ADVERTISEMENT

No. 2 in the AP Poll

UConn picked up 1st place votes on Purdue. Better wins than Purdue last week I guess.

UConn picked up 1st place votes on Purdue. Better wins than Purdue last week I guess.
They dominated Creighton, at home, holding them to 48 points. Then won a nip-and-tuck road game at Villanova, which is not Jay Wright's Villanova. That's impressive, but I really don't see how anyone with Purdue #1 last week could see them dominate 2 road games against good teams and drop us to 2.

Also, 2 voters didn't vote this week. Skews the numbers somewhat.

Not sure how we lost votes when they only won by 1 point. I don't want to be #1 again until end of the season. Just saying I'm not sure how we lost votes this week.

Reactions: z_one
Not sure how we lost votes when they only won by 1 point. I don't want to be #1 again until end of the season. Just saying I'm not sure how we lost votes this week.

You are looking at it too logically....haha.

tumblr_o90aeaqAbU1qmob6ro1_400.gif

I saw part of the UConn/Villanova game near the end; and wasn't overly impressed. If Villanova's Moore didn't keep committing silly offensive fouls near the end, Villanova probably would have pulled off the upset. UConn still has to play Marquette twice in the regular season schedule. I think on a neutral floor we would take them out! Just keep winning (as much as possible) and stay in the Top 4 and we should be in a good position for March. If we can keep playing like we did this past week; I like our chances. Just keep a positive vibe and keep playing great ball!

Reactions: DrEss
I thought the same as everyone else, two strong road wins should have picked a few more votes, but, it was IU and Iowa so maybe the IU losses hurt our win over them.

Wins over WIS and ILL would / should yield some votes.

I saw part of the UConn/Villanova game near the end; and wasn't overly impressed. If Villanova's Moore didn't keep committing silly offensive fouls near the end, Villanova probably would have pulled off the upset. UConn still has to play Marquette twice in the regular season schedule. I think on a neutral floor we would take them out! Just keep winning (as much as possible) and stay in the Top 4 and we should be in a good position for March. If we can keep playing like we did this past week; I like our chances. Just keep a positive vibe and keep playing great ball!
I am greedy. I not only want the #1 seed, but I want the #1 seed in the Detroit Regional, which will probably require one of the top 3 seeds overall, including staying ahead of nearby schools such as UK and Tennessee. Not worried about the AP ranking at all, but I definitely don’t want Purdue to give the NCAA Committee any reasons to poke holes in its resume.

Reactions: Longboat Boiler
Plus Purdue has stronger body of work, so I'd take #1 overall seed over AP #1 right now anyway
That doesn't much matter right now either if we're just talking Purdue and UConn. They would still go to Boston, we would still go to Detroit. Opposite sides of the bracket. It seems like people are upset right now that UConn isn't #1 overall in Bracketologies, but it really doesn't make a difference.

Reactions: Longboat Boiler
Oof I dunno. UConn is tough. They’re long and big at all positions. They got playmakers and shooters. Would be a great game to see and I hope we get to see it waaaay into the tourney. Clingan vs Zach would be - great matchup. Not sure how’d we’d matchup this rest of the way, but I’d love to see that matchup…eventually 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT