did Tracy Jr get lucky getting drafted by the NY Giants?

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
According to Bippus33, our offense line was fine.

I agree with you that the line was a problem where we could not push for 1 yard. Especially in the first half of the season, but in the beginning of the season we were down to our third Center. And we lost a lot of the lines to injuries. You can not blame Harrell for the line injuries and lack of depth.

Harrell changed the plays where the RBs were running more counters, and we had success running. Our coaches were making the most of what they had available. Can you agree that the running game improved towards the end of the season, or did Tracy Jr get lucky getting drafted by the NY Giants?
Took him like 8 games but yes we adjusted

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT