ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue back to #1 with 48 of 62 #1 votes

Houston has it pretty easy (like normal) until they hit a stretch towards the end of January where they go to a ranked BYU, a home game against KSU, and then have back to backs at TX and Kansas. It’s good to see that Kelvin Sanctions is finally going to see some big boy competition in the regular season after the Cougs finally exited Conference ATM.

The Houston #1 voters

Adam Cole, Auburn AL
Andrew Quinn, Spokane
Dave Reardon, Honolulu
Dylan Sinn, Fort Wayne & IU grad
JB Ricks, Raleigh
Jeff Neiburg, Philadelphia
Luke DeCock, Raleigh
Mark Zeigler, San diego

Houston shouldn't even be top 5 until they play some good teams. Which I think I saw they won't play any current ranked teams until February. I could be wrong on that.
Thought I read they have the 2nd most quad 1 wins of anyone (behind us). Sounds like the rest of their schedule so far is doodoo.

Thought I read they have the 2nd most quad 1 wins of anyone (behind us). Sounds like the rest of their schedule so far is doodoo.
You are correct. Didn't realize that. Not sure any of them have been ranked though which is what I was saying.

The Houston #1 voters

Adam Cole, Auburn AL
Andrew Quinn, Spokane
Dave Reardon, Honolulu
JB Ricks, Raleigh
Luke DeCock, Raleigh
Mark Zeigler, San diego
What's in the water in Raleigh???

Correct. They are 4-0 Q1, 7-0 Q4. Nothing in between. Never seen a resume like it.

Similar to last year - had a bunch of Q4 games, IIRC. This year, though - as some of us have posted, they will eventually get tested in conference in Big XII games with @ BYU, Kansas (2), Texas (2), and @ Oklahoma.

With that - they are talented......can defend and cause havoc, and if they are hitting from long-range....they will be really tough. Could easily see them in a Regional Final or better, but they could get knocked out early like last year too with one bad game like just about everyone else. Regardless of how you view his transgressions, Sampson can really coach.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Similar to last year - had a bunch of Q4 games, IIRC. This year, though - as some of us have posted, they will eventually get tested in conference in Big XII games with @ BYU, Kansas (2), Texas (2), and @ Oklahoma.

With that - they are talented......can defend and cause havoc, and if they are hitting from long-range....they will be really tough. Could easily see them in a Regional Final or better, but they could get knocked out early like last year too with one bad game like just about everyone else. Regardless of how you view his transgressions, Sampson can really coach.
They will always play top-notch defense. They did lose a rotation player, Terrence Arceneaux, for the season to an Achilles injury.

I'm not surprised...
nate-diaz-not-surprised.gif

What's in the water in Raleigh???
Having lived there for a long time, their sports writers don't recognize any colors beyond Carolina blue.

Never been impressed with Luke de Cock. And I've never heard of the other guy.

The Houston #1 voters

Adam Cole, Auburn AL
Andrew Quinn, Spokane
Dave Reardon, Honolulu
JB Ricks, Raleigh
Luke DeCock, Raleigh
Mark Zeigler, San diego
I am surprised to see one vote from Spokane.

I agree about Nebraska. They are playing better than many of the big-name BIG teams right now. I don't know if they have the depth yet, but their starters are good.
Tominaga will be tough, but I hope our perimeter defense can be better and shut him down. Like many teams, they don’t have an answer for Zach, but obviously we will need to continue to hit shots to stay out in front or it may be a dog fight (although, what B1G game isn’t 😂)

Tominaga will be tough, but I hope our perimeter defense can be better and shut him down. Like many teams, they don’t have an answer for Zach, but obviously we will need to continue to hit shots to stay out in front or it may be a dog fight (although, what B1G game isn’t 😂)

Oh I'd hasten to wager Tominaga is going something like 7/9 from deep with at least two insane banks.....haha.

639507bfabea8.image.jpg

Reactions: tenwest
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT