ADVERTISEMENT

Trey is making his decision on October 30th

He could find time at the 3/4. No he isn't going to play 30 minutes as a freshman, but few do. If he plays 15 to 20 minutes that's reasonable.

He could find time at the 3/4. No he isn't going to play 30 minutes as a freshman, but few do. If he plays 15 to 20 minutes that's reasonable.
Are you trolling or stupid? Kaufman will be the best player on your team the minute he walks on the court if he goes to PU. That’s not a knock on your team he’s just that good.

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk
Are you trolling or stupid? Kaufman will be the best player on your team the minute he walks on the court if he goes to PU. That’s not a knock on your team he’s just that good.
That remains to be seen. When Biggie was a freshman he was probably our 3rd best option and definitely not our "go to" guy. Did he develop into that....sure, but not as a true freshman.

Why would he go to iu? There's no beach. Weather sucks. No nightlife.
Guess you missed the statement made by Bell mentioned during the game where he specifically said he went to Purdue because it was close to his grandma.

So much for location not being part of a recruits decision eh? But don't worry. We already knew you were wrong.

We'll know more tomorrow.
What time is the announcement?

IUhaterade said:
It’s the 30th right? That would be Friday
So what you're saying is that tomorrow we can say we'll know more tomorrow!!!

Yes, SlBoiler2 Johnson is right. Tomorrow, we'll know more tomorrow. Don't know if there's been any announcement on the actual time of the announcement. Stay tuned......

ContentComplexDachshund-max-1mb.gif

DirtyTeemingGar-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

Yes, SlBoiler2 Johnson is right. Tomorrow, we'll know more tomorrow. Don't know if there's been any announcement on the actual time of the announcement. Stay tuned......

ContentComplexDachshund-max-1mb.gif

DirtyTeemingGar-max-1mb.gif
In all ways and in all things we know more tomorrow absent death or dementia. Some of what we may learn may not be factual though! ;)

Furst is currently rated higher.

Slightly higher, but still higher.
That doesn’t mean a thing. I don’t think he’s the Cody Zeller that I thought he was going to be. Yes, I’m just basing that off the AAU game where Kaufman and Duncomb made him look bad so the sample size is small. It may be better for you though if he’s good but not 2 and done good? Barring injury Kaufman is no more than 2 and done though. I think he’s really really good and should be rated in the top 10 of this class. If you do get him you may seriously win it all while he’s there as you’ll be truly loaded at least on paper. He’s the missing piece and I’m sure Painter has told him this.

That doesn’t mean a thing. I don’t think he’s the Cody Zeller that I thought he was going to be. Yes, I’m just basing that off the AAU game where Kaufman and Duncomb made him look bad so the sample size is small. It may be better for you though if he’s good but not 2 and done good? Barring injury Kaufman is no more than 2 and done though. I think he’s really really good and should be rated in the top 10 of this class. If you do get him you may seriously win it all while he’s there as you’ll be truly loaded at least on paper. He’s the missing piece and I’m sure Painter has told him this.

Horsecrap.

It does "mean a thing".

You attempted to claim Kaufman would be the best player on the floor when(!) he goes to Purdue. If he's not considered the best player in his recruiting class, your claim falls apart completely.

That is, assuming we're going to be logical.

I read where it’s Archie’s birthday Oct 30. We’ll see if it will be a happy one.

Last edited:
In all ways and in all things we know more tomorrow absent death or dementia. Some of what we may learn may not be factual though! ;)

Yes.....I know that I'm crazier by the day and that there's more that I know that I didn't know than what I thought I knew that I didn't know.

6nF6.gif

Yes.....I know that I'm crazier by the day and that there's more that I know that I didn't know than what I thought I knew that I didn't know.

6nF6.gif
Totally understandable and accurate.

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. " The last is what gets us!!! ;)

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. " The last is what gets us!!! ;)
WISDOM is knowing what you know and clearly knowing what you don't know.

Your conclusions (and opinions) will be challenged ... know when to hold'em and know when to fold 'em.

Your conclusions (and opinions) will be challenged ... know when to hold'em and know when to fold 'em.
As easy as it is to understand...humanity typically blurs the difference...some much more than others.

Horsecrap.

It does "mean a thing".

You attempted to claim Kaufman would be the best player on the floor when(!) he goes to Purdue. If he's not considered the best player in his recruiting class, your claim falls apart completely.

That is, assuming we're going to be logical.
There are many out there that think Kaufman is better than Furst and I’m one of them. Peg ram has never been wrong and upped his confidence within the last couple of days so I don’t know why you’re so confident? Yes, I think he’s going to PU too but I have no idea and neither do you.

*** and you never count your money when your sittin at the table.....they'll be time enough for countin when the dealin's done.....

HeftyMessyIrukandjijellyfish-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Do Dah Day
As it’s been stated a few times in this chat, I think we don’t have a clue. The “experts” and crystal ball picks have been wrong before.

There are many out there that think Kaufman is better than Furst and I’m one of them. Peg ram has never been wrong and upped his confidence within the last couple of days so I don’t know why you’re so confident? Yes, I think he’s going to PU too but I have no idea and neither do you.
Don’t take this the wrong way, but are you in junior high by chance? E-Learning day perhaps?

I thought I read 6pm ET somewhere.

Pegram has never been wrong...

Okay... I never expressed any confidence about Kaufman. I know NOTHING. ;)

I do like 'tweaking' the resident IU fans, too many of which obsess over what goes on here.

You can cite unclear and vague justification, but they still are what they are.... rated VERY similarly, with Furst owning a higher evaluation. Which... again... cuts to the heart of your assertion. (Which, by the way really makes no sense.)

Ok I made an error. I do think a kid ranked as high as Trey is skilled enough to compete for minutes immediately.
Agree, no question that Trey plays significant minutes as a freshman at Purdue, it’s more that he won’t be handed a starting position as he would be at IU. Hopefully he sees himself as a 2 to 3 year player and sees the value in an apprentice role as a freshman versus being thrust into the limelight based on need.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT