ADVERTISEMENT

AP Poll - Purdue at the top

60 of the 63 first place votes. It will be interesting to see how the Boilers handle the target.

First Big Ten conference school to be ranked #1 in three consecutive seasons.

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-basketball-poll

Top 5:

Purdue (60)
Arizona (1)
Marquette
Connecticut (2)
Kansas
Interesting to see how Purdue's 3 Maui opponents are viewed after losing to Purdue. Marquette actually moved up a spot. Gonzaga stayed the same and Tennessee is still in the top 10.

Purdue - Arizona on a somewhat neutral court. The best thing Purdue could ask for at this point. It should be a barn-burner.

Reactions: tjreese
Purdue - Arizona on a somewhat neutral court. The best thing Purdue could ask for at this point. It should be a barn-burner.
Not Yet No GIF

Reactions: indyogb and Roeder
Alabama on a neutral court will be another good test.

That should be a fun game. Watched some of Bama over the weekend and it doesn't look like they play much defense. They pressure full court a little but there is little resistance after that.

Reactions: tenwest

Somewhat? lol...Playing Arizona in Indianapolis is not neutral or even close to it. lol

That said, Arizona is a very good team and my daughter goes there right now, so that will be a fun game in my household, lol

Reactions: oldboiler52
Somewhat? lol...Playing Arizona in Indianapolis is not neutral or even close to it. lol

That said, Arizona is a very good team and my daughter goes there right now, so that will be a fun game in my household, lol
Goes into the books as a neutral site game just like the games in Maui do. Same as Indinia's win yesterday over Harvard.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Goes into the books as a neutral site game just like the games in Maui do. Same as Indinia's win yesterday over Harvard.

I am not an idiot, obviously any game not at Mackey is considered neutral in the books, but that doesnt mean a game in Indy is neutral.

Its not a neutral site, it will be full on Purdue fans obviously. It's the Indy Classic and only one of those teams is from Indiana.

Reactions: BoilerNGold013
I am not an idiot, obviously any game not at Mackey is considered neutral in the books, but that doesnt mean a game in Indy is neutral.

Its not a neutral site, it will be full on Purdue fans obviously. It's the Indy Classic and only one of those teams is from Indiana.
Just saying that's why DDD called it "somewhat neutral." It is but it isn't.

IU fans in Indy will pay to root against the Boilers. :cool:

Reactions: Schnelk and Lee3370
The 3 that didn't vote Purdue #1:

Bob Ballou from Austin, TX. Had Purdue #7 last week. Has UConn #1, Purdue #2.

Justin Jackson from Morgantown, WV. Had Purdue #3 last week, behind UConn at 2, Kansas at 1. Simply moved both up 1 spot.

Kevin Sjuts from Lincoln, NE. Had Purdue behind Arizona last week and kept it the same.

The 3 that didn't vote Purdue #1:

Bob Ballou from Austin, TX. Had Purdue #7 last week. Has UConn #1, Purdue #2.

Justin Jackson from Morgantown, WV. Had Purdue #3 last week, behind UConn at 2, Kansas at 1. Simply moved both up 1 spot.

Kevin Sjuts from Lincoln, NE. Had Purdue behind Arizona last week and kept it the same.
Those are reasonable votes at this stage. We’ll see how Purdue stacks up against Arizona soon enough.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Those are reasonable votes at this stage. We’ll see how Purdue stacks up against Arizona soon enough.
Arizona looks scary good. Will be a fun one to see how painter counters their athleticism and if we can get their two 7 footers in foul trouble

You get far too much enjoyment laughing at so many posts.

I am very sarcastic in person, i am a very regular on a pro Cleveland sports mmessage board and am very well known for my dad humor. I acutally get called to rate others dad jokes, lol....

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT