ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers 2018

Actually, I saw Carsen play in HS and made comparisons of him to Russell Westbrook. I got laughed at, but told people this kid would be special and that he was under recruited.
As for EB: does this team need a below the rim 6’8 forward? How does he help solve the rebounding problem? How does he make us more athletic? How does he help us against teams that have faster, more athletic players?
Rebounding is not all about athleticism.

You seem very concerned about this, as if convincing us to agree with you will change the roster. It's so important to you that you are using dishonest arguments. It's a done deal. Get over it.

Luckily it isn't your job to get players for this team. Purdue would likely be on probation if you were.

Last edited:
Rebounding is not all about athleticism.

You're WRONG.

100% wrong.

Rebounding has absolutely nothing to do with athleticism, and everything to do with attitude, focus and technique. Probably in that order. (sorry, couldn't resist starting the post that way!)

That's what has aggravated me so much with some of Painter's teams. I watch a shot go up, watch our bigs near/under the basket, and they're not intentional. They don't have the attitude, "THAT D@MN BALL IS MINE". That's the attitude of a rebounder. You see them working before the ball even hits the rim.

Look at Cameron Krutwig’s offer list out of high school. 6’-9”, 260 lbs has played pretty well for Loyola in the tournament. Not athletic but understands how to play.

Reactions: Purdue85
I based my opinion off of the video I watched and after doing so, went to look at his offer list which pretty much confirmed my suspicion that this kid wasn’t recruited by many high major programs.
I would have rather seen Painter go the juco route and gotten an athletic wing.
Look, I’m not saying this kid will be a bust and for our sake, I hope he completely and utterly proves me wrong. Nothing would make me happier than for this kid to be a huge piece of a FF run.
Damn, those kids from Loyola or Duncan Robinson must all be trash...

That center for Loyola could easily start on most B1G teams...he has an array of post moves and great feet. Wonder what his offer list was.

You have totally unrealistic expectations and are a complete douche. You have been proven wrong multiple times and then backtrack to make it seem and if you are correct...you must be a joy to be married or be in a relationship with as your behavior here likely lends itself to how you behave in real life. If it doesn’t, then you are one of two things: miserably lonely (which likely lends itself to my first point) or a douche troll from another team.

Whatever you are or arent, you’ve earned your place on my ban list and I suggest others follow suit. A fan should never openly cheer for a Boilermaker player to fail...and Evan is a Boilermaker.

Unsuccessful? I’d say a guy who is clearly outclassed athletically, struggles on O and D because the guy he’s going against is faster/stronger. Is just a step slower.
I wouldn’t use Eifert as the bar because he’s a walk-on and while scrappy, was a liability on offense.
I would agree 10/5 is a high bar. You might have set some unrealistic expectations.
You show your lack of basketball intellect here.

Eifert was always going to be and will always be option 5 when on the court. He likely hasn’t ZERO sets run for him and the staff expects him to keep the ball moving, rebound, and make high effort plays...that’s exactly what he did. When his minutes upticked, his output got better and better...I wonder why?

You assumptions on his ability is based solely on him playing in the Ivy League and watching video clip of highlights...what highlight reel is going to show you numerous rebounds? Laughable.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Damn, those kids from Loyola or Duncan Robinson must all be trash...

That center for Loyola could easily start on most B1G teams...he has an array of post moves and great feet. Wonder what his offer list was.

You have totally unrealistic expectations and are a complete douche. You have been proven wrong multiple times and then backtrack to make it seem and if you are correct...you must be a joy to be married or be in a relationship with as your behavior here likely lends itself to how you behave in real life. If it doesn’t, then you are one of two things: miserably lonely (which likely lends itself to my first point) or a douche troll from another team.

Whatever you are or arent, you’ve earned your place on my ban list and I suggest others follow suit. A fan should never openly cheer for a Boilermaker player to fail...and Evan is a Boilermaker.

Wait.....you called me a douche AND I’m on your banned list? It’s an Easter miracle!

You show your lack of basketball intellect here.

Eifert was always going to be and will always be option 5 when on the court. He likely hasn’t ZERO sets run for him and the staff expects him to keep the ball moving, rebound, and make high effort plays...that’s exactly what he did. When his minutes upticked, his output got better and better...I wonder why?

You assumptions on his ability is based solely on him playing in the Ivy League and watching video clip of highlights...what highlight reel is going to show you numerous rebounds? Laughable.

The point that he played at Dartmouth is exactly the reason for concern. He rarely faced the competition and athletes he’ll see at Purdue.
Just for the record, and so some of you can pull your panties out of their wad, I hope EB comes in and is is a helluva player, helps Purdue win helps the team make a deep tourny run. Nothing would make me happier and I would come on here and say I made the wrong call.
But, based on what I’ve seen on tape and some other factors, I just question whether he makes PU more athletic and helps beat more athletic teams, which again, have hammered us in the tourny lately.

Wait.....you called me a douche AND I’m on your banned list? It’s an Easter miracle!
Yes the criticism of your posts is a little heavy, but you are being a douche about this kid. Furthermore you have posted misinformation about him. The best approach might be to just leave well enough alone.

By the way, don’t try to tell us about how you were on this player early. I read your bullshit about Carsen, and figure if Evan works out, you will try the same reversal.

The point that he played at Dartmouth is exactly the reason for concern. He rarely faced the competition and athletes he’ll see at Purdue.
Just for the record, and so some of you can pull your panties out of their wad, I hope EB comes in and is is a helluva player, helps Purdue win helps the team make a deep tourny run. Nothing would make me happier and I would come on here and say I made the wrong call.
But, based on what I’ve seen on tape and some other factors, I just question whether he makes PU more athletic and helps beat more athletic teams, which again, have hammered us in the tourny lately.

I don’t want to get into a pissing contest with you but athletism is only one factor that makes up a great B.B. player. We had a freak athlete named Jacob Lawson a few years ago. How did that work out for us? Like many of our recruits, they have not faced BIG level of competition in their past but most overcome it. I have no reason to believe EB won’t and probably much quicker than most. We should all feel good about this recruit and the upside he brings. I can’t envision many negatives with two years of eligibility.

I based my opinion off of the video I watched and after doing so, went to look at his offer list which pretty much confirmed my suspicion that this kid wasn’t recruited by many high major programs.
I would have rather seen Painter go the juco route and gotten an athletic wing.
Look, I’m not saying this kid will be a bust and for our sake, I hope he completely and utterly proves me wrong. Nothing would make me happier than for this kid to be a huge piece of a FF run.
We recruited him in HS as did MSU , Mich , ILL , and more his Mom played for Dartmouth and provides an endowment of 1.2 million per yr to the women's program it was no secret he was going to chose Dartmouth so many programs pulled out early including Purdue . His offers had nothing to do with talent . When he announced he was transferring over 20 high majors contacted him . This kid is going to be first or second team All B1G Ten . Many if not all of the talking heads rated him as the top available transfer . We didn't hit a home run here we hit a grand slam . His mom is the head of Anthem and makes at least 11 million a year without bonuses she is based out of Indianapolis . I don't know what video's you watched but I suggest you watch game video's not highlights . He dives on the floor for loose balls and goes for almost every rebound Brian Cardinal 2.0 IMO . With Evan many like Izzo and Painter thought they could sway him away from Dartmouth after a few months he committed to Dartmouth early so he could concentrate on studying and shut down all recruiting . Also he has spent the last year with NBA level personal trainers so I would assume he has improved .

We recruited him in HS as did MSU , Mich , ILL , and more his Mom played for Dartmouth and provides an endowment of 1.2 million per yr to the women's program it was no secret he was going to chose Dartmouth so many programs pulled out early including Purdue . His offers had nothing to do with talent . When he announced he was transferring over 20 high majors contacted him . This kid is going to be first or second team All B1G Ten . Many if not all of the talking heads rated him as the top available transfer . We didn't hit a home run here we hit a grand slam . His mom is the head of Anthem and makes at least 11 million a year without bonuses she is based out of Indianapolis . I don't know what video's you watched but I suggest you watch game video's not highlights . He dives on the floor for loose balls and goes for almost every rebound Brian Cardinal 2.0 IMO . With Evan many like Izzo and Painter thought they could sway him away from Dartmouth after a few months he committed to Dartmouth early so he could concentrate on studying and shut down all recruiting . Also he has spent the last year with NBA level personal trainers so I would assume he has improved .
Thank you ... or more ... Bonerfish, STFU

I asked you to define said criteria.

I will say 8 points and 4 rebound average throughout the season.

We make the tourney as well.

So, do you consider a guy that comes in and provides 8/4 a great pick up? A 6’8 guy that appears to be a below the rim player and an average athlete? Again, does he solve the problem that we all seem to agree on, which is a lack of athleticism?
I’m just questioning whether this is the best Painter could get.

Yes the criticism of your posts is a little heavy, but you are being a douche about this kid. Furthermore you have posted misinformation about him. The best approach might be to just leave well enough alone.

By the way, don’t try to tell us about how you were on this player early. I read your bullshit about Carsen, and figure if Evan works out, you will try the same reversal.

No. I stand by my statements, whether right or wrong. I could go back and pull my out my comments about Carsen and show what I said, but I don’t need to feel vindicated by doing so.
I called PJ out also, but people love to debate that.

Ok, so, you’re going on record that this kid will be 1st or 2nd team B10?
Wow, now we’ve got people expecting 16/9 and now all conference? Lofty expectations....

So, do you consider a guy that comes in and provides 8/4 a great pick up? A 6’8 guy that appears to be a below the rim player and an average athlete? Again, does he solve the problem that we all seem to agree on, which is a lack of athleticism?

If 8/4 is better than what he is replacing, which again, it appears to be Eifert, then the easy/obvious answer is yes it is a very good pickup. At this point, there isn't a better player/option for Painter to bring in for '18. This was a pretty obvious no brainer here. Especially with all of the senior leadership going away, adding in a starter with several years of experience is a great thing (and yes, he should be a day one starter. The unknowns are if he is passed by Wheeler/Williams, but it's not to say that he couldn't start along Wheeler/Williams and kick Cline out of the starting lineup.)

You keep using their term athlete. Mo Wagner would qualify as an average athlete and he just carried his team to the championship game. I could care less about his athleticism if he can a)get it done defensively b) fit the system c) be efficient. If he is 8/4 and can defend plus maybe adds 3-4 assists a game while limiting turnovers I would say that is still very successful.

Evan has a high basketball IQ, I don't expect him fitting the system will be an issue. The question is whether he will struggle early getting the rust off. There will be plenty of tune up games before competition gets increased over the level he played at previously.

I hope he has a similar success of Howard from Butler. Same general build, athleticism, and stats. Howard lead his team to back to back championship games.

We just had a player that was loaded with athleticism in Ewing. But he couldn't see playing time and eventually was removed from the team. This argument of athleticism is silly if he can get it done. If he can't defend or rebound then yes, that will limit his play time. I don't think scoring will be an issue and with current needs he will be a wing/4 type player.

With as drawn out as these silly arguments are and how many theads cover the same thing, it will be very nice once the games start back up again. No more complaining about kids that haven't played a single minute for Purdue yet.

Ok, so, you’re going on record that this kid will be 1st or 2nd team B10?
Wow, now we’ve got people expecting 16/9 and now all conference? Lofty expectations....
Yes I am without any reservation . I have watched him play in 4 complete games he out hustles everyone on the court and gets many of his rebounds by slicing thru others who assume they have it . His shot fake is extremely effective and he seems to be balanced even with contact . If Carsen turns pro he will be our leading scorer and he will be our leading rebounder either way .

If 8/4 is better than what he is replacing, which again, it appears to be Eifert, then the easy/obvious answer is yes it is a very good pickup. At this point, there isn't a better player/option for Painter to bring in for '18. This was a pretty obvious no brainer here. Especially with all of the senior leadership going away, adding in a starter with several years of experience is a great thing (and yes, he should be a day one starter. The unknowns are if he is passed by Wheeler/Williams, but it's not to say that he couldn't start along Wheeler/Williams and kick Cline out of the starting lineup.)

You keep using their term athlete. Mo Wagner would qualify as an average athlete and he just carried his team to the championship game. I could care less about his athleticism if he can a)get it done defensively b) fit the system c) be efficient. If he is 8/4 and can defend plus maybe adds 3-4 assists a game while limiting turnovers I would say that is still very successful.

Evan has a high basketball IQ, I don't expect him fitting the system will be an issue. The question is whether he will struggle early getting the rust off. There will be plenty of tune up games before competition gets increased over the level he played at previously.

I hope he has a similar success of Howard from Butler. Same general build, athleticism, and stats. Howard lead his team to back to back championship games.

We just had a player that was loaded with athleticism in Ewing. But he couldn't see playing time and eventually was removed from the team. This argument of athleticism is silly if he can get it done. If he can't defend or rebound then yes, that will limit his play time. I don't think scoring will be an issue and with current needs he will be a wing/4 type player.

With as drawn out as these silly arguments are and how many theads cover the same thing, it will be very nice once the games start back up again. No more complaining about kids that haven't played a single minute for Purdue yet.
Evan should be the starting 4, so it would be Vince's numbers you would need to compare.

I like the pick up a lot, but let's not get carried away projecting his career at Purdue. Another poster (a respected one) is claiming he will average 16 and 9, and will be 1st or 2nd B1G...

Again, I like the pickup, but I don't think this keeps us in the top 4 in the B1G.

Evan should be the starting 4, so it would be Vince's numbers you would need to compare.
Vince is gone either way. If we didn't have EB we would be starting.. Eifert/Tre/Wheeler at the 4. So he is replacing the stats of whoever would have started. And if he is more productive than what we think we could have gotten from that group, then it's a good pickup.

Reactions: Roeder
Here's the bottom line. If CMP would have turned down EB , some other top 10 team ( similar to Xavier) would have have picked him up. A coach would be an idiot not to.

We were making a wager that you would disappear.

I asked you to establish a metric to judge his success.

You again change the topic.

Painter is a terrible evaluator of talent yet he makes millions and you post messages on an Internet forum. I’ll take his judgement.

I like the pick up a lot, but let's not get carried away projecting his career at Purdue. Another poster (a respected one) is claiming he will average 16 and 9, and will be 1st or 2nd B1G...

Again, I like the pickup, but I don't think this keeps us in the top 4 in the B1G.

Vince isn't back next year so comparing him is moot. The value in the pickup is what he can contribute. If he is better than what we have and can get, then there is value there. It isn't exactly rocket science. He doesn't have to be All-Big Ten to be considered a successful sign. He just has to contribute. A two year starter would be a big deal and would put a lot less pressure on Wheeler/Williams having to start right out the gate.

I haven't seen anything from Evan that shows he can't compete in this league. The type of player he is fits into Painter's system. Painter wanted him and he went and got him.

Vince isn't back next year so comparing him is moot. The value in the pickup is what he can contribute. If he is better than what we have and can get, then there is value there. It isn't exactly rocket science. He doesn't have to be All-Big Ten to be considered a successful sign. He just has to contribute. A two year starter would be a big deal and would put a lot less pressure on Wheeler/Williams having to start right out the gate.

I haven't seen anything from Evan that shows he can't compete in this league. The type of player he is fits into Painter's system. Painter wanted him and he went and got him.
That's fair, and I agree. I was just basically saying it is crazy at this point to be projecting this guy as All B1G. Evan hasn't played a game in over a year, and I believe hasn't practiced with a team in that time.

Still a good pick up, just not likely a needle mover.

PS: I know you didn't predict all conference.

That's fair, and I agree. I was just basically saying it is crazy at this point to be projecting this guy as All B1G. Evan hasn't played a game in over a year, and I believe hasn't practiced with a team in that time.

Still a good pick up, just not likely a needle mover.

PS: I know you didn't predict all conference.

I would love to see him all conference. I was one of the ones that was hesitant on him by the way. I would have preferred Timmie and Okoro because I think they would provide immediate impacts and stick around for a few years. The trade off is it isn't guaranteed we land even one of top targets, let alone two. Also, I think adding Evan will help a lot for the immediate future (i.e. Next year). I think Evan makes them a favorite to make the tournament and a top 5 in the Big if he can be near the 10/5 I think is reasonable to expect.

I honestly don't know what to expect other than I expect him to be a day one starter and better than Eifert. It wouldn't shock me if Wheeler and Williams are so impressive they work into the starting lineup.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Pointless to have discussions with people who can't admit when they're wrong. @bonefish1 based much of his opinion on Boudreaux by saying he didn't have a lot of high major offers. When he was shown that Boudreaux actually did get more than a handful of high major offers in the last several months, he ignored it and failed to admit he was wrong. Can't respect someone like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT