ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers 2018

I just watched some tape of Boudreaux...Sorry, the guy is not a B10 level athlete. He's a below the rim 6'8 player. He might be player, but when a decent player goes against other decent players who also happen to be good athletes, it doesn't end well.
Purdue has had enough of them in the past, don't need to add another to the list.
Ever considered going into scouting? Between the Bird comments and this you seem to have a keen understanding of the game.

It was comments like that about Bird and his jealousy of MJ that kept Ike Thomas off the Dream Team. And that was so great to watch.

I hope this Boudreaux kid works out but when he can’t compete against the top talent he’ll face in the B10, I’ll be waiting with a smile on my face.

I hope this Boudreaux kid works out but when he can’t compete against the top talent he’ll face in the B10, I’ll be waiting with a smile on my face.

What top talent is in the B1G? We are a second class conference when it comes to talent in this current downtick for the conference. Will he have to worry about lottery pick athleticism more than 3x a year?

Care to make a friendly wager?

If he works out- we can negotiate terms of success - you have to remain silent for 12 months on here. No negative postings.

If he doesn’t meet our negotiated criteria the. I will tAke 12 months off.

Deal!

So basically Boudreaux is a similar player to Cardinal or a Matt Howard and Taylor is a clone of James Blackmon Jr.

Edited to add: Since when is 6'8" undersized for a forward in college? Maybe the nba but not college.

EB is more mobile than Matt Howard, has better range, and can break down defenses better.

Howard was a beast, but was a product of a great system.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
a fair question would be would a player of Bird's athleticism, height and talents be as successful today as Larry Bird was? I believe McDermott answered that question for college basketball. The answer is yes. A Purdue related question - would a player of Rick Mount's skills be as good today as he was when he played for Purdue? Mount was a 6'4 small forward. Could he succeed today as a 6'4 forward? he had a lot of problems in the pros trying to convert to playing guard.

a fair question would be would a player of Bird's athleticism, height and talents be as successful today as Larry Bird was? I believe McDermott answered that question for college basketball. The answer is yes. A Purdue related question - would a player of Rick Mount's skills be as good today as he was when he played for Purdue? Mount was a 6'4 small forward. Could he succeed today as a 6'4 forward? he had a lot of problems in the pros trying to convert to playing guard.
Mount was an aberration of a player. I played against him in High School and knew him while at Purdue. He did not really fit any position. He didn't/couldn't play Defense, he was too skinny to get in and rebound, but he could elevate and shoot from anywhere at any time and on the move (his famous falling over the baseline in the corner shot was his signature shot). He would be a 2 guard today and with the rules, I think he would set NCAA scoring records, as would Maravich. But he couldn't play for Painter - totally zero defense. He was a decent ball-handler and moved well without the ball. So, he could play like Dakota.

Which is exactly the problem. Why would that make you smile? To have your negative opinion vindicated?

Seems like you'd rather be wrong and have him (and the team) succeed.

Nothing would make me happier than for this kid to come in and prove me wrong. And, if it happens, I'll be the first to serve up the helping of crow and admit I was wrong. But, we've seen our team get taken apart by better athletes in the tourney 4 straight years. I just don't think this kid helps that trend.

This should tell you something...The check out his offer list from high school. Sad B10 teams and a bunch of Ivy Leagues.
Kid must be really smart, just not sure he's the answer to our lack of athleticism.

Tayler Persons could be a possible grad transfer as well. Remember Biggie took his transfer spot a few years ago. Could be a great PG for us and give Nojel another year to develop.

Reactions: Fansince72
This should tell you something...The check out his offer list from high school. Sad B10 teams and a bunch of Ivy Leagues.
Kid must be really smart, just not sure he's the answer to our lack of athleticism.

He isn't the answer to lack of athleticism. He's just a good basketball player who Xavier, among others, also thought was an answer to other problems. Sorry we can't get LeBron to come to Purdue, is he athletic enough for you?

He had offers from Xavier and PSU, and was a recruiting target of Michigan (don't know if he got an offer, but the Blue fan base was following him closely). I don't think anyone would call PSU sad after their NIT performance, and Michigan seems to be doing okay too. I think UM is in some sort of "sad" tournament, right Lenny?

Better check on that stick up your butt. Might need to be shifted a bit.

He had offers from Xavier and PSU, and was a recruiting target of Michigan (don't know if he got an offer, but the Blue fan base was following him closely). I don't think anyone would call PSU sad after their NIT performance, and Michigan seems to be doing okay too. I think UM is in some sort of "sad" tournament, right Lenny?

Mack wanted him at Louisville.

News flash: The kid ain't in HS anymore. Looking at a kid's offers from HS when he's a COLLEGE FREAKIN' GRAD is as irrelevant as the score at tipoff.

Nothing would make me happier than for this kid to come in and prove me wrong. And, if it happens, I'll be the first to serve up the helping of crow and admit I was wrong. But, we've seen our team get taken apart by better athletes in the tourney 4 straight years. I just don't think this kid helps that trend.

I call B*LLSH*T.

You don't admit when you're wrong.

You were wrong in an earlier thread, yet when called out on being wrong you attack the person calling you out.

Here's his offer list:
Dartmouth
Bucknell
DePaul
Iowa
Iowa State
Northwestern
Princeton
Yale
No mention of PSU (according to ESPN) and just because he talked to a Michigan coach one time, doesn't mean Michigan was recruiting him.
Like I said, he had offers from other programs in the B10 that love below the rim types (Iowa/NU), a crap Big East program (DePaul) a decent B12 team (ISU) and then a bunch of brain schools.
All I'm saying is that we constantly complain about our lack of athleticism and how we get beat by more athletic teams in the tourney. Then Painter goes out and gives a scholly to that exact type of player.
I predict Travis Carroll 2.0

I call B*LLSH*T.

You don't admit when you're wrong.

You were wrong in an earlier thread, yet when called out on being wrong you attack the person calling you out.

Wrong, I always admit when I'm wrong. But, I think you're referring to the guy arguing with me whether it's been 38 or 40 years since Purdue's last FF. Apparently, he felt much better that it was only 38....

Here's his offer list:
Dartmouth
Bucknell
DePaul
Iowa
Iowa State
Northwestern
Princeton
Yale
No mention of PSU (according to ESPN) and just because he talked to a Michigan coach one time, doesn't mean Michigan was recruiting him.
Like I said, he had offers from other programs in the B10 that love below the rim types (Iowa/NU), a crap Big East program (DePaul) a decent B12 team (ISU) and then a bunch of brain schools.
All I'm saying is that we constantly complain about our lack of athleticism and how we get beat by more athletic teams in the tourney. Then Painter goes out and gives a scholly to that exact type of player.
Go look at what he averaged against tourney teams while at Dartmouth. This ain’t Tacos.

Wrong, I always admit when I'm wrong. But, I think you're referring to the guy arguing with me whether it's been 38 or 40 years since Purdue's last FF. Apparently, he felt much better that it was only 38....

You lied to make your argument look better.

Then, when called on it you attacked messenger.

I don't care if it's 38, 98, 8 or 108. You lied to make you point, then went on the attack because someone had the nerve to point it out.

That's a lack of character.

Here's his offer list:
Dartmouth
Bucknell
DePaul
Iowa
Iowa State
Northwestern
Princeton
Yale

Here are his offers TODAY:

Louisville
Wisconsin
NC State
Illinois
Butler

If you watched his video in college and think he's Travis Carroll, you're clueless.

Here's his offer list:
Dartmouth
Bucknell
DePaul
Iowa
Iowa State
Northwestern
Princeton
Yale

Bird would have a tough time in today’s game. He’d be similar to Cardinal. Good, not great.

Keep 'em flyin, Lenny.

bff21d.jpg

TGIF, and Happy Easter!

coming out of high school
Here's his offer list:
Dartmouth
Bucknell
DePaul
Iowa
Iowa State
Northwestern
Princeton
Yale
That's quite a list of offers. Better check the Xavier rivals site. They thought he was transferring to their school and got all excited about it. Evan did a whole lot more than talk to a Michigan coach. I believe he had an official visit there.

You also failed to see and list the PSU offer. He had ten offers coming out of high school. You left off another one as well. Were all those mistakes intentional?

Here is a little more from ESPN:
"Boudreaux visited Purdue early in the season after opting to pursue a grad transfer, but soon after committed to Xavier over the Boilermakers and Colorado.

Musketeer coach Chris Mack's move to Louisville prompted him to re-open things.

Mack targeted Boudreaux for Louisville soon after taking over. Among other immediate offers that came in, per Boudreaux: Illinois, Wisconsin, Butler and N.C. State."

Last edited:
He isn't the answer to lack of athleticism. He's just a good basketball player who Xavier, among others, also thought was an answer to other problems. Sorry we can't get LeBron to come to Purdue, is he athletic enough for you?

in his defense, I think the athleticism comment was maybe less a personal viewpoint, and more about others opinions.

some posters keep pointing out purdues lack of athletes vs the opposition. how athletes trump skill players. even compared to "lesser" teams like a Texas tech who has endured coach instability , less $, less tradition, etc. does he fit the criteria that others have been clamoring for... may be the better worded question/observation. or is that 1 criteria being weighed a bit too heavily / out of proportion.

Last edited:
I will agree that bonefish was correct about Boudreax's offers coming out of high school . They were not great. However, I saw a couple of my posts in that original thread, so at least one of the schools that was interested was Purdue.

But after playing two years, it appears that Boudreaux has improved his game, and he has a lot of good schools now interested and recruiting him. I imagine he'd have even more if he hadn't committed to Xavier so quickly, and then committed to Purdue. I believe he's a lot better now than he was 3 years ago.

Somebody brought up Peck as a grad transfer who had nice stats before he came to Purdue, and then didn't do much while he was here. Peck was basically a 5 PPG and 5 rebound a game player. Some people expected a lot more from him.

I believe with 2 years eligibility, you will see a lot more from Boudreaux, than we did from Peck. I also believe , unlike Ewing, Boudreaux is a guy who knows painter's system, and will fit in a lot better.

coming out of high school
That's quite a list of offers. Better check the Xavier rivals site. They thought he was transferring to their school and got all excited about it. Evan did a whole lot more than talk to a Michigan coach. I believe he had an official visit there.

You also failed to see and list the PSU offer. He had ten offers coming out of high school. You left off another one as well. Were all those mistakes intentional?

Here is a little more from ESPN:
"Boudreaux visited Purdue early in the season after opting to pursue a grad transfer, but soon after committed to Xavier over the Boilermakers and Colorado.

Musketeer coach Chris Mack's move to Louisville prompted him to re-open things.

Mack targeted Boudreaux for Louisville soon after taking over. Among other immediate offers that came in, per Boudreaux: Illinois, Wisconsin, Butler and N.C. State."
AN exuberant Bonerfish would be if Boudreaux had visited, then accepted Butler, or L'ville, or Illinois, or Wisc.... and personally beaten us a few times ... his ecstasy would know no bounds as he hammered us with how Painter lost another one.

You lied to make your argument look better.

Then, when called on it you attacked messenger.

I don't care if it's 38, 98, 8 or 108. You lied to make you point, then went on the attack because someone had the nerve to point it out.

That's a lack of character.
Lack of character? The guy who constantly preached that Purdue must recruit like the guys who have now been nailed by the FBI? naw...

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT