ADVERTISEMENT

We hold at #2 in the AP poll with 14 #1 votes

I know it doesn't matter, but I think it's pretty silly how we keep on dominating and losing 1st place votes. Granted Houston and UConn pretty much boat-raced good opponents this weekend, but still.

Reactions: goboilers2
I know it doesn't matter, but I think it's pretty silly how we keep on dominating and losing 1st place votes. Granted Houston and UConn pretty much boat-raced good opponents this weekend, but still.
Don't you think the perception of the B1G comes into play here? Right or wrong, we just aren't seen as a great conference any more for hoops. I think the B12 and Big East get more respect and the voters are showing that. Wins against Michigan and Rutgers don't impress them.

Don't you think the perception of the B1G comes into play here? Right or wrong, we just aren't seen as a great conference any more for hoops. I think the B12 and Big East get more respect and the voters are showing that. Wins against Michigan and Rutgers don't impress them.
I think UConn being defending champs means more.

Reactions: tjreese
UConn has a coach that likes to run up scores. But, he does have a ring so…

As far as I am concerned, Purdue has the Detroit #1 firmly in its grasp at the moment and that is all that I really care about. UConn has a grip on Boston and Houston has a grip on Dallas. As long as it’s those three in any order, I think that Purdue can be confident in getting the Midwest #1. Of course, a school like UNC or Tennessee could throw a wrench in things so it is important to keep winning.

Purdue literally has the #1 SoS over all teams. UConn is far below that. They get cred for winning tourney last year even though these are two different teams. Purdue is playing well as #2 and still #1 seer, so it doesn't matter.

I agree much of the B1G doesn't get respect and probably doesn't deserve it, but Wisconsin has moved up to #6 this week.

Reactions: Dryfly88
Purdue literally has the #1 SoS over all teams. UConn is far below that. They get cred for winning tourney last year even though these are two different teams. Purdue is playing well as #2 and still #1 seer, so it doesn't matter.
Recognizing or believing that Uconn is two different teams is a violation in logic when viewing that Purdue is the same team this year as the previous year or two that has been somewhat normalized. ;)

Keep it a secret but nothing we say affects the play. ;)

Ha! Nobody could keep those scrimmages secret - how do you expect this to be kept under wraps? :)

giphy.gif

Recognizing or believing that Uconn is two different teams is a violation in logic when viewing that Purdue is the same team this year as the previous year or two that has been somewhat normalized. ;)
Purdue HAS to be the same tho TJ!!

the guards get rattled with pressure and can’t handle the press!!

Purdue is one dimensional and can’t shoot the 3!

Just wait until the B1G refs can’t bail them out in March!

The last one there is the best. I’m pretty sure all Purdue fans would LOVE it if we didn’t have the B1G refs anymore and had other conference refs officiating all years. B1G officiating sucks and lets everyone beat up on one another and the teams are all worn down by March.

Purdue HAS to be the same tho TJ!!

the guards get rattled with pressure and can’t handle the press!!

Purdue is one dimensional and can’t shoot the 3!

Just wait until the B1G refs can’t bail them out in March!

The last one there is the best. I’m pretty sure all Purdue fans would LOVE it if we didn’t have the B1G refs anymore and had other conference refs officiating all years. B1G officiating sucks and lets everyone beat up on one another and the teams are all worn down by March.
some of the Big East games might be worse. Purdue just does NOT want quick, physical play on Zach in whoever refs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT