ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight's Game with Clemson

purduepat1969

All-American
Sep 28, 2011
Clemson looks to be favored by 1. Watched a few minutes of Clemson and Miss St. Looked like a sh!t show from what I saw. Looking forward to how this team plays against a more talented squad.

On another note, I couldn't be more excited by what I saw from the younger players. Ivey and Newman are the real deals. And Edey? Holy sh!t batman! Morton looked a little rough, but what can you expect when you're recovering from mono. Didn't get to see much of Gillis, but man that kid is built...

The older players looked pretty good as well. Wheeler was solid, shooting the ball better, and much more aggressive. Thompson and Sasha both played pretty well. Trevion had a tough offensive game, but a lot of boards.

This team looks talented. And when we get Furst and Kaufman next year, goodness sakes will it be oozing with talent. The future is SO bright!!

Clemson looks to be favored by 1. Watched a few minutes of Clemson and Miss St. Looked like a sh!t show from what I saw. Looking forward to how this team plays against a more talented squad.

On another note, I couldn't be more excited by what I saw from the younger players. Ivey and Newman are the real deals. And Edey? Holy sh!t batman! Morton looked a little rough, but what can you expect when you're recovering from mono. Didn't get to see much of Gillis, but man that kid is built...

The older players looked pretty good as well. Wheeler was solid, shooting the ball better, and much more aggressive. Thompson and Sasha both played pretty well. Trevion had a tough offensive game, but a lot of boards.

This team looks talented. And when we get Furst and Kaufman next year, goodness sakes will it be oozing with talent. The future is SO bright!!

Gillis hadn’t played a game in 2/3 years. I give him a pass until he gets games under his belt. He looks 6’6” to me, haha. I expect him to be a banger and shooter for years to come.

Ivey looks freakish athletic. He has quickness and is able to get off the floor like I haven’t seen at Purdue in some time.

Newman is a stud. His defense will be an asset to the team.

Morton is tall. He is out together better than I thought he’d be. Pass to him until January because he had Mono.

TreW will be fine. He is a great rebounder. He didn’t get the benefit of a few fouls. Whe. He gets his mojo moving he will get his 12 points a game easily.

Thompson was very good. Sasha will benefit from being the 4th/5th offensive option. He quietly had 9. He will get a sneaky 15 every once in a while.

Wheeler played well. Aggressive rebounds and shooting. Looked like he was playing with confidence. This guy might be the key to the whole thing.

Hunter is probably our best guard and he didn’t play. Having him back won’t hurt the cause.

For anyone who watched Clemson-Mississippi State, what does their front line look like? Do they have a chance against our new secret weapon?

Ivey looks..... special.

He has the carson aura type special to him. This teams future is bright. I watched Edey in HS and thought no way he would contribute... wow was I wrong

Ivey looks the part and from just one game plays the part. Im not sure he stays on the bench much longer although Painter usually awaits a loss or 2 before meddling with the starting lineup.

Gillis reminds me of Grant Williams (TN/Celtics).

That's an interesting comparison; he was a helluva player. Give Mr. Gillis some time to work back into getting used to the competition and playing games....but I see him being a big part of the team's future down the line. IIRC, they mentioned this was his first game in well over 1,000 days.

Funny how crazy things work in your head.....I heard that and immediately thought of how many days it's been since.....nvm.

For anyone who watched Clemson-Mississippi State, what does their front line look like? Do they have a chance against our new secret weapon?
It was really hard to get a gauge of either team in that second game. Not a lot of offense being run. Miss St looked like they had Ronnie Johnson running point and not much else. A lot of missed jump shots and turnovers. Neither team seemed to focus on getting into the paint.

I seen the Morton turnovers coming having watched many of his games he is a great passer but makes bad decisions he will have to get them right . But he did look a little slow normally he is everywhere and in on most plays . He is a player built on hustle and heart . He will be great .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT