ADVERTISEMENT

Today

boiler-deuce

Senior
Feb 18, 2012
Was an epic dismantling of the Illini. A complete and utter beatdown. Once again, I'm telling you THIS IS THE TEAM I thought it would be in the beginning of the year. The talent is obviously gelling with each recent passing game. It's taken longer than I thought, but I'm telling you THIS IS THE YEAR. And, I'm sorry if some just don't want to hear it, but KS being given less minutes is a good thing for the win/loss record and NCAA success. This friggin team is starting to really click. I hope that tomorrow Michigan comes out with the press right from the start. If, we still can't handle it, then I'd rather see it now than in the NCAA's. The truth is, that's the only question right now with the potential to derail our season. It's either solved or will kill us. And, that falls on Painter. For this team to be still struggling with a press is unacceptable this late. We need to see a serious test and find out if we can pass it. If we do pass the press test? Boys....it's on. I'm telling you...IT'S ON!

When Purdue plays inside out and we don't hesitate and are not afraid to take GOOD outside shots, we are very difficult to beat. The difference between now and 4 weeks ago is guys like VE,DM and RC are shooting without fear or hesitation and taking good shots. AJ and Haas are passing really well out of the post when they are doubled. If we have just one guy hitting threes, it really opens things up. PJ as well has hit his open shots. CS is really finding his niche inside. Great job by the Boilers.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
It's too bad we are playing Michigan instead of IU. Mainly, I wanted to beat IU, but also, we stand very little to gain by beating a mediocre Michigan team and possibly dropping a seed by losing to them. Even if we get to MSU tomorrow, the game ends to late to factor in much if at all to the seeding. If we could have played and beaten a top 10 IU today, that definitely could have helped.

It's too bad we are playing Michigan instead of IU. Mainly, I wanted to beat IU, but also, we stand very little to gain by beating a mediocre Michigan team and possibly dropping a seed by losing to them. Even if we get to MSU tomorrow, the game ends to late to factor in much if at all to the seeding. If we could have played and beaten a top 10 IU today, that definitely could have helped.

You never know with the late timing of the finish of the BTT final, but sometimes the committee will have an alternate bracket based upon the outcome. This is getting way ahead of things, but it's still possible if Purdue and MSU were to meet in the final.....the winner might be on one line, and the loser gets the other. Not saying that would be the case, and Michigan State still has the stronger resume. It's a little more plausible in that it involves two teams from the same conference in the same geographic region.

The Boilers just need to try and keep playing good, smart basketball....then let the chips, seedings, and brackets fall where they may.

You never know with the late timing of the finish of the BTT final, but sometimes the committee will have an alternate bracket based upon the outcome. This is getting way ahead of things, but it's still possible if Purdue and MSU were to meet in the final.....the winner might be on one line, and the loser gets the other. Not saying that would be the case, and Michigan State still has the stronger resume. It's a little more plausible in that it involves two teams from the same conference in the same geographic region.

The Boilers just need to try and keep playing good, smart basketball....then let the chips, seedings, and brackets fall where they may

Exactly. And that includes first taking care of Michigan.........they aren't just going to roll over and die. Stay focused......or Michigan will be playing another game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT