ADVERTISEMENT

Totally Out-Schemed and Outcoached….

RossMackey

True Freshman
Aug 29, 2017
On both sides of the ball…

There is always much gained from week 1 to week 2, but YIKES

I’m now officially worried about an embarrassing beatdown next week in Blacksburg when I head down there- hope I’m wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: Russ Ford
Where were the highly touted offensive and defensive systems????
Well on offense it’s very difficult to do much of anything when the line gets dominated as it was today. With all the additions to the line in the off-season, it was most disappointing to see this.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
No roll outs...no misdirections...offense vanilla for an offensive guru...when your line sux...those are the things ya do..

Reactions: bonefish1
No roll outs...no misdirections...offense vanilla for an offensive guru...when your line sux...those are the things ya do..
This x2000. I wanted to see card bootleg at the goal line vs run up the gut with our 4th string center... Defense couldn't stop anyone last year at least o could move the ball. Need to get card more involved in the run game and do real option plays and not the stupid pistol read shit.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
O-line got jobbed. Stunningly bad performance. Line coaches better change the “system” and engage immediately. We were absolutely dominated upfront.

This x2000. I wanted to see card bootleg at the goal line vs run up the gut with our 4th string center... Defense couldn't stop anyone last year at least o could move the ball. Need to get card more involved in the run game and do real option plays and not the stupid pistol read shit.
Touche....

It was all very predictable, we knew that the Oline and secondary were going to be dicey and they were. Tedford's game plan was better and his second half adjustments were what you would expect of a sage coach.
We left 6 to 10 points on the field and lost by 3.
What are we crying about?
Did we all think that Tedford
wasn't going to throw on our safeties and pressure our unproven corners?

The good things:
Special teams play was way better without Mr. Miyagi.
#31 will only get better.
Fresno couldn't run the ball and kill the clock.
The field looked fantastic.

When you make a hire with no head coaching experience, I expect you're going to get out-coached for a while. The post game press conference didn't inspire a lot of confidence.

There was a lot of "we will have to watch the tape" in the post game presser. That is coaching language, translated is What the hell just happened.
Heard that every week from Hazell. Not a good Parallel here. Plenty to be inferred from the performance. Worrysome coaches couldn’t identify it quickly…or they’d have won this game.

Heard that every week from Hazell. Not a good Parallel here. Plenty to be inferred from the performance. Worrysome coaches couldn’t identify it quickly…or they’d have won this game.

The lack of adjustments on defense is what was concerning to me. And then obviously the questionable calls of declining a 4th and 3 and running it up the gut when we're playing a 3rd and 4th string center...

The lack of adjustments on defense is what was concerning to me. And then obviously the questionable calls of declining a 4th and 3 and running it up the gut when we're playing a 3rd and 4th string center...
And not rolling out a mobile QB, continuing to drop BOTH Scourton and Jenkins into coverage and only rushing 3, repeated 3rd/4th down conversions while not being able to convert our own…

As it stands now this is a bad football team. Coaching can get us to a bowl…but not the coaching we are getting now.

Reactions: SKYDOG
And not rolling out a mobile QB, continuing to drop BOTH Scourton and Jenkins into coverage and only rushing 3, repeated 3rd/4th down conversions while not being able to convert our own…

As it stands now this is a bad football team. Coaching can get us to a bowl…but not the coaching we are getting now.
it will take time w/ a new first time coach. Saw this last year w/ nd's HC. Seems like CRW can recruit but w/ this tough schedule we got is the reason I predicted a 4 win season

If we see a big improvement on both sides of the with some of the issues corrected......then there still is hope for a decent season! But if it's a rinse and repeat.......four games will be a stretch.
was a pre season prediction

I would think getting our starting center and his backup in the two deeps would help. Getting everyone back to their natural positions should help o-line play. As Paboiler or somebody else mentioned the play calling didn’t make sense, so all I can figure is the play book was severely limited by personnel availability? The declined penalty is on Walters, but even CJB made some really questionable calls and he is a “football guy”. I’m going to watch the next few games hoping there is week over week progress. Boiler up!

Reactions: tenwest
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT